11-05-2009, 01:42 PM
District 25
Sealy (4-0) (9-0)
La Grange (3-1) (8-1)
Giddings (3-1) (8-1)
Smithville (1-3) (5-4)
Bellville (1-3) (5-4)
Columbus (0-4) (4-5)

Well here we are in the final week of the regular season and D25 offers one of the best match ups of the season with Sealy traveling to La Grange to try and wrap up a perfect season and gain an undefeated district championship. Meanwhile
Giddings and Bellville draw mop up duty hosting winless Columbus and struggling Smithville.

Bellville v Smithville.
It seems the Tigers have lost much of their momentum as their schedule progressed from Columbus and La Grange to Giddings and Sealy. Now Bellville has a shot to tack on a much needed win to preserve a winning season at 6-4. They will not make the play offs this year but can close out their season on a positive note with a win. We feel that the Brahma spirit and their tenacious D will be too much for the Tigers and Bellville gets the win by 2 or 3 tds.

Columbus @ Giddings
Giddings hosts district 25's winless Cardinals in a game has little impact on the district title race unless the Leps give the Buffs some big time help by beating Sealy. Giddings coasts to victory and their starters get pulled early in this one.

Sealy @ La Grange
La Grange gets a shot at the big game once again in hosting Sealy. The Tigers come in with confidence and a full house of offense and defense to try and take the district championship outright. Can the Leps stop Downey and Miller and put enough points on the board to get the win? They will need plenty for sure. Plenty is what the Leopard offense does and this week they finally get the whole game together. Leps by 12.

District 26
Sweeny (4-0) (7-2)
Brookshire Royal (3-1) (4-5)
Needville (3-1) (6-3)
Wharton (2-2) (2-6)
Stafford (0-4) (5-4)
West Columbia (0-4) (1-7)

West Columbia @ Stafford
This game will be about respect. Neither team wants to finish last in district. W.C. should have the better athlete's in this tilt with Stafford. Stafford who started the year 5-0 hit a wall when district started and is hoping to get back in the winning column.
West Columbia by 7

Needville @ Brookshire Royal
With both teams already in the playoffs the only thing on the line is second in district. Needville will try to control the clock. Brookshire will counter with speed and the capability to score quick and often.
Brookshire Royal by 21

Sweeny @Wharton
Sweeny travels to Wharton with one thing on their mind beat Wharton and finish undefeated in district for the second straight year. Wharton is a solid team that has played an extremely difficult schedule. As of late the Tigers have played well. Look for the Tigers to tire defensively in the 2nd half.
Sweeny by 21

District 27
Luling (4-0) (5-4)
Sam Houston (3-1) (7-2)
La Vernia (3-1) (6-3)
Somerset (2-2) (6-3)
Poteet (0-4) (3-5)
Marion (0-4) (1-8)

We will start D27 preview with the two big games with playoff implications.

Luling @ La Vernia
The Luling Eagles are in the playoffs which is quite an accomplishment after going winless last year and dealing with tragedy this year. Now, they want the District title out right and to do that they have to go into La Vernia and beat the Bears. It is very hard not to root for the Eagles, and we do most of the time, but tonight in La Vernia the clock strikes midnight.
LV by 12

Sam Houston @ Somerset.
We’re not going to try and understand all the playoff possibilities here, so we’ll keep it simple and hope we’re right. Both teams pretty much have to win to get in. If Somerset wins, they end up with the same record as the Hurricanes and we think that probably gets them in. If Sam Houston wins, there is no doubt. We think there will be no doubt.
SH by 8

Marion @ Poteet
Poteet by 20

District 28
Cuero (4-0) (9-0)
Edna (4-0) (7-1)
Yoakum (2-2) (4-5)
Palacios (1-3) (3-6)
Goliad (1-3) (1-8)
Gonzales (0-4) (1-8)

