PDA

View Full Version : Snyder/Brownwood Final

Snyder_TigerFan
11-06-2009, 11:22 PM
22-14 Brownwood.

Wow....what a game. Unfortunately, the Tigers game up on the short end. Good season for the Tigers. Very good experience for many of the young guys. Nothing to hang their heads about. Great season for the seniors...

Brownwood definitely made the correct half time adjustments and we didn't. Credit the Brownwood coaching staff. Good luck to Brownwood the rest of the season.

And now for the criticism. I would love to know how/why #1 lost his position as QB? Was it a reluctance to go to a passing game or at least a balanced offense? He would have been your best bet to do that. IMO it was obvious that he was the best offensive player on the field, but the ball was not put in his hands near enough.

Looking4number8
11-07-2009, 12:00 AM
I know nothing about your other QB but I will say neither team threw the ball very well tonight. McShan had plenty of time in the pocket but did not hit his targets very well, the same can be said for the Snyder QB. The difference tonight was Brownwood was able to run the ball in the 2nd half and Snyder could not.

I wish I could see these two teams play when both were playing better, it might be an even better game.

Congtrats Lions!!

ccmom
11-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Way to go Lions!:clap:

Kid Ice
11-07-2009, 12:24 AM
We figured out that we didn't have to pass it and ran the ball down their throat in the 2nd Half. BM got jacked.

Other than that, I was impressed with Snyder. Good game all around. Snyder's passing game was non-existent except for a NICE deep ball to score right before halftime. I think Brownwood's defense is tough. Snyder's 14 came on a INT return to the 1 and a deep ball right over the defenders head. Besides that, we SHUT THEM DOWN.

Good game Snyder and thanks for playing clean football. Good luck on the hardwood.

Rocket
11-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Kid Ice
We figured out that we didn't have to pass it and ran the ball down their throat in the 2nd Half. BM got jacked.

Other than that, I was impressed with Snyder. Good game all around. Snyder's passing game was non-existent except for a NICE deep ball to score right before halftime. I think Brownwood's defense is tough. Snyder's 14 came on a INT return to the 1 and a deep ball right over the defenders head. Besides that, we SHUT THEM DOWN.

Good game Snyder and thanks for playing clean football. Good luck on the hardwood.

This was MY POST. My bro was logged in and I didn't realize it.

Looking4number8
11-07-2009, 12:32 AM
True, both Snyder scores were 1 play drives after intercepions, the first a 1 yard drive and the 2nd a 34 yard pass.

It was a good win for us and our defense was the reason we won. We did not throw well tonight but I suppose you have to give Snyders D some credit for that

Inmateboss
11-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Congrats on the win Brownwood!!! Awesome job. Where are ya'll going??? We got Borger in Lubbock.

ccmom
11-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Congrats on the win Brownwood!!! Awesome job. Where are ya'll going??? We got Borger in Lubbock.

They play Dalhart in Lubbock right after your game.

Inmateboss
11-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Good deal make a day of it!!! Kind of wild today in Breckenridge. We were tailgating in the parking lot had about 75 people eating and a little music going on " Life is Good" stuff, then here comes the Cops--- Music is to loud, Turned music off. 10 min. later the Shhool Superintendent Pulls the plug and tells us to get off any school property. So were loading up all our stuff and a man and a lady that live right behind the stadium parking lot came out and said we could have it in their yard! So heres like 100 Graham fans Tailgating in these very nice peoples yard and a good time was had by all. With the exception of the Super every body in Breckenridge were awesome the Grounds Keepers came by and asked if we needed anything trash cans ect.... It was cool.

STANG RED
11-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Just got home from this game. It was a great game to watch, but both offenses were a bit sloppy at times, but I think the defenses had a lot to do with that. I will say this though. Snyder got a real bad no call on a very obvious interference right in front of the Brownwood bench, and no more than 10 feet from a ref. Worse yet, it would have been for a first down to almost midfield , with about 3 minutes to go in the game. Next play, Shipley intercepts the ball, then Brownwood scores the iceing TD just a couple plays later. Had they called the interference like they should have, things may have turned out a whole lot different. But none the less, it was a great game to watch, and I do believe the better team won, and should make a good playoff run. Had Snyder won, their kicking game (or lack there of) would have bit them in the butt somewhere in the playoffs, sooner or later.

