PDA

View Full Version : Cuero/Edna updates

XtremeCouture
11-06-2009, 09:18 PM
14-13 cuero end of first

XtremeCouture
11-06-2009, 09:27 PM
104 yard int return for td for Edna

what you been smoking Ex Couture? There weren't any turnovers - much less a TD return (44inarow)

lbjacj
11-06-2009, 09:37 PM
cuero 28
edna 20
half

Impresssd you listened to another Gobbler game - bad announcers and all :) 44inarow

XtremeCouture
11-06-2009, 09:38 PM
28-20 cuero in the second

KingRob
11-06-2009, 10:02 PM
WOW! Sounds like a goodern. I have to work tomorrow, but I'm going to try and stay up a bit more. Things have been a bit crazy lately. Work, work, work. Thank God I have work!!!:)

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

KingRob
11-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Cuero - 35
Edna - 20

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

KingRob
11-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Edna scores....tries for two...no good..

Cuero - 35
Edna - 26

KingRob
11-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Thibodeoux runs it in....TOUCHDOWN!!

Cuero - 42
Edna - 26

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

KingRob
11-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Edna inside the 10. First and goal. I gotta get up in a few hours. I'm going to bed!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

lbjacj
11-06-2009, 11:04 PM
7:52 left

42-32 cuero

OnceABucJr
11-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Any update?

Mean Green Fan
11-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Cuero 48
Edna 32

FINAL

29-3aFAN
11-07-2009, 12:13 AM
All I can say is WOW to that Kam Jones. He put on a clinic. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

crabman
11-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Kam Jones played a helluva game. Very fast. Very elusive. If he gets a step on you he is gone. Very much like Michael Vick's physical skills.

Overall good game. Cuero got tired in the fourth but kept sticking it in the end zone. If I recall, there was not a single turnover in the game. Somebody wrote something about an interception return for a touchdown but that is not right.

Cuero had better learn to tackle before week two of the playoffs or it will be a short postseason. Too many missed arm tackles.

Edna also found out that our quarterback can run too. Couple of rushing touchdowns for Tyler tonight. Good night for Trent. Stats should be interesting.

The news said that there was 550 yards of total offense in the first half. I believe it.

29-3aFAN
11-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Kam Jones played a helluva game. Very fast. Very elusive. If he gets a step on you he is gone. Very much like Michael Vick's physical skills.

Overall good game. Cuero got tired in the fourth but kept sticking it in the end zone. If I recall, there was not a single turnover in the game. Somebody wrote something about an interception return for a touchdown but that is not right.

Cuero had better learn to tackle before week two of the playoffs or it will be a short postseason. Too many missed arm tackles.

Edna also found out that our quarterback can run too. Couple of rushing touchdowns for Tyler tonight. Good night for Trent. Stats should be interesting.

The news said that there was 550 yards of total offense in the first half. I believe it.
I heard on the radio that they were just shy of 1000 yards all four quarters.

SintonFan
11-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Congratulations on the win Gobblers!
Good luck in the playoffs, unless our district meets your district.:D

44INAROW
11-07-2009, 12:38 AM
1st and foremost - what a great game. Standing room only - Edna had the house packed on their side, as did Cuero and the fences were lined with people, Good, clean ballgame, great atmosphere. I haven't seen Gobbler stadium that full on the visitors side in - heck, I don't ever remember it being that packed! It was a perfect night for a game. I predict Edna to make some noise in the playoffs. The Cowboys are a great team and their QB is the real deal!!!! Good Luck next week - I wish there was some way you'll could play in Cuero (of course on a day we didn't play) I'd love to see that game. Good Luck in the Playoffs Cowboys!

Cuero vs Edna story - KAVU TV (http://www.myvictoriaonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3162:cuero-beats-edna-for-28-3a-title&catid=47:friday-football-fever&Itemid=88 )

CUERO BEATS EDNA FOR 28-3A TITLE
Friday Football Fever
Written by Don Brubaker
The Gobblers win a high scoring, exciting game before a near capacity crowd.

