PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Vs. Yoemen + D24 Updates

Yoe_09
11-06-2009, 03:14 PM
I will be bringing drive by drive updates of the game via twitter- www.twitter.com/Yoe_09

The game can also be heard on am 1330 or online at www.ktae.net

There is also two other pretty big games in D24 tonight between Navasota & Madisonville and Rockdale & Taylor.

I think the Rockdale-Taylor game can be heard on KRXT FM 98.5 or online at http://www.krxt.com/

I also think the the Navasota-Madisonville be can heard somewhere as well?

Yoe_09
11-06-2009, 06:28 PM
www.Navasotanews.com for the Navasota vs. Madisonville game.

yoe64
11-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Caldwell goes up early 7-0

yoe64
11-06-2009, 09:23 PM
tied at 14 in Cameron

Rockdale up 14-7 against Taylor

Madisonville 10
Navasota 7

sicem74
11-06-2009, 10:30 PM
td yoe 21-21

tigerfan09
11-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Good job this season Yoemen. Let's get back to the playoffs in 2010.

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Navasota 21
Madisonville 16

Final

tigerfan09
11-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Final from Yoe Stadium in Cameron

Caldwell - 35
Cameron Yoe - 28

Freeman not playing tonight very well could have made a difference. It's rare that the Yoemen don't make the playoffs. The last time that the Yoemen didn't make the playoffs two years in a row was back in 1994 and 1995 during the Todd Dodge debacle. It was a rebuilding year, so hopefully, Cameron will get back to its winning ways next year, and get back in the playoffs.

yoe64
11-06-2009, 11:07 PM
first time the yoe have missed the playoffs 2 years in a row since the 70's i believe...don't hold me to that though.

yoe64
11-06-2009, 11:12 PM
nevermind, my bad it's been since 94 and 95.

The Todd Dodge years..

King_LeYoeNidas
11-06-2009, 11:26 PM
So many things that could've gone the other way for Cameron in this game but alas...was not to be. It's hard to gauge Caldwell because the ball went to the same guy over and over and over w/ little variation. I mean, if that kid gets shut down, Caldwell will have problems. Regardless, it looks like the teams that were "supposed to win" won and will hopefully will represent the district well. Heads high to the Yoemen though. The future looks very, very bright for them be it 2A or 3A though I'd much rather them stay home in 3A.

Congrats again to Rockdale, Navasota & Caldwell. :clap:

cameron91
11-06-2009, 11:59 PM
when you can feed a running back 38 times for 200 plus yards. how can you not gauge a team:doh:

that called old school smashed mouth football..something these young kids don't know anything about these days.

once again , congrats to the snakes, tiger and killer beez...

rep d-24 like some O'G's..I have every friday off for the rest of the year so I hope I can make it to some of these games..

CHS_CG
11-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Way to go Hornets! You played hard and showed D24 what we were made of! Very proud of the guys! Now don't lose this focus with a week off!

Cameron- I must admit you guys gave me a scare a few times! You guys did good and my hats off to ya! I hope #5 (I believe) is ok... know I saw him get taken out in an AMBO. Prayers from Caldwell!

Yoe_09
11-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
So many things that could've gone the other way for Cameron in this game but alas...was not to be. It's hard to gauge Caldwell because the ball went to the same guy over and over and over w/ little variation. I mean, if that kid gets shut down, Caldwell will have problems. Regardless, it looks like the teams that were "supposed to win" won and will hopefully will represent the district well. Heads high to the Yoemen though. The future looks very, very bright for them be it 2A or 3A though I'd much rather them stay home in 3A.

Congrats again to Rockdale, Navasota & Caldwell. :clap:

This was a great, hardfought game bewtween both teams. In the end Caldwell came up with the strip on the kickoff that won it. I wish we could have seen what would have happened on that drive, but that in the past. In the end the Yoemen miss the playoffs for 2 years in a row( first since we had Todd Dodge....) and should not be 3. I am looking for the Yoe to have a pretty good year next year wether it be in 3a or 2a. Good luck to Rockdale, Navasota, and Caldwell in the playoffs.

ProudHornetMom
11-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm worried about Wells. I met him and his family last spring at a combine. His injury happened right in front of us and we could see his arm. It wasn't good and he was in much pain. I can't imagine why they didn't immobilize it while he was on the field....and not have him walk across the field with his arm dangling and swinging awkwardly. He ended up going out on a stretcher and by ambulance. I'd be worried about nerve damage.
Please keep us posted on him and the other young man that was injured.

As far as using the same running back over and over. 1. He is very good. 2. He isn't afraid of anything. 3. It was successful over and over again. 4. We have 3 other strong running backs at see action as well.

A poster whom will be left nameless but we all know who it is...hated that I would compliment our opponents. Y'all know I can clip when needed but it's not needed. Last night was an exciting game between two rivals. I want all to know that if the season started now for Cameron...all would be in trouble.

I have renewed respect for the oYe and that doesn't come easy for any Caldwell fan. Cameron played tough football...which they always do...but it was clean football not dependent on cheap shots, excessive trash talk, etc. Taylor needs to take lessons from y'all. Whatever your new coach has done, I think it's working. Whatever your team has done to play together as a team, it's working. Whatever y'all are doing for self discipline and team discipline is working. Your defense is strong....very strong. And then there's your speed. For the first time in a long time, it didn't seem like rogue players, it was a team...a formidable team.

Our Hornets did well and we're very proud of them. They came through once again last night and I'm thankful to have this game behind us. It's fun to put a W beside this game...and a sigh of relief.

The Hornets, Rattlers and Tigers will do well in playoffs and represent the district well. And I'm telling you, all had better prepare for Cameron next year.

Yoe_09
11-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
I'm worried about Wells. I met him and his family last spring at a combine. His injury happened right in front of us and we could see his arm. It wasn't good and he was in much pain. I can't imagine why they didn't immobilize it while he was on the field....and not have him walk across the field with his arm dangling and swinging awkwardly. He ended up going out on a stretcher and by ambulance. I'd be worried about nerve damage.
Please keep us posted on him and the other young man that was injured.

As far as using the same running back over and over. 1. He is very good. 2. He isn't afraid of anything. 3. It was successful over and over again. 4. We have 3 other strong running backs at see action as well.

A poster whom will be left nameless but we all know who it is...hated that I would compliment our opponents. Y'all know I can clip when needed but it's not needed. Last night was an exciting game between two rivals. I want all to know that if the season started now for Cameron...all would be in trouble.

I have renewed respect for the oYe and that doesn't come easy for any Caldwell fan. Cameron played tough football...which they always do...but it was clean football not dependent on cheap shots, excessive trash talk, etc. Taylor needs to take lessons from y'all. Whatever your new coach has done, I think it's working. Whatever your team has done to play together as a team, it's working. Whatever y'all are doing for self discipline and team discipline is working. Your defense is strong....very strong. And then there's your speed. For the first time in a long time, it didn't seem like rogue players, it was a team...a formidable team.

Our Hornets did well and we're very proud of them. They came through once again last night and I'm thankful to have this game behind us. It's fun to put a W beside this game...and a sigh of relief.

The Hornets, Rattlers and Tigers will do well in playoffs and represent the district well. And I'm telling you, all had better prepare for Cameron next year.

I dont think there is no doubt that the defense is not where the head coach would like it at all this year. If was a whole lot better than last year, but there is stille work to do. I think next year the defense will improve dramatically and the offense should not lose any of its scoring potential.