Had a great time at Humphrey Petes before the game, and Wookin was right. The jalapeno pork chops were awesome. Great food with great company. It dont get much better than that. And the M&G was great as well. I look forward to seeing you boys at several playoff games in the weeks to come.
Who's gonna poney up a Brownwood Lions t-shirt or cap for me to wear? :D

sportzman44
11-07-2009, 02:26 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by STANG RED
[B]Just got home from this game. It was a great game to watch, but both offenses were a bit sloppy at times, but I think the defenses had a lot to do with that. I will say this though. Snyder got a real bad no call on a very obvious interference right in front of the Brownwood bench, and no more than 10 feet from a ref. Worse yet, it would have been for a first down to almost midfield , with about 3 minutes to go in the game. Next play, Shipley intercepts the ball, then Brownwood scores the iceing TD just a couple plays later. Had they called the interference like they should have, things may have turned out a whole lot different. But none the less, it was a great game to watch, and I do believe the better team won, and should make a good playoff run. Had Snyder won, their kicking game (or lack there of) would have bit them in the butt somewhere in the playoffs, sooner or later.

and if Brownwood would not of had an obvious touchdown called a fumble and if a frog had wings......

STANG RED
11-07-2009, 02:31 AM
[

and if Brownwood would not of had an obvious touchdown called a fumble and if a frog had wings...... [/B][/QUOTE]

:confused: :confused: Did you forget to take your medication? Or did you take too much?

sportzman44
11-07-2009, 02:47 AM
If I misinterpreted your post I apologize.

It was a great game,The defenses where awsome and I am thankful that Brownwood was able to pull out the win.

GO BROWNWOOD!!

BwdLion_80
11-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

I am sure someone can come up with a shirt for you! What size might that be so we can start looking for one.

bwdaggie
11-07-2009, 07:52 AM
this is the craziest district & makes for REALLY exciting game!! the electricity in the air was tangible for this game from both sides! snyder plays some HARD-hittin' ball...hats off to a good tiger team!
...now GO LIONS, BEAT DALHART!!!!!!
& GO LADY LIONS BEAT MONAHANS!!! :D

STANG RED
11-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
I am sure someone can come up with a shirt for you! What size might that be so we can start looking for one.

That would be XXX huge. I'm in great shape. The shape just happens to be big and round. :D

Looking4number8
11-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Just got home from this game. It was a great game to watch, but both offenses were a bit sloppy at times, but I think the defenses had a lot to do with that. I will say this though. Snyder got a real bad no call on a very obvious interference right in front of the Brownwood bench, and no more than 10 feet from a ref. Worse yet, it would have been for a first down to almost midfield , with about 3 minutes to go in the game. Next play, Shipley intercepts the ball, then Brownwood scores the iceing TD just a couple plays later. Had they called the interference like they should have, things may have turned out a whole lot different. But none the less, it was a great game to watch, and I do believe the better team won, and should make a good playoff run. Had Snyder won, their kicking game (or lack there of) would have bit them in the butt somewhere in the playoffs, sooner or later.

Had a great time at Humphrey Petes before the game, and Wookin was right. The jalapeno pork chops were awesome. Great food with great company. It dont get much better than that. And the M&G was great as well. I look forward to seeing you boys at several playoff games in the weeks to come.

Actually I agree with you about the interference call or lack of it but the officiating was bad all the way around. In the first half I thought Snyder got all of the calls, in the 2 nd half I thought the calls were very anti-Brownwood (with the one pre mentioned exception) I dont like it when it seems like officiating might change a game. I dont believe it did in this one, our defense was lights out in the 2nd half.

It was a fun game, glad you could be a part of it... hope to see you again soon

DaHop72
11-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Congrats to the Brownwood Lions, you played a great second half and pulled it out. Good luck in the playoffs.

Congrats to the Tigers as well, you were out manned in size all year long and had a heck of a season.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

skins4life
11-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Congrats to the Brownwood Lions, you played a great second half and pulled it out. Good luck in the playoffs.

Congrats to the Tigers as well, you were out manned in size all year long and had a heck of a season.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad you all made it home safe and sound.