But first, football, and leading off, my trip to the Gobbler Capital of the World.

The Gobblers taking on the Edna Cowboys, winning gets the 28-3A football championship. A near capacity crowd at Gobbler Stadium for this big one. Lots of offense in the first half. First quarter, Gobblers' first drive, Cuero quarterback Tyler Arndt to Monte Green, this will go for 63 yards to the Edna nine. Next play, Trent Jackson will take it in, 8:10 left, first quarter, Gobblers up 7-0. Edna comes back. Quarterback Kam Jones to Colton Clay, did he get it, yes, 34 yard touchdown, 5:26 left first quarter, tied at seven. First play of Edna's next drive, Jones will keep it, and look out, down the Cuero sideline, the senior will go 72 yards for the touchdown. Extra point was missed, Cowboys up 13-7, and the packed Edna side erupts. Gobblers fight back. Fourth and four at the Edna 31, Arndt to Tanner Hoffman, picks up 22 to the Cowboys' nine. Next play, Jackson will get his second touchdown of the game, Cuero up 14-13 after a quarter. More offense in the second, Arndt, up the middle, and see ya later. 48 yard six-pointer, Cuero goes up 21-13. Time for the packed Cuero side of the stadium to go nuts, and look at Mean Green Herb, banging the kettle, he wants more scoring. There would be, but it would next come from the Cowboys. Jones to Clay, their second td hookup, 28 yards worth, the Gobblers' lead cut to one, 21-20. The Mean Green gets the next big gainer. Andrew Thibodeaux, 55 yards worth to the Edna 11. That would set up Arndt's five yard scoring pass to Hoffman. 28-20 Cuero at halftime, the two teams combined for over 550 yards total offense in the first half.
Cuero beat Edna 48-32, the Gobblers won the 28-3A championship, they go into the playoffs in Division One with a 10-0 record. The Cowboys finished the regular season 7-2, they will go into the Division Two playoffs reportedly facing Luling in Bi-District.

IHStangFan
11-07-2009, 12:45 AM
HELL yeah!! Way to go Gobblers!!

Old Green
11-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Almost 1000 yards of offense between the 2 teams.

rhp85
11-07-2009, 01:25 AM
What a great game to be at and see what Friday Night Lights is all about. Both teams played a good ball game but it appeared Edna's starting center got hurt pretty bad after seeing him going out on a gator after the game. It looked like a knee and that would be a big loss for them in the playoffs if it is as serious as appeared from the sidelines. Hated to see anyone get hurt tonight but both teams left it on the field and the 2 QB's lived up to the pre game hype. Great game by both teams and good luck to both in the playoffs

44INAROW
11-07-2009, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by rhp85
What a great game to be at and see what Friday Night Lights is all about. Both teams played a good ball game but it appeared Edna's starting center got hurt pretty bad after seeing him going out on a gator after the game. It looked like a knee and that would be a big loss for them in the playoffs if it is as serious as appeared from the sidelines. Hated to see anyone get hurt tonight but both teams left it on the field and the 2 QB's lived up to the pre game hype. Great game by both teams and good luck to both in the playoffs
dang, hate to hear about the center, I had no idea he got hurt. Did that have something to do with the 2 "high snaps" right efore your last TD? Hope him being carted off was just a precaution and he's back Friday.. I wish you guys well in the playoffs. - you have a great team. I thought the game was clean, no cheap shots (that I saw) I am not a "band person" per se - but having both bands get together on the field and play together, along with the flag team and drill teams - that was pretty neat and it seemed both sets of fans enjoyed the halftime show! It was nice to see the players hugging (some of them) and shaking hands after the game. It was an intense game, no doubt. Good Luck to the Cowboys! I think D28 will be well represented in Div 2 (and Div 1) :)

Old Green
11-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Great Game by the Cowboys and Gobblers before a packed house. The Cowboys are the real deal. Kam Jones was simply amazing last night.
Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. District 28 3A will do well. Hate to hear about the Center and pray that it's not serious.