Edna @ Cuero
Edna is a scary team. They have skilled, quick players who can hit big plays. They have a defense that is ranked 11th in 3A in points allowed and they take the ball away at an alarming rate. We think the Cowboys will beat a heavily favored foe before their season ends. Cuero is a heavy favorite in this game but they will not overlook Edna. Cuero has two major players on offense in Arndt and Jackson, but their strength is every Gobbler that steps on the field will play hardnosed disciplined football. They know how to get it done in Cuero. If you live in the Victoria/crossroad area and you’re a HS football fan, you’ve been hearing about this match-up for weeks. It’s going to be an electric environment in Cuero Friday night and even though we have great respect for the Cowboys, Cuero will feed off the energy extend their district, and home field, winning streaks.
Cuero by 6

Yoakum @ Goliad
It has been written that Goliad could somehow get into the playoffs with a victory over Yoakum. Some sort of tie breaker formula shows its possible, but winning this football game will be a lot tougher than any tie breaker scenario. Yoakum can taste the playoffs and the ‘dogs are hungry. On this night it’s not even close.
Yoakum by 16

Gonzales @ Palacios
The Sharks win over the hapless Apaches.
Palacios by 20

District 29
Pearsall (4-1) (8-1)
Bandera (4-1) (7-2)
Devine (3-2) (6-3)
Hondo (4-2) (6-3)
Crystal City (1-4) (2-8)
Carrizo Springs (2-3) (3-6)
Lytle (0-5) (2-7)

This district race is over as none of the top 3 teams will lose. Devine edges out Hondo for the 3rd spot on a head-to-head tiebreaker.

Devine vs. Carrizo Springs
Devine by 18

Bandera vs. Lytle
Bandera by a lot

Pearsall vs. Crystal City
Pearsall cruises by 20+

District 31
Sinton (5-1) (8-1)
Ingleside (5-1) (8-1)
Mathis (5-1) (6-3)
Robstown (4-2) (5-4)
West Oso (3-3) (4-5)
Orange Grove (1-5) (2-7)
Aransas Pass (1-5) (1-8)
Falfurrias (0-6) (0-9)

Ingleside (8-1; 5-1) @ Robstown (5-4; 4-2) - It is unbelievable that Ingleside could lose this game and not make the playoffs. Both teams are fighting for their playoff lives. Ingleside just needs to win and they are in! Robstown needs to win, but would also need Oso to beat Sinton to get in. (someone help if this is incorrect!) After last week's win against Sinton, we don't think Ingleside will have any problems with Robstown. Mustangs by 14.

West Oso (4-5; 3-3) @ Sinton (8-1; 5-1) - Bad news for the Bears. They are coming into Sinton after a Sinton loss. It will be senior night and the Pirates are looking to make a statement. Pirates by 21

Falfurrias (0-8; 0-6) @ Mathis (6-3; 5-1) - Mathis will roll and look to work on some improvements for the playoffs. Mathis by 30+

Orange Grove (2-7; 1-5) @ Aransas Pass (1-8; 1-5) - This is actually a big game for these two. Both have some talent, just can't seem to get going. Aransas Pass did a great job of getting up on Oso last week, but could not keep it going. A win for Aransas Pass could be huge headed into the off-season, but Orange Grove is just so scrappy and they know how to win. OG by 10.

District 32
Lyford (6-0) (9-0)
Zapata (5-1) (5-4)
Rio Hondo (4-2) (4-5)
La Feria (3-3) (4-5)
Raymondville (2-4) (4-5
Hidalgo (2-4) (3-6)
Port Isabel (2-4) (3-6)
Progresso (0-5) (2-6)

La Feria @ Rio Hondo
One of these teams is going to be in the playoffs and you can chalk that up to good coaching and not quitting as each of these teams have been beaten and bruised this year. But, they’ve kept playing and the winner of this one will play next week.
Rio Hondo by 12

Progresso vs. Port Isabel
The Tarpons should win easily and start work on next year.
PI by 30

Raymondville vs. Lyford
Will Lyford rest starters? We don’t think so, at least not until the game is in the bag. An undefeated regular season is a special accoplishment and we think Lyford is on a mission.
Lyford by 15

Zapata vs. Hidalgo
Two teams headed in two different directions.
Zapata by 20

44INAROW
11-05-2009, 02:09 PM
thanks again for the hard work on the weekly updates!

pirate4state
11-05-2009, 02:18 PM
LOL love the "two teams headed in different directions" preview for the Zapata-v-Hidalgo game!