I hope Stang didn't cut a Lion like he did the Tiger.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Actually I agree with you about the interference call or lack of it but the officiating was bad all the way around. In the first half I thought Snyder got all of the calls, in the 2 nd half I thought the calls were very anti-Brownwood (with the one pre mentioned exception) I dont like it when it seems like officiating might change a game. I dont believe it did in this one, our defense was lights out in the 2nd half.

It was a fun game, glad you could be a part of it... hope to see you again soon

Actually, how many penalties did Brownwood get the first half?

Looking4number8
11-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Actually, how many penalties did Brownwood get the first half?

Thats what I meant, I thought the first half the refs called our way. We got some help from peneltys in the first half weather it was deserved or not I don't know. Sorry I did not write that right.

The 2nd half was tough on us penelty wize but at least we did not keep turning over the ball!

Rocket
11-07-2009, 02:35 PM
If we get our obvious TD called on our 2nd Drive we go up possibly 14-0, then kick off again. Turnovers are ALWAYS a momentum shift. TD's are too. Our TD would have cancelled out the mis-fumble and we would have had them on the ropes early in the game.

Our defense played lights out. BTW, the refs owed us that no interference call. My goodness, they took 2 TD's and 2 HUGE first downs away from us. Didn't matter though, Snyder's offense was mediocre at best, just like I said all week long. :D

daug
11-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Bwood was really getting hammered by penalties in the second half and it was nice to see them overcome that for a big win. Snyder;s D was great

Snyder_TigerFan
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
If we get our obvious TD called on our 2nd Drive we go up possibly 14-0, then kick off again. Turnovers are ALWAYS a momentum shift. TD's are too. Our TD would have cancelled out the mis-fumble and we would have had them on the ropes early in the game.

Our defense played lights out. BTW, the refs owed us that no interference call. My goodness, they took 2 TD's and 2 HUGE first downs away from us. Didn't matter though, Snyder's offense was mediocre at best, just like I said all week long. :D

Shoulda woulda coulda....you are full of it 100% of the time.

What happened to 21+?

Tres Lobos
11-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
this is the craziest district & makes for REALLY exciting game!! the electricity in the air was tangible for this game from both sides! snyder plays some HARD-hittin' ball...hats off to a good tiger team!
...now GO LIONS, BEAT DALHART!!!!!!
& GO LADY LIONS BEAT MONAHANS!!! :D

GO LADY LOBOES! Won in 3 :D

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah tres lobos. I didn't have the heart to tell him that Brownwood was about to face
the West Texas juggernaut that is the Monahan's volleyball team. Sweetwater won
their first ever playoff match a year or so ago and
their reward was Monahans in the
next round. Well, let's just say...our girl's played real hard and never gave up. :D

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2009, 07:43 PM
LMAO Rocket. You can ask STANG RED. There were Brownwood fans that were sitting
behind us and some behind us and to our right
that were complaining about the penalties
and "out coaching Shipley after every play":rolleyes: . When Brownwood got the "No call"
for pass interference, I hollered "there's your make up call Brownwood!" just to see their reaction. :devil:

skins4life
11-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
LMAO Rocket. You can ask STANG RED. There were Brownwood fans that were sitting
behind us and some behind us and to our right
that were complaining about the penalties
and "out coaching Shipley after every play":rolleyes: . When Brownwood got the "No call"
for pass interference, I hollered "there's your make up call Brownwood!" just to see their reaction. :devil:

AND???? Tell the rest of the story!!! Don't leave us hangin'...:D :D :D

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Well, a few Brownwood posters stood up and voiced their displeasure with my statement.
Then my boy stood up and turned his cap around.
Needless to say, the couldn't sit down fast enough. :D

skins4life
11-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Well, a few Brownwood posters stood up and voiced their displeasure with my statement.
Then my boy stood up and turned his cap around.
Needless to say, the couldn't sit down fast enough. :D

I forgot you took your bodyguard with you. Good for 'Lil Red, that'll teach 'em.
:D

Rocket
11-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Shoulda woulda coulda....you are full of it 100% of the time.

What happened to 21+?