XtremeCouture
11-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Sorry. I'll never trust a gallaway update again

Mean Green Fan
11-07-2009, 10:23 AM
GOBBLED UP
Tyler Ardnt wins quarterback battle against Edna's Kam Jones

BY MIKE FORMAN - MFORMAN@VICAD.COMOriginally published November 7, 2009 at 1:12 a.m., updated November 7, 2009 at 1:20 a.m.
CUERO - Cuero's Tyler Arndt and Edna's Kam Jones fired back-and-forth at each other at Gobbler Stadium, but Arndt had more bullets.

Arndt got some very valuable help from his friends as Cuero captured a 48-32 win in a shootout for the District 28-3A title before a standing-room only crowd on Friday night.

"We won the district title and we're still on top of District 28-3A," said Arndt, who led Cuero to its 33rd straight district and home win in his final game at Gobbler Stadium. "It feels good to go out like this. We had a good game and all of us just contributed."

Cuero needed contributions from a number of sources to hold off Jones and the Cowboys. Edna was playing without running back Ervin Yates, but Jones more than made up for the loss.

The senior quarterback carried 16 times for 217 yards and two touchdowns, and completed 20 of his 30 passes for 216 yards and three touchdowns.

"It was real fun going back and forth," Jones said. "The defenses were clicking the offenses were clicking. I knew they were going to key on me. I had to carry the load a little bit extra. It was just a hard-fought game, but a loss is a loss."

Cuero (10-0, 5-0) finished the regular season unbeaten for the 18th time in school history and won its eighth consecutive district title. The Gobblers will play San Antonio Sam Houston in the Division I bi-district round next Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Matador Stadium in Seguin.

Edna (7-2, 4-1) lost out on the district title, but still claimed the top seed in the Division II playoffs. The Cowboys will play Luling in the bi-district round next Friday at 7:30 p.m. at New Braunfels Canyon.

Arndt carried three times for 54 yards and two touchdowns, and completed 11 of his 19 passes for 162 yards and two touchdowns.

But Cuero had other weapons, including Trent Jackson, who rushed 27 times for 188 yards and two touchdowns, Andrew Thibodeaux, who carried nine times for 104 yards and one touchdown and caught a touchdown pass, and Tanner Hoffman, who had three key catches and one touchdown reception.

"They're not the third-ranked team in 3A for nothing," Edna coach Mike Pierce said. "They can score anywhere, anytime on the football field offensively."

Jones helped Edna get in the end zone with touchdown runs of 72 and 7 yards, and touchdown passes of 33 and 28 yards to Colten Clay and 18 yards to Deion Barnes.

"He had a great game throwing and running," Pierce said. "He took it upon his shoulders. We were kind of hurt by not having Ervin, but the other runners stepped up and did a good job."

Jones was so elusive that his final touchdown run came after the snap sailed over his head, but he picked the ball up and worked his way through a number of Cuero defenders into the end zone.

"The most dangerous thing in football is the snap over the head," Cuero coach Mark Reeve joked. "I think the first time was an accident and I think the second time was on purpose.

"I wish their tailback would have been well and he wouldn't have carried so much," Reeve continued. "He's a stud. I mean give them credit. We stunted three times and gave up three touchdowns."

Cuero responded to each threat and never allowed Edna to get within one score after Arndt's 6-yard touchdown run in the third quarter.

"We came out the second half and took control and kept it going and didn't let up," Arndt said. "I just think Trent and Andrew and me being balanced on offense helps out a lot."

12thMan
11-07-2009, 11:32 AM
This was a great game to watch. Kam took the Cowboys on his back and led the offense like great players do. Tyler,Logan, and the other seniors led Cuero to to a great win vs a great team.

I was impressed with Cuero's o-line. They were blowing ednas d-line back. Also, Tyler wasn't sacked all game.

Trent does what Trent always does, that's run through people. You can't arm tackle Trent, you have to gang tackle him. I think they were keying on Trent so much they forgot about Andrew and Tyler.

Speaking of arm tackling, our defense was doing that all game. I would love to see some good solid tackling the next game.

