PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood-Graham XP video

DaHop72
11-05-2009, 02:54 PM
See, I knew that with two quality programs like these there had to be end zone video out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w814OVQeFg

Daddy D 11
11-05-2009, 02:56 PM
So that's illegal right?

LE Dad
11-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
See, I knew that with two quality programs like these there had to be end zone video out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w814OVQeFg :clap: :clap:

TheDOCTORdre
11-05-2009, 03:03 PM
according to what I see and what I know (which I admit is very limited) thats not against the rules it appears he was trying to shoot the gap

Pendragon13
11-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I can't tell if he put his left hand on the centers back or not...but at least with this angle you can see that he didn't exactly jump over...he just hopped over feet and legs sticking out which is fine.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-05-2009, 03:09 PM
wow great job finding that vid:clap: and to the block.... looks very illegal to me... but i am no expert...

99IHSMustang
11-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
wow great job finding that vid:clap: and to the block.... looks very illegal to me... but i am no expert...

I would have to second that as well. To me it is clear that the defender put his hand on the center and jumped over him.

Pendragon13
11-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
wow great job finding that vid:clap: and to the block.... looks very illegal to me... but i am no expert... Illegal in what way? he didn't appear to jump over anyones back/head..he was in the gap between the center and tackle when he hopped. The only thing that would make that illegal is if he put a hand on teh centers back to help propel himself through...can't really see that in any of the vids.

pirate4state
11-05-2009, 03:19 PM
that looked like a very athletic move

SWAS009
11-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
that looked like a very athletic move

looks like he hits the centers back to me.

TheDOCTORdre
11-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Under NCAA 'hurdling' is defined as:
'an attempt by a player to jump with one or both feet or knees foremost over an opponent who is still on his feet
(Exception: The runner) (Rule 9-1-2-i).
b. “On his feet’’ means that no part of the opponent’s body other than one or both feet is in contact with the ground.
c. Hurdling an offensive player before the snap is a dead-ball foul. This includes offensive players in a three- or four-point stance.

Trashman
11-05-2009, 03:55 PM
just because he touches the centers back does not make it illegal. If he uses the touch to propel him through or over the line that is what would make it illegal. Any of you game official's want to correct me be my guest.:D

Rocket
11-05-2009, 04:15 PM
It was legal because the refs didn't call a penalty. End of discussion. Brownwood wins.

ccmom
11-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
just because he touches the centers back does not make it illegal. If he uses the touch to propel him through or over the line that is what would make it illegal. Any of you game official's want to correct me be my guest.:D

Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Here is what the 2008 rules state about leaping.

9.1.2(n)
No defensive player, in an attempt to gain an advantage, may step, jump
or stand on an opponent. No defensive player who runs forward from
beyond the neutral zone and leaps from beyond the neutral zone in an
obvious attempt to block a field goal or try may land on any player(s).
It is not a foul if the leaping player was aligned in a stationary position
within one yard of the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped.

Ranger Mom
11-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Illegal in what way? he didn't appear to jump over anyones back/head..he was in the gap between the center and tackle when he hopped. The only thing that would make that illegal is if he put a hand on teh centers back to help propel himself through...can't really see that in any of the vids.

This was my first time to see the video...after reading eleventy-three posts about it....and I agree with you.

He looked like he was trying to shoot through the gap...it almost looks like the center comes up underneath him and kinda propels him on through!!!!

Mom has spoken!!!!:p

ccmom
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Mom has spoken!!!!:p

End of discussion :D

Trashman
11-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This was my first time to see the video...after reading eleventy-three posts about it....and I agree with you.

He looked like he was trying to shoot through the gap...it almost looks like the center comes up underneath him and kinda propels him on through!!!!

Mom has spoken!!!!:p :clap: :clap: :clap:

grmfan93
11-05-2009, 05:47 PM
In my opinion i think he did "hurdle" the center. Maybe not enought for the refs to think they needed to call it. But the game is over and what we cant do anything about it...

Daddy D 11
11-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
It was legal because the refs didn't call a penalty. End of discussion. Brownwood wins.

:clap:

95mustang
11-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Give me a break. The game is over let it be. Brownwood won, Graham will get there chance again in a few weeks.

Looking4number8
11-05-2009, 07:29 PM
At this time, I would like everybody to appoligze to Brownwood folks that accused us of "making excuses last year". Some of the Graham people are the biggest whiners I have ever seen.

It's only one game, you will be in the playoffs, prove yourself there guys!