We are easily 21 points better than Snyder. We just rope a doped ya into not making any adjustments at half then ran the ball down your throat. If not for the refs, it would have been 21+. Oh and how many times in a row did y'all run that lethal half-back pass... LOL looked like an 8th Grade B Team offense.

Snydertigersrul
11-08-2009, 07:02 AM
We are easily 21 points better than Snyder. We just rope a doped ya into not making any adjustments at half then ran the ball down your throat. If not for the refs, it would have been 21+. Oh and how many times in a row did y'all run that lethal half-back pass... LOL looked like an 8th Grade B Team offense.

You must have been at a different game, the officiating crew was definitely pro-Brownwood

95mustang
11-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
You must have been at a different game, the officiating crew was definitely pro-Brownwood

Not in the second half. There were missed calls for both teams and there were bad calls on both teams. Nature of the game. I will admit the first half they were pro-Brownwood. The second half not so much.

Looking4number8
11-08-2009, 08:55 AM
And you wonder why the snider sucks sucks sucks thread was almost 20 pages long and lasted 3 weeks, We were not talking about Dahop or the snider football team, they are a class act, but STD, eeer I mean R:D :D :D

Enjoy it, your time in the playoffs will be over either next week, or the following week for sure.

WIMBERLEY will give the Lions and Rocket a spanking if they meet. I doubt if Brownwood gets past the second round.

GO DALHART, BEAT BROWNWOOD

Snyder_TigerFan
11-08-2009, 09:51 AM

Please....you shouldn't flatter yourself. Truth be known, one, Snyder was better than you thought, and two, Brownwood was not as good as advertised.

But, fact of the matter is you guys beat us so I wish you the Brownwood players the best of luck. You, on the other hand, not so much.

DaHop72
11-09-2009, 12:07 AM
If not for the refs, it would have been 21+. Rocket, it's time to get that vision checked again or just get a copy of the tape. If it hadn't been for the non-call on the pass interference in front of the Bwood bench, could have been a different score at the end my friend. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ex-Tiger2005
11-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Rocket, it's time to get that vision checked again or just get a copy of the tape. If it hadn't been for the non-call on the pass interference in front of the Bwood bench, could have been a different score at the end my friend. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I can admit I acted like an idiot after this no call. As you can imagine why Hop!:D

He made a good catch before half tho! :clap:

Rocket
11-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
I can admit I acted like an idiot after this no call. As you can imagine why Hop!:D

He made a good catch before half tho! :clap:

It was too close to call. They arrived right at the same time. Perfect timing.

And, that same ref gave you the ball on the 1 yard line after we were clearly in for the TD. ;)

Rocket
11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Please....you shouldn't flatter yourself. Truth be known, one, Snyder was better than you thought, and two, Brownwood was not as good as advertised.

But, fact of the matter is you guys beat us so I wish you the Brownwood players the best of luck. You, on the other hand, not so much.

LOL yeah right. 250 yards or less of offense used to do the job back in the 70's.

Brownwood played down to Snyder's level. Your defense is good, I will give you that. Your offense was not good enough to sustain a drive. ALL GAME!

Rocket
11-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Rocket, it's time to get that vision checked again or just get a copy of the tape. If it hadn't been for the non-call on the pass interference in front of the Bwood bench, could have been a different score at the end my friend. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What about the bogus calls that took away a score and the nice 1st Down catch for Brownwood in the 2nd Half? LOL

DaHop72
11-09-2009, 03:12 PM
What about the bogus calls that took away a score and the nice 1st Down catch for Brownwood in the 2nd Half? LOL :thinking: :thinking: Humm, Rocket, Rocket, it is you looking through the Maroon colored glasses that brought up the officiating not me. I don't watch a game through black and gold colored glasses, I see missed calls on both sides of the field in nearly every game I attend. And since I know that you have access, I challenge you to post the call I'm talking about and show everyone the "perfect" timing on the play. Up to it big man? :D

Rocket
11-09-2009, 03:14 PM
:thinking: :thinking: Humm, Rocket, Rocket, it is you looking through the Maroon colored glasses that brought up the officiating not me. I don't watch a game through black and gold colored glasses, I see missed calls on both sides of the field in nearly every game I attend. And since I know that you have access, I challenge you to post the call I'm talking about and show everyone the "perfect" timing on the play. Up to it big man? :D