One more thing, Tanner did a great job kicking extra points all night. I know be missed 1, but that was at the end of the game. When Cuero went for it on 4th and goal from the 5, I wished we would have sent Tanner to kick the FG, he would have nailed it. But overall, good special teams play by the Gobblers.

1stnurseryman
11-07-2009, 12:08 PM
I may be wrong but i really dont like the quate that our quarter back beat their's. Just thought they are two diffrent type of QB's and both are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12thMan
11-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Yea, Kam played a great game and Tyler had a little more support from the running game. Tyler is still the better QB, but Kam is one hell of a athlete.

1stnurseryman
11-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Paper was still wrong to say what they did. Never said Tyler wasn't better, however every one always wants to throw out stats and there is no arguement on who won that battle. Just think both young men played an excellent game.

12thMan
11-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Stats, yes Kam had the better numbers, but Tyler led his team to victory, with a lot of help from the running game. I don't see anything wrong with the paper. Coming into the game, that was the headline. The top two QB's in the district playing for the district title.

It was a total team effort though by the Gobblers to win this one, if that's what your getting at.

On paper, Kam won that battle. That's what so good about our offense, you can't just key on one player.

Blue42
11-07-2009, 03:47 PM
A balanced offense like Cuero is hard to stop.

12thMan
11-07-2009, 04:06 PM
It was good to see Edna bring so many fans with them. They were pumped!! No disrespect to the Cuero fans, but they were way louder than us. I can't believe we can't even stand up and yell defense once in while with the Yell Team and Spencer. This was one of the biggest games in Gobbler Stadium and we were too quiet. I said this two weeks ago, we expect the players to play 110% for us, we need to get on our feet and support them.

If you can't yell, bring some noise makers while the defense is out on the field. Let's show some Gobbler Spirit.

44INAROW
11-07-2009, 04:10 PM
speaking of Spencer - I sure hope someone got a picture of him "directing" the bands......... That was great!

12thMan
11-07-2009, 04:14 PM
That was too funny!! I think the cuero photographer got a few pics.

Cowboy_Up
11-07-2009, 04:58 PM
The Gobbler offense was outstanding. In fact both offenses were pretty good. Only 1 false start each, no delay penalties; it's nice to watch a game managed by too excellent, senior QBs.

The difference was Cuero made a few more stops. The Cuero D wasn't bad, as two of the Edna TD passes were perfect throws. They probably could have tackled a little better on the short pass that #3 for Edna ran in. I wouldn't get on them too much for missing tackles on Kam, he's fast, quick, strong and refuses to go down sometimes.

Cuero had more weapons and was sharper, but both O-lines played well as Arndt and Kam had plenty of time to do their thing. Cuero had a very good running game and Edna did not and that hurt us. We scored 5 touchdowns, but there were times when we needed to work the clock to give our D a blow. That's hard to do with no power running game.

Quite simply, Cuero was the better team and I congratulate them and hope they do well in the playoffs. If their O plays as sharp as they did last night, they will go very deep.

It's been said already, but I have to mention Kam Jones. One of the reasons Kam is so admired in Edna is because the bigger the game the better he plays. He doesn't really run up the stats when we're playing Van Vleck or Palacios, but put him in a big game and he rises to the occasion. That was a very good team we played last night and he hit passes both short and deep with touch and accuracy and ran with great purpose. I don't know where he will play on Sat. but I know there's a college out there where he'll be a great fit.

12thMan
11-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I hope TCU gets him. Good luck in the playoffs. After last night, theirs no doubt yall can be playing on Thanksgiving weekend.

What happened to the player that was carted off the field at the end of the game?

Green Bling
11-07-2009, 07:32 PM
This game was about as good as it gets Friday Night Footballwise. Lots of tailgating going on and fans of both teams seemed to really be enjoying themselves. Lots of special moments throughout the night. Love to see teams respect each other as was evident last night. 28-3A will be well represented in both divisions. Good luck to the Cowboys and GO MEAN GREEN!!

Gobbla2001
11-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
But the idea that now you turn it on now you don't is absurd.

