PDA

View Full Version : I take offense

lange4
11-06-2009, 12:03 AM
I take offense to what Wimbo- Pro said about Llano's coaching staff. Does he have any idea about the injuries or other situations involving our team. He seams to think that he knows the best offense we should have installed back in Aug. Does he know the athletic ability of our players, the depth of our talent. I think not. He should worry about his own team. I will leave it at that.

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by lange4
I take offense to what Wimbo- Pro said about Llano's coaching staff. Does he have any idea about the injuries or other situations involving our team. He seams to think that he knows the best offense we should have installed back in Aug. Does he know the athletic ability of our players, the depth of our talent. I think not. He should worry about his own team. I will leave it at that.

Eat that Wimbo-pro blewwwwwww:taunt:

I think someone is being a tad sensitive.

DaHop72
11-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by lange4
I take offense to what Wimbo- Pro said about Llano's coaching staff. Does he have any idea about the injuries or other situations involving our team. He seams to think that he knows the best offense we should have installed back in Aug. Does he know the athletic ability of our players, the depth of our talent. I think not. He should worry about his own team. I will leave it at that. Yeah, SHUT UP WIMPY!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

BILLYFRED0000
11-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I did not hear that from Wimbo...

I just heard blah blah...blahblah blah blah blah....

wimbo_pro
11-06-2009, 10:14 AM
LOL@BillyFreddoo...lolol

Yes Lange4...a tad bit sensative for sure. It's an observation made from the one game I saw here in Wimberley. I stand by it, but i can assure you that it wasnt meant as a slam, just an observation.

You shouldnt take things so personal here on this board. I am sure the coaches are good people, I just think they have done your kids a disservice with their decisions this year. Nothing about their character...just their game plan.

Daddy D 11
11-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
The stark truth is...Llano just doesnt have the talent this year. As I said in an earlier post, they have the talent to run a decent offense based on the pass, but they didnt build around this type offense. They based it on the run, and they dont have the talent (this year) to make it successful.

Lange, if you are talking about this post right here you need to get a freaking grip.

Wimbo-Pro is hands down one of the most classy men or women on the board. That's not a slam on anyone, it's just his opinion and to be quite honest it's an accurate one.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Lange, if you are talking about this post right here you need to get a freaking grip.

Wimbo-Pro is hands down one of the most classy men or women on the board. That's not a slam on anyone, it's just his opinion and to be quite honest it's an accurate one.

Thanks DaddyD11, but i think he refers to last Friday nights post where i said the coaches of Llano were to blame for their losses.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Daddy D 11...Here is the post from last Friday night.....

"
Llano coaches...what the heck are you doing? You dont have the size, the speed, the quickness nor the depth to run that offense. What you DO have is a very accurate QB with a strong arm, and a couple of receivers who caught the few passes thrown with acrobatic skill. Sure, they dropped a few, but when you dont pass enough, thats going to happen. If you would have passed more and earlier, this game would have been different. Bad offensive game plan. A decision you made in August has cost you this game (and i bet many others).

Just because thats the offense you always run doesnt mean its the smart offense for your talent pool. Poor coaching, i say."

Daddy D 11
11-06-2009, 10:59 AM

"
Llano coaches...what the heck are you doing? You dont have the size, the speed, the quickness nor the depth to run that offense. What you DO have is a very accurate QB with a strong arm, and a couple of receivers who caught the few passes thrown with acrobatic skill. Sure, they dropped a few, but when you dont pass enough, thats going to happen. If you would have passed more and earlier, this game would have been different. Bad offensive game plan. A decision you made in August has cost you this game (and i bet many others).

Just because thats the offense you always run doesnt mean its the smart offense for your talent pool. Poor coaching, i say."

GOTCHA. That isn't bad at all.

I LOVE the Slot-T, man oh man do I. But after seeing the first two scrimmages I definitely wanted to see the coaches implement maybe a more balanced attack with some I and single back formations just so that we can become a little more balanced and help the weak O-line out. Looks like Llano needed that too.

wtman
11-06-2009, 11:07 AM
What Lange doesn't understand is that during years when Wimbo's bunch has a smaller bunch of cedar-choppers, they only cut down the little cedar trees, but when they have big cedar-choppers, they cut down the bigger cedar trees. That way they utilize the type of kids they have. This is what good coaching is all about. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings, he wasn't trying to demean anyone, he was just trying to help.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2009, 11:08 AM
GOTCHA. That isn't bad at all.

I LOVE the Slot-T, man oh man do I. But after seeing the first two scrimmages I definitely wanted to see the coaches implement maybe a more balanced attack with some I and single back formations just so that we can become a little more balanced and help the weak O-line out. Looks like Llano needed that too.

I agree DaddyD11. Add to it, Llano's QB has some talent! Very strong arm, accurate (at least it was Friday night), and some very good receivers. The blocking on the pass wasnt too bad, but sufficient. And against our defense, they could have torn us up early. Once you get desperate with time running out, its obvious that the pass is coming, so the defense is prepared.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by wtman
What Lange doesn't understand is that during years when Wimbo's bunch has a smaller bunch of cedar-choppers, they only cut down the little cedar trees, but when they have big cedar-choppers, they cut down the bigger cedar trees. That way they utilize the type of kids they have. This is what good coaching is all about. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings, he wasn't trying to demean anyone, he was just trying to help.

LOLOL...ummm...yeah, thats what I mean...I think!! LOLOL

Daddy D 11
11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Good Ol' Cedar Choppers:D

wimbo_pro
11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Good Ol' Cedar Choppers:D

We prefer "wood butchers", thank you very much.

TexanAlum_06
11-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I agree with your assessment Wimbo. Llano had great success passing against us and I thought their QB had a very good arm. I think they would do better in a pro-style offense with the type of players they have right now (from what I saw on the field).

sinton66
11-06-2009, 01:12 PM

"

Why would he be offended by that? (Unless he just happens to BE one of those coaches.;) )

wimbo_pro
11-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Why would he be offended by that? (Unless he just happens to BE one of those coaches.;) )

I dunno, Sinton66...I am a bit befuddled by it too.

Daddy D 11
11-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I dunno, Sinton66...I am a bit befuddled by it too.

Don't be LOL forget him.

BILLYFRED0000
11-06-2009, 01:57 PM

"

Like I said. Just blah blah blah. when it walks like a duck it aint a frog ya know...... Gotta coach to your talent. Like My grandpaw always said " Ya can hand a ball to the back but ya can't make him run a 4.2."

wimbo_pro
11-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Like I said. Just blah blah blah. when it walks like a duck it aint a frog ya know...... Gotta coach to your talent. Like My grandpaw always said " Ya can hand a ball to the back but ya can't make him run a 4.2."

Good quote to remember! lol

Daddy D 11
11-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Gotta coach to your talent."

That's why I like teams like Celina. They mold yearly to whatever they have. Not force their kids into a pre-determined mold.