WTH?:( :eek:

bleacherbum
11-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Thoughts and prayers

Trashman
11-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
WTH?:( :eek:

You go off, fight a war, come home and then you are murdered in what should be one of the safest places on earth? How tragic.:( :( :( Peace be with you my brothers......

jason
11-05-2009, 05:00 PM
12 dead
31 wounded

shooter was shot and killed

2 other soldiers held as suspects

pirate4state
11-05-2009, 05:15 PM
just tragic :(

charlesrixey
11-05-2009, 05:29 PM
all 12 dead and 31 injured were active duty soldiers, at least according to the 3-*** general in command of one of the divisions on the base

sinfan75
11-05-2009, 06:12 PM
The Killer was a major and had a muslim name.:thinking: terrorist?

BullsFan
11-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I just read that one of those killed was a civilian police officer, and 4 of those injured were civilian SWAT team members. What a terrible, terrible thing to happen.

dawg4life
11-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
The Killer was a major and had a muslim name.:thinking: terrorist?

last name was hussein. very possible

BullsFan
11-05-2009, 06:22 PM
He was a major...which means if he was a sleeper agent, he was in it for a long time. This is actually a little frightening.

sinton66
11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by dawg4life
last name was hussein. very possible

According to JAY ROOT and ANNE GEARAN - Associated Press Writers

A law enforcement official identified the shooting suspect as Army Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan. The official said Hasan, believed to be in his late 30s, was killed after opening fire at the base. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case publicly.

The official says investigators are trying to determine if Hasan was his birth name, or if he changed his name and converted to Islam at some point in his life.

turbostud
11-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Poor Killeen, anyone remember the Luby's shooting in 1991?

yoe64
11-05-2009, 07:44 PM
yes

IrishTex
11-05-2009, 11:22 PM
*****UPDATE**********
10:20 PM

Shooter is alive!

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) -- An Army psychiatrist set to be shipped overseas opened fire at the Fort Hood Army post Thursday, authorities said, a rampage that killed 12 people and left 31 wounded in the worst mass shooting ever at a military base in the United States.

The gunman, first said to have been killed, was wounded but alive and in stable condition under military guard, said Lt. Gen. Bob Cone at Fort Hood. "I would say his death is not imminent," Cone said. Col. Ben Danner said the suspect was shot four times and was in critical condition.

Source (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FORT_HOOD_SHOOTING?SITE=TXDAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

Ranger Mom
11-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
*****UPDATE**********

Shooter is alive!

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) -- An Army psychiatrist set to be shipped overseas opened fire at the Fort Hood Army post Thursday, authorities said, a rampage that killed 12 people and left 31 wounded in the worst mass shooting ever at a military base in the United States.

The gunman, first said to have been killed, was wounded but alive and in stable condition under military guard, said Lt. Gen. Bob Cone at Fort Hood. "I would say his death is not imminent," Cone said. Col. Ben Danner said the suspect was shot four times and was in critical condition.

Source (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FORT_HOOD_SHOOTING?SITE=TXDAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

An army psychiatrist??:doh:

lange4
11-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Being a Psychiatrist is really strange in this equation. But I do not want to jump on the terrorist bandwagon to quick. I was in the Military way back 30 years ago. These situations happened then. Granted, not as many killed and deffinatly not as well publisiced. I was coming off work and walked into my dorm to be hit with an eerie silence. I turned around just to be thrown to the floor with guns in my face asking what I was doing there. Found out somebody in the dorm had killed 2 airman and 1 cop in the building I had just walked into it. Some people are just off thier rocker. Hopefully it does not mean terrorist.

SintonFan
11-06-2009, 12:03 AM
God Bless our brave young soldiers!

maroonpirate04
11-06-2009, 12:30 AM
This is sad news, i found out at work a co-worker of mine asked me if i knew where Fort Hood was at, cuz her cousin is stationed out there texted her saying the they were under lock down and told her the sad news:( :(

IHStangFan
11-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
*****UPDATE**********

Shooter is alive!

Source (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FORT_HOOD_SHOOTING?SITE=TXDAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT) I've got several friends at Hood. Spent the day making phone calls and tracking everyone down. They were all fortunate and are safe. Prayers for the less fortunate victims and their families.

So this guy was shot 4 times and is still alive? What caliber do the local police carry? I know the military carries Beretta 9mm.

:doh:

AP Panther Fan
11-06-2009, 10:42 AM
:(

Another disturbing statistic I heard on the news last night...

In the past 6 years, there have been 75 suicides committed on that base.

SintonPirateFan
11-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Another disturbing statistic I heard on the news last night...

In the past 6 years, there have been 75 suicides committed on that base.

when you put it out there like that, it seems high. but there are 52,000 soldiers on ft hood... i think their suicide rate is about the same as other military installations. i'm not trying to make little of it, but it's just a sad fact of the military.