....11-3

---

He doesn't really run up the stats when we're playing Van Vleck or Palacios, but put him in a big game and he rises to the occasion.

....11-7

Too easy ha...

Congrats, Edna... Good Luck in the playoffs... I'll be pulling for y'all...

gobbler grad
11-08-2009, 08:32 PM
hadn't ever seen both bands ever play and march together during halftime...made it a little more interesting...:clap: they were having lots of fun too...

1st time in years i actually watched the bands at halftime...

Gobbla2001
11-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
hadn't ever seen both bands ever play and march together during halftime...made it a little more interesting...:clap: they were having lots of fun too...

1st time in years i actually watched the bands at halftime...

they walked TOGETHER?

reminds me of that time I went and saw a 4A game last year... in the 4th qt of a VERRRRRY close, tense rivalry game, while the offense was breaking the huddle I looked over to the clock to see how much time was left... in the corner of my eye I saw members of the two bands playing duck-duck-goose...

Cowboy_Up
11-08-2009, 08:40 PM
[i]
Congrats, Edna... Good Luck in the playoffs... I'll be pulling for y'all... [/B]

Not sure of your point, but my sense is your trying to rub my nose in it a bit...if that makes you happy have at it.
Your gobblers played mistake free football on O and I don't think they waited until week 10 to try and do so.

Don't root for us, we don't need your help.

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Not sure of your point, but my sense is your trying to rub my nose in it a bit...if that makes you happy have at it.
Your gobblers played mistake free football on O and I don't think they waited until week 10 to try and do so.

Don't root for us, we don't need your help. Like I said before.....when you talk as much garbage as you did and crawl all over everyone that even HINTED at Cuero being favored.....you get what you have coming your way.....i.e. LOTS of crow to eat. If you can't take the "told ya so's"...don't go out of your way to question people's picks openly the entire week before the game.

I'm just sayin....

Gobbla2001
11-08-2009, 08:48 PM

Don't root for us, we don't need your help.

no... I'm not rubbing your nose in anything about the game... I said Edna would be a tough SOB and I was right... you said Cuero would be a tough SOB and you were right... mentioned nothing about the game and its outcome... I didn't even vote because honestly I didn't know... I saw what I expected, and had the outcome been reversed, I would have seen what I expected (I can't be wrong)...

You just seemed pretty steady in your belief that teams/players couldn't "turn it on" = "step it up" = "play harder"... your latest comment seemed to contradict that belief... I found that odd since you seem like a pretty straight-up guy (and I mean straight up, are you the realllllly tall Edna fan?)...

And I'm still pulling for Edna, dammit... I've gotta live around here and as long as the Cobras and Cowboys are happy, I'm happy, cuz that makes for happy neighbors :D

Cowboy_Up
11-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
no... I'm not rubbing your nose in anything about the game... I said Edna would be a tough SOB and I was right... you said Cuero would be a tough SOB and you were right... mentioned nothing about the game and its outcome... I didn't even vote because honestly I didn't know... I saw what I expected, and had the outcome been reversed, I would have seen what I expected (I can't be wrong)...

You just seemed pretty steady in your belief that teams/players couldn't "turn it on" = "step it up" = "play harder"... your latest comment seemed to contradict that belief... I found that odd since you seem like a pretty straight-up guy (and I mean straight up, are you the realllllly tall Edna fan?)...

And I'm still pulling for Edna, dammit... I've gotta live around here and as long as the Cobras and Cowboys are happy, I'm happy, cuz that makes for happy neighbors :D

OK, I got ya. I still believe that the worst thing a good team can do is think they can turn it on and off.
But, Kam turned it on and so did your Offense. They played perfect. Blocked well, threw well, ran hard, and never even the hint of a turnover. I appreciate great execution and you guys had it. Congrats.

Gobbla2001
11-08-2009, 09:04 PM
OK, I got ya. I still believe that the worst thing a good team can do is think they can turn it on and off.
But, Kam turned it on and so did your Offense. They played perfect. Blocked well, threw well, ran hard, and never even the hint of a turnover. I appreciate great execution and you guys had it. Congrats.