I don't have access. Doesn't matter. That would have been your only other catch of the game. LOL

DaHop72
11-09-2009, 03:14 PM

He made a good catch before half tho! :clap: One for the highlight reels Z!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
11-09-2009, 03:32 PM
One for the highlight reels Z!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Agreed. I think Snyder fans were more surprised than anybody. :eek:

DaHop72
11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Agreed. I think Snyder fans were more surprised than anybody. :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sometimes you wear me out with your vast knowledge Rocket. You guys get onto LE Dad because you say he doesn't know anything about Bwood and then you make an asinine statement like this. I've watched Shade since he was in grade school in football, baseball and basketball and nothing this young man does surprises me. But you just keep up, watch when he plays the other sports against your precious Lions and then you won't be surprised and then you will get to watch him next year as well since he's a junior.

LE Dad
11-09-2009, 04:11 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sometimes you wear me out with your vast knowledge Rocket. You guys get onto LE Dad because you say he doesn't know anything about Bwood and then you make an asinine statement like this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just consider the source:dispntd: :dispntd: I do:doh:

Ex-Tiger2005
11-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Agreed. I think Snyder fans were more surprised than anybody. :eek:

All I am asking is you be careful with your next words about that kid! He is someone very close to me! I understand joking and all that fun stuff but dont put a kid down that layed it all on the line Friday and all season long...

Ex-Tiger2005
11-09-2009, 05:44 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sometimes you wear me out with your vast knowledge Rocket. You guys get onto LE Dad because you say he doesn't know anything about Bwood and then you make an asinine statement like this. I've watched Shade since he was in grade school in football, baseball and basketball and nothing this young man does surprises me. But you just keep up, watch when he plays the other sports against your precious Lions and then you won't be surprised and then you will get to watch him next year as well since he's a junior.

Good kid who never says anything back! He has the ability to turn the other cheek. Something that I never had! Oh well! Hopefully he just gets bigger, faster, and stronger for next year. I know he will if I have anything to do with him:devil: !

Looking4number8
11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
All I am asking is you be careful with your next words about that kid! He is someone very close to me! I understand joking and all that fun stuff but dont put a kid down that layed it all on the line Friday and all season long...

I did not think either team played catch very well friday but this was one of the best catches of the night (by the offenses) Here is a picture of that catch for you. Just so you know, the kid covering him and looking to be in position to make the interception is only a sophomore but is the brother of UT's Kenny Vaccarro. It was a great play by your your player, looking forward to next year

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_2701a1.jpg

Looking4number8
11-09-2009, 06:22 PM
And here is a link to the site and story I got that off of, it has about a hundred or so pics of the game

http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=731:brownwood-knocks-out-snyder-heads-to-playoffs&catid=39:sports&Itemid=62

Rocket
11-09-2009, 06:32 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sometimes you wear me out with your vast knowledge Rocket. You guys get onto LE Dad because you say he doesn't know anything about Bwood and then you make an asinine statement like this. I've watched Shade since he was in grade school in football, baseball and basketball and nothing this young man does surprises me. But you just keep up, watch when he plays the other sports against your precious Lions and then you won't be surprised and then you will get to watch him next year as well since he's a junior.

After watching Snyder's passing game, I would think any 35 yard TD catch would be few and far between. That was where my statement came from. Either your passing game was just off Friday night, or Brownwood is just that good. Which one is it?

DaHop72
11-09-2009, 07:16 PM
After watching Snyder's passing game, I would think any 35 yard TD catch would be few and far between. That was where my statement came from. Either your passing game was just off Friday night, or Brownwood is just that good. Which one is it? And what is your annual income for thinking?:thinking: Snyder rushing yardage: 1751 passing 1541 compared to air Bwood passing: 2202 and rushing 1221.:rolleyes: Just another classy shot at another town not named Brownwood, so I guess the answer to the last question is that Brownwood is the best football team in the entire great state of Texas. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2009, 07:41 PM
For what it is worth 2005, the catch the Snyder kid made was identical
to the one Shipley made against us in our game. Both were sweet.
But, you should be proud because the Snyder kid did it against a
MUCH STRONGER opponent. :rolleyes:

