PDA

View Full Version : Marlin-LG Friday 7:30pm Waco ISD

raj
11-25-2003, 10:28 AM
Just called the field house and talked to Coach Malone. Let's get 'em DAWGS!

FranksBullDog
11-25-2003, 11:32 AM
THIS IS A SMART MOVE ON LG. PART IF THEY CHOSE TO PLAY AT WISD BECAUSE MARLIN IS 1-6 THERE AND WEIRD THINGS ALLWAYS HAPPEN THERE BUT I DID NOT CARE WHERE THEY PLAY AS LONG AS OUR FANS HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE THE GAME.PEOPLE FROM LG. NEED TO TAKE A LONG LOOK AT THEIR OWN COACH AND ASK HIM SOME HARD QUESTIONS AFTER THEIR SEASON IS OVER FRI.IKNOW THIS SOUNDS BAD AND I WOULD NOT ORDINARILY SAY SUCH THINGS BUT THIS COACH V MADE EVERYONE IN MARLIN MAD THE WAY HE HAS HANDLED THIS MATTER.IM SURE THERE ARE REALLY NICE PEOPLE IN LG.BUT DONT LET A COACH LOOKING FOR AN EDGE INFLUENCE YOUR THOUGHTS ON A WHOLE TOWN.

cunbed10
11-25-2003, 12:46 PM
Whose the Home team?

FranksBullDog
11-25-2003, 01:13 PM
To Cunbed10 Marlin is the home team From what i was told an asst.coach from Marlin & Supt. met Supt. and Asst. coach at Rockdale with Marlin winning both time and location.Coach V had led people from LG. to believe he had won but in truth he had only won the choice of day.All this could have been avoided if there had been cooperation from LG. coach.

cunbed10
11-25-2003, 01:22 PM
FranksBullDog:
To Cunbed10 Marlin is the home team From what i was told an asst.coach from Marlin & Supt. met Supt. and Asst. coach at Rockdale with Marlin winning both time and location.Coach V had led people from LG. to believe he had won but in truth he had only won the choice of day.All this could have been avoided if there had been cooperation from LG. coach.Typical LaGrange stunts, I wonder if Pud and the Gang knows this?

SlaPPiE
11-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Please do not make such harsh judgements by using information transmitted by word of mouth. This article was in today's Austin-American Statesman and shows the truth behind the matter. As you can see, this dilemma was not the fault of Coach Valastro alone, as you cannot blame someone for just following proper procedure. The online version of the article can be found here (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/auto/epaper/editions/tuesday/sports_f33cc0c852d9b10800a8.html).

Central Texas football playoff notebook
If you think scheduling a playoff game is easy, think again -- just ask La Grange

By Rick Cantu and Matthew Obernauer

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

The La Grange-Marlin football playoff, a Class 3A Division II regional game, will be played Friday -- if the coaches can agree on a time and a site.

While the rest of the state playoff teams prepare for third-round games this weekend, La Grange and Marlin fans still cannot make specific plans. Coaches Tony Valastro of La Grange and Jerry Malone of Marlin would not budge on their preferences Monday.

In an hourlong meeting in La Grange, the coaches resolved nothing, saying they hope to work something out by Thursday.

The problem stems from Valastro's desire to play at noon at A&M Consolidated in College Station, a neutral site. Malone considers that a bad idea because the expected crowd of 86,000 fans in town for the Texas-Texas A&M game at 2:30 p.m. will make traveling difficult for Marlin followers.

Instead of flipping a coin to determine which team chooses the kickoff time, Malone left the meeting and drove back to Marlin.

"I'm trying to get the best advantage I can for our players, and I felt the game should be played in the afternoon," Valastro said. "(Malone) was dead-set against it."

To complicate matters, Malone did not have a neutral site proposal when he went to the meeting. His choices were either the Waco ISD Stadium or the Riesel High School stadium, both of which are within a half-hour's drive of Marlin.

La Grange's proposed site for a home field is Pflugerville. Valastro said coin flips to determine sites cannot be made until both teams have proposed neutral and home sites.

If the coaches can't settle it, superintendents from each school district will handle it.

"Ultimately, this is going to be settled by the two schools," said Mark Cousins, assistant athletic director for the University Interscholastic League.

MARLINFAN
11-25-2003, 11:10 PM
thats funny im sure that coach malone didt say risel high school. thats a 2a with not a great stadium.

marlin fan
11-25-2003, 11:12 PM
MARLINFAN:
thats funny im sure that coach malone didt say risel high school. thats a 2a with not a great stadium.lol Riesel is 1A.

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: marlin fan ]</small>

lepfan
11-25-2003, 11:14 PM
marlin fan:

MARLINFAN:
thats funny im sure that coach malone didt say risel high school. thats a 2a with not a great stadium.lol Risel is 1A.Well you know how newspaper reporting goes...and message board information...I learned a long time ago...If I don't hear it from the horse's mouth, go ask the horse!!!! So I do!!!

FranksBullDog
11-25-2003, 11:19 PM
He got the day he wanted but still wanted to start a game at a time when he knew would hurt even his own fans from attending all because he wanted Marlin on a short schedule to even the playing field.This will probably not be the last time they play so I hope there will be more CO-OP between these two in the future.

lepfan
11-25-2003, 11:21 PM
FranksBullDog:
He got the day he wanted but still wanted to start a game at a time when he knew would hurt even his own fans from attending all because he wanted Marlin on a short schedule to even the playing field.This will probably not be the last time they play so I hope there will be more CO-OP between these two in the future.Let me be a bit more blunt...DROP IT...LEAVE IT BE...NO MORE....UNDERSTAND NOW!!!

Leopard213
11-25-2003, 11:21 PM
Aren't we cooperating? Go Leps!!!

Leopard213
11-25-2003, 11:23 PM
O.K. your right lepfan, we better leave this alone. The M fans might get restless again.

marlin fan
11-25-2003, 11:32 PM
Leopard213:
O.K. your right lepfan, we better leave this alone. The M fans might get restless again.LOL M Square in the house

FranksBullDog
11-25-2003, 11:34 PM
After fri. it will be hist. until next year.They had the same argument last year.

MARLINFAN
11-25-2003, 11:37 PM
OKAY U KNOW HOW CUNBED 10 WAS ROMMED. aww i forgot no caps srry lol. well he was sighned on and created that password from his work in temple. so that means he can create a new screen name at home since its not his ip address that cunbed 10 is under. well he wanted me to tell you that he has created a new screen name cunbed 10 II. any will be back some times tommorow.