PDA

View Full Version : District 16-AAA

Powwow
11-06-2009, 09:18 AM
How do you guys think that it's going to turn out. It's as clear as mud right now and I barely understand the tiebraker scenerio. Pitt is already in regardless, what does LE and PG have to do to get in or how bad does it have to be for both of them not to get in. :confused: :confused:

LE Dad
11-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Powwow
How do you guys think that it's going to turn out. It's as clear as mud right now and I barely understand the tiebraker scenerio. Pitt is already in regardless, what does LE and PG have to do to get in or how bad does it have to be for both of them not to get in. :confused: :confused: 1. No way both LE and PG don't make it.
2. PG win and LE win - Pitt LE and PG all finish 4-1 and tie for district title.

3. New Boston win PG win LE is out.

4. New Boston win by 18 three way tie for second decided by coin flip between LE, PG, and NB

LAST and most likely- PG loss, New Boston loss, or PG loss and LE loss by less than 18. Pitt, LE, PG all in.

LE Dad
11-06-2009, 10:01 AM
I read that New Boston is claiming to be at 100%, but a pretty reliable source told me that they are still pretty hobbled. They also took a hit with grades. I saw the JV game last night and it appeared that they had a lot of Frosh playing. They were unable to field a Freshman team. I saw them scrimmage Gilmer and they do have a few weapons, but I feel overall LE just has too many weapons for the Lions. I see this being similar to Atlanta last week with the potential for the Leopards to produce another shutout.

:D

Powwow
11-06-2009, 10:55 AM
I was at the JV game too and thought that it would be a much better contest. If it is anything like the ATL game last week we should win, but the Leps better be ready for anything. They need to play it like a playoff game because it pretty much is. If they played mistake free last week they could and should have beaten ATL by 40. I have a feeling they know that and will play well tonight.

Powwow
11-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Who would we play in the 2nd round? How tough would it be for us to have a good run in the playoffs? Do you think that PG has a chance at Pitt? I think that we were mudding too long and Pitt caught us at a slow moment, but they are very good this year.

LE Dad
11-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Who would we play in the 2nd round? How tough would it be for us to have a good run in the playoffs? Do you think that PG has a chance at Pitt? I think that we were mudding too long and Pitt caught us at a slow moment, but they are very good this year. LE will face either Lucas Lovejoy or Wills Point. They play next Friday at Greenville. LE should do well against either team. Pitt or PG that is a tough one. Normally I would say Pitt has nothing to play for and go with PG, but I think Pitt wants the undisputed district title. If that is the case PG just doesn't have enough size or speed to hang with them.
LE came into Pitt game with a poor offensive game plan. I believe that the coaches saw something on film and tried to exploit it. Unfortunatley the team was inconsistent and LE did not switch to a more open formation. The pass was there early, but we never seized the chance. I think if we played again the score would be closer, but I think Pitt would prevail. Pitt has a solid team and if they can do what they did to us for 5 weeks they will bring back a trophy to Pitt.

PG I think will get knocked out by Argyle and I think Argyle will get knocked out by Pitt, although you have to consider Celina in the mix.

Powwow
11-06-2009, 01:48 PM
If Pitt loses and we beat New Boston it would be a three way tie for the district champioship, am I right? If so, is there a coin flip for that?

LE Dad
11-06-2009, 01:56 PM
If Pitt loses and we beat New Boston it would be a three way tie for the district champioship, am I right? If so, is there a coin flip for that? I don't believe so. LE would go as D1 and points should decide the placement of the 2 D2s. That is what I would like to see happen. Main thing is we need to take care of business tonight. I don't want to count on anyone else. :clap: :clap:

Powwow
11-06-2009, 02:39 PM
That's the truth. Their destiny is in their own hands.:iagree:

LE Dad
11-06-2009, 02:51 PM
That's the truth. Their destiny is in their own hands.:iagree: If LE makes it the region is wide open. Prosper will be a test. 4 wins is all it takes