STANG RED
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
:thinking: :thinking: Humm, Rocket, Rocket, it is you looking through the Maroon colored glasses that brought up the officiating not me. I don't watch a game through black and gold colored glasses, I see missed calls on both sides of the field in nearly every game I attend. And since I know that you have access, I challenge you to post the call I'm talking about and show everyone the "perfect" timing on the play. Up to it big man? :D

LOL, Hop if you want to see a video of that play posted on here, it'll have to be done by someone from Snyder. I doubt any Bwood poster would post it, especially after looking at it again. The play wasnt even close, it was interferance by a mile, and Rocket and everybody else knows it.
Was the non TD and fumble on the 1 a bad call against them? Who knows? All us fans were a couple hundred feet away, up in the stands. Only someone standing right on the goal line could possibly tell. Hmmmmmmm :thinking: I wonder who that could be? I know I didnt see Rocket down there.

Rocket
11-09-2009, 09:13 PM
LOL, Hop if you want to see a video of that play posted on here, it'll have to be done by someone from Snyder. I doubt any Bwood poster would post it, especially after looking at it again. The play wasnt even close, it was interferance by a mile, and Rocket and everybody else knows it.
Was the non TD and fumble on the 1 a bad call against them? Who knows? All us fans were a couple hundred feet away, up in the stands. Only someone standing right on the goal line could possibly tell. Hmmmmmmm :thinking: I wonder who that could be? I know I didnt see Rocket down there.

We had video and a picture of the TD. They were watching it in the press box at halftime. The refs owed us that call after calling us on a chop block that robbed our first down (after Snyder was doing it the whole game).

Rocket
11-09-2009, 09:14 PM
And what is your annual income for thinking?:thinking: Snyder rushing yardage: 1751 passing 1541 compared to air Bwood passing: 2202 and rushing 1221.:rolleyes: Just another classy shot at another town not named Brownwood, so I guess the answer to the last question is that Brownwood is the best football team in the entire great state of Texas. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So you are saying Brownwood is just that good. Thanks, that is all I needed to know! LOL

STANG RED
11-09-2009, 09:16 PM
We had video and a picture of the TD. They were watching it in the press box at halftime.

Was this video taken from the press box, or on the goal line, where you can actually tell? Yeh, thats what I thought. No sale Rocket. Try again.:p

STANG RED
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
We had video and a picture of the TD. They were watching it in the press box at halftime. The refs owed us that call after calling us on a chop block that robbed our first down (after Snyder was doing it the whole game).

It seems the refs got a little crazy with the chop block calls all year. I must have seen that called 3 to 4 times almost every game I watched this year. I realize why their calling it, but dang I've never seen it called like that it years past. I just wish they'd let them get back to playing football, instead of powder puff. Then again, I never got an ACL injury. I might feel differently if I had.

Rocket
11-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Was this video taken from the press box, or on the goal line, where you can actually tell? Yeh, thats what I thought. No sale Rocket. Try again.:p

It's called a tight copy and yes you can see it. Those refs couldn't come within 3 inches of the goaline and not call that a TD. The ball bounced out of his hands off the turf in the endzone!

garciap77
11-09-2009, 09:51 PM

If it weren’t for the refs and us pulling our starters after the first-half ....... we are easily 80 points better than Brownwood!:D

LOL You looked like a peewee team at best! :D

What's up cero-dos (0-2)!:D

;)

Rocket
11-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
If it weren’t for the refs and us pulling our starters after the first-half ....... we are easily 80 points better than Brownwood!:D

;)

And Wylie played way above themselves.. Graham and Snyder both proved that. You got beat by Graham. LOL

garciap77
11-09-2009, 10:02 PM
And Wylie played way above themselves.. Graham and Snyder both proved that. You got beat by Graham. LOL

0-2!:D

I wish we could play Brownwood every week!:D

;)

LE Dad
11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
If it weren`t for the refs and us pulling our starters after the first-half ....... we are easily 80 points better than Brownwood!:D

;) :clap: :clap: :clap:

STANG RED
11-09-2009, 10:26 PM
It's called a tight copy and yes you can see it. Those refs couldn't come within 3 inches of the goaline and not call that a TD. The ball bounced out of his hands off the turf in the endzone!