Once again Sealy is picked to lose...I think they will want to extract some revenge for their loss to LG last year. Get ready!

Old Green
11-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks for another great preview:clap:

I always look forward to it.

sinton66
11-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Robstown needs to win, but would also need Oso to beat Sinton to get in.

Huh? The D1 rep is between Robstown and Ingleside. Robstown wins, district record is a tie with tie breaker (head to head) going to Robstown. If Robstown wins, they go as D1 rep no matter what Sinton does.

maroonpirate04
11-05-2009, 02:35 PM
:thinking: Just wondering with this 3-way tie, Who is offically district champions or is it still up for grabs. If Ingleside loses who does it belong to now or does it go back to Sinton if they win:thinking: To me very confusing mess the Pirates are in:thinking:

SintonPirateFan
11-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
:thinking: Just wondering with this 3-way tie, Who is offically district champions or is it still up for grabs. If Ingleside loses who does it belong to now or does it go back to Sinton if they win:thinking: To me very confusing mess the Pirates are in:thinking:

3 Co-Champions, i think. the 1,2,3 seeds are just for playoff positions.

pirate4state
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
3 Co-Champions, i think. the 1,2,3 seeds are just for playoff positions. Correct.

Originally posted by Sinton66
Huh? The D1 rep is between Robstown and Ingleside. Robstown wins, district record is a tie with tie breaker (head to head) going to Robstown. If Robstown wins, they go as D1 rep no matter what Sinton does.

Something about points? Who knows! All I care about is us winning! LOL

sinton66
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Ingleside loss + Sinton win = Sinton District Champ outright.
(Pretty sure two way tie reverts to head to head).

Ingleside win + Sinton win + Mathis win = 3 co-champions.

maroonpirate04
11-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
3 Co-Champions, i think. the 1,2,3 seeds are just for playoff positions.

Thanks, I know about the playoff system just thinking about the district title. I think the last time Sinton shared a district title was back 1987 if im correct

pirate4state
11-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Ingleside loss + Sinton win = Sinton District Champ outright.
(Pretty sure two way tie reverts to head to head).

Ingleside win + Sinton win + Mathis win = 3 co-champions.

If we end up with the same record as Mathis, even though we beat them heads up, the district will still award 2 trophies. That's what Allen told me. Same if we all win.

sinton66
11-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Correct.

Something about points? Who knows! All I care about is us winning! LOL

Points only count in 3 way ties. Robstown win means both are 5-2. Pretty sure two way tie is head to head. This game determines the D1 rep. Loser is out. Mathis and Sinton both win and they are D2 reps.

That's all I really care about too. The others can fend for themselves this weekend.;)

sinton66
11-05-2009, 02:46 PM
If we end up with the same record as Mathis, even though we beat them heads up, the district will still award 2 trophies. That's what Allen told me. Same if we all win.

Okay, he should know. BUT, we'll all know too, right?;)

Third
11-05-2009, 03:45 PM

Same story in 29-3A, Pearsall and Bandera should win this week and if they do they have the same record although Pearsall beat Bandera head-to-head.

R4Editor
11-05-2009, 03:53 PM
In most districts teams that finish at the top with identical records are consider champions or co-champions. Most only use tie-breakers for playoff spots or seeding.

Everyone, thanks for the nice words. We plan to continue on until a regional champion is crowned. We're looking forward to writing up next week's bi-district round of playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2009, 06:04 PM
If we end up with the same record as Mathis, even though we beat them heads up, the district will still award 2 trophies. That's what Allen told me. Same if we all win. :thumbsup:

Sinton win and they get the 1# seed for D2 and play the winner of Rio Hondo vs La Feria

Sinton loss and Ingleside win Sinton gets #2 seed for D2 and play at home against Lyford(i believe this is due to Sinton going to Lyford last year)

CueroGobblers
11-05-2009, 09:15 PM
If Ingleside, Sinton, and Mathis win on Friday, Mathis plays Lyford in bi-district round. I read on here somewhere that Coach Kilby (Mathis