Jones is something else, that kid has got 'it'...

but back to the most important part... are you the reaaaalllllly tall/loud Edna fan?

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 09:05 PM
But, Kam turned it on and so did your Offense. They played perfect. Blocked well, threw well, ran hard, and never even the hint of a turnover. I appreciate great execution and you guys had it. Congrats. When I origionally made the "turn it up a notch" comment...I wasn't referring to a conscious "flipping of the switch"...but more that, the Gobblers COULD feasibly get complacent in district play....and that they would be amped up for the Edna game as they knew that Edna would be a threat. Teams do this all the time......get up for a game that they suspect might be a tough one....especially when it's for the district champ. Some people refer to it as "peaking at the right time"...etc. So please....stop w/ that already, LOL. You have completely blown the comment out of context.

I will admit, that Edna played the Gobblers tougher than I personally thought they would....congrats on that, and good luck in the playoffs. You guys will do well. :clap:

Gobbla2001
11-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

I will admit, that Edna played the Gobblers tougher than I personally thought they would....congrats on that, and good luck in the playoffs. You guys will do well. :clap:

man they're something else... when they get the right coaching lined up with what is always some good talent you gotta watch the hell out... they have that speed/cornfed mix going well there... usually always do...

12thMan
11-08-2009, 09:12 PM
How's the center from Edna. Did he get hurt?

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
man they're something else... when they get the right coaching lined up with what is always some good talent you gotta watch the hell out... they have that speed/cornfed mix going well there... usually always do... I had a good buddy some years ago that played in Edna. I always wish them well.....but I like me some Gobblers!! If the 1st round goes how I think it will......(much to my dismay)....I'll be at the Sealy/Cuero game w/ my Gobblers shirt on!! (Thanks again for the shirt 44!!)

rhp85
11-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I think he is out this week no matter what but not sure of the injury just yet. It was told to me it was an ACL injury and will find out on Monday what the deal is. This kid left it all on the field and will be a big blow to the OL.

44INAROW
11-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
How's the center from Edna. Did he get hurt?

I heard through the grapevine that he went to the doctor on Saturday and they'll find out early in the week his prognosis.. I hope and pray he's OK to play! If I hear anything, I'll update.

Originally posted by IHStangFan
my Gobblers shirt (Thanks again for the shirt 44!!)

you are most welcome.. I still have Jay's shirt you sent me and if I ever get the chance to see a Jay's game, I'll wear it :) (well unless it's next week but don't wanna get to far ahead lol)

12thMan
11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I'll be praying for the young man. After a game like that, you hate to see anyone hurt. I felt for him as he was carted off at the end of the game.

Edna will do well in the playoffs.

statewide
11-09-2009, 08:18 AM
seems like Cuero has had a lot of close games this year.

Ruserious
11-09-2009, 09:42 AM
What a game, I agree with most on here and will add to those that the coaching on both sides was awesome and that was the best called game overall I have seen this season. We Edna fans can be tough on some refs at times when things seem to be getting out of hand! The air show our offense put on was truely outstanding, a great team effort led by a great QB.Congrats to the Gobblers on the win and good luck in the playoffs. On a personal note Good Luck with your recovery Ryan (# 55), you played another fine game!

44INAROW
11-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by statewide
seems like Cuero has had a lot of close games this year.

Beeville 34 - 10
Rio Hondo 47 - 7 (Playoff team)
Devine 33 - 8 (playoff team)
Bay City 38 - 10
La Vernia 41 -16 (playoff team)

Yoakum 26-23 (that's close alright) (playoff team)
Palacios 47-17
Goliad 42-14
Gonzales 68-13
Edna 48-32 (great game) (playoff team)

yea, we had alot of close games this year :)
all that above is out the window - there is a new season beginning and work to be done.. Good Luck Gobblers :)

statewide
11-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Just from reading a lot of the posts on here from Cuero I thought there had been more close games than that. Good luck in the playoffs.