Wow, that was a bad call then. Snyder really got screwed getting the ball on the 1 yard line. sounds like it should have been a touchback. Snyder ball on the 20. :eek:
And since they moved the ball 85 yards after that, they would have scored a TD. Man Snyder really got screwed bad. Thanks for clearing that up for us Rocket. :D

Rocket
11-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Wow, that was a bad call then. Snyder really got screwed getting the ball on the 1 yard line. sounds like it should have been a touchback. Snyder ball on the 20. :eek:
And since they moved the ball 85 yards after that, they would have scored a TD. Man Snyder really got screwed bad. Thanks for clearing that up for us Rocket. :D

Most of their offensive yards on one drive? Can somebody say adjustments? LOL :thinking:

garciap77
11-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Most of their offensive yards on one drive? Can somebody say adjustments? LOL :thinking:

Adjustments! LOL
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8629posting.jpg

;) It's all in fun Rocket! It's all in fun! Go Lions!!!!!!:)

Ranger Mom
11-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Adjustments! LOL
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8629posting.jpg

Ohhh OUCH!!!!

skins4life
11-09-2009, 11:32 PM

Was the play in question a pass play and if it was, was the receiver in contact with the defender on his way to the ground?:confused: :confused:
If the receiver and the defender our in contact with each other when they hit the ground, then the receiver has to control the ball all of the way through the play. It can not "bounce out of his hands off the turf in the end zone";)

Saw a team lose a playoff game because of that rule one time..

skins4life
11-09-2009, 11:51 PM
If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/16/nfl-rulebook-101-braylon-edwardss-non-touchdown-td-catch/

I new I could find that rule!! ;) ;)

garciap77
11-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by skins4life
If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/16/nfl-rulebook-101-braylon-edwardss-non-touchdown-td-catch/

:clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
11-10-2009, 08:57 AM
So you are saying Brownwood is just that good. Thanks, that is all I needed to know! LOL ALL HAIL BROWNWOOD LIONS AND ROCKET!!!!!, no one is better than either. One will become state champs in '09 and the other will become king of the world. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looking4number8
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM

I have not commented on this play because it does not do any of us any good too. The game is over and we are headed to Lubbock on Friday. You guys are doing what we did this time last year (wondering why we had so many losses with such a good team on the field)

However I will say the rule you posted does not apply on this play because he was not in "in the act of catching a pass" here is a picture of the play in question. Too bad it was not taken a second later so we would know the answer and move on.

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_23421.jpg

Rocket
11-10-2009, 09:12 AM
ALL HAIL BROWNWOOD LIONS AND ROCKET!!!!!, no one is better than either. One will become state champs in '09 and the other will become king of the world.

Thank you, my son.

Rocket
11-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Adjustments! LOL

What's said is in Wylie-Graham, Wylie almost had as many turnovers as they did points.

FLUKE

Ranger Mom
11-10-2009, 09:38 AM
ALL HAIL BROWNWOOD LIONS AND ROCKET!!!!!, no one is better than either. One will become state champs in '09 and the other will become king of the world. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He will have to fight PPHSfan for that honor.

That could be quite interesting!!:thinking:

My money is on PPHSfan!!! :)

DaHop72
11-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

My money is on PPHSfan!!! :) No, no Ranger Mom. PPHSfan is king of the universe, Rocket couldn't even carry his jock. :devil: :devil:

Ranger Mom
11-10-2009, 11:41 AM
No, no Ranger Mom. PPHSfan is king of the universe, Rocket couldn't even carry his jock. :devil: :devil:

Gotcha!!!

Rocket
11-10-2009, 11:44 AM

My money is on PPHSfan!!! :)

Never heard of him.

DaHop72
11-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Never heard of him. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Never heard of him.

Yeah....that's too bad!!

He is so busy out getting rich that he has kinda forgotten about his minions he left back on this board!!!!!

PPHSFAN!! COME BACK!!!!!!!!

LE Dad
11-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Yeah....that's too bad!!

He is so busy out getting rich that he has kinda forgotten about his minions he left back on this board!!!!!

PPHSFAN!! COME BACK!!!!!!!! LOL He still here. He hangs out on Celina threads mainly :D

Rocket
11-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
LOL He still here. He hangs out on Celina threads mainly :D

That's funny, cuz I have blasted Celina over and over again and he has never wanted to start none. He knows that if he don't start none, won't be none. He probably agrees with everything I say if the PP stands for Pilot Point.

LE Dad
11-10-2009, 01:20 PM
He probably agrees with everything I say if the PP stands for Pilot Point. :D He does, I am sure, agree with most of what you say. He may take exception, with you questiong Celina competition and PP is Pilot Point. :cool:

garciap77
11-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Never heard of him.

Does he or her post here?

Rocket
11-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Does he or her post here?

Who cares..

garciap77
11-10-2009, 01:37 PM

Who's Selina?:D

;)

garciap77
11-10-2009, 01:38 PM
:D He does, I am sure, agree with most of what you say. He may take exception, with you questiong Celina competition and PP is Pilot Point. :cool:

Who's Pilot Point?:D

Ranger Mom
11-10-2009, 01:58 PM

????

Are you thinking of PPStatebound??

I looked through PPHSfan's last 50 posts or so, and he hasn't posted on a single Celina thread that I could see.

LE Dad
11-10-2009, 02:07 PM
????

Are you thinking of PPStatebound??

I looked through PPHSfan's last 50 posts or so, and he hasn't posted on a single Celina thread that I could see. :thinking: Pretty sure that I saw PPHSFan also :confused: but I could be mistaken:D ... We can't all be Rocket ya know :vrycnfsd:

:evilgrin:

Ranger Mom
11-10-2009, 02:08 PM
We can't all be Rocket ya know :vrycnfsd:

:evilgrin:

Thank God!!

garciap77
11-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey! I know you both like Rocket!:)

LE Dad
11-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey! I know you both like Rocket!:) LOL:clap: :clap:

Rocket is growing on me:D

Much like a fungus or mold:doh:

He does support his Lions thru thick and thin though :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
11-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Hey! I know you both like Rocket!:)

I like him.....but not enough to BE him!!!

LE Dad
11-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I like him.....but not enough to BE him!!! Hey RM, just to prove I hadn't totally "lost it". I looked back and PPHSFan is still around. :D

DaHop72
11-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Hey RM, just to prove I hadn't totally "lost it". I looked back and PPHSFan is still around. :D Just not on a Celina thread. :p :p

Ranger Mom
11-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Hey RM, just to prove I hadn't totally "lost it". I looked back and PPHSFan is still around. :D

I never said he wasn't around...did I??

I know he pops in from time to time....but I think only the "oldtimers" understand what I mean when I said....

"PPHSfan...come back!!!!"

LE Dad
11-10-2009, 04:16 PM
I never said he wasn't around...did I??

I know he pops in from time to time....but I think only the "oldtimers" understand what I mean when I said....

"PPHSfan...come back!!!!" You got me there. LOL I don't know much about him but he has started several threads.

AHH, the good ole days LOL :D

BwdLions
11-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Thank God!!:D

Y'all are gonna hurt Rocket's feelings talking like that.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Y'all are gonna hurt Rocket's feelings talking like that.

What??? He has no feelings!!!!:p

skins4life
11-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8

However I will say the rule you posted does not apply on this play because he was not in "in the act of catching a pass" here is a picture of the play in question. Too bad it was not taken a second later so we would know the answer and move on.

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_23421.jpg [/B]

Thus the question "was it a pass play"?

Looking4number8
11-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Thus the question "was it a pass play"?
yes it was a pass play but your quoted rule said "in the act of catching a pass". Either way, it ended up being Snyders ball and a really fun game to watch

garciap77
11-10-2009, 10:01 PM
So, who won this game anyway?:D

Looking4number8
11-10-2009, 11:44 PM
So, who won this game anyway?:D

Wylie is so good they won the Brownwood vs Snyder game by proxy

Rocket
11-11-2009, 10:53 AM
What??? He has no feelings!!!!:p

Wait a minute! Who do you think I am? The Grinch? It is the most wonderful time of the year...
http://www.destinationhollywood.com/movies/grinch/images/grinch2_29.jpg

garciap77
11-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Wait a minute! Who do you think I am? The Grinch? It is the most wonderful time of the year...
http://www.destinationhollywood.com/movies/grinch/images/grinch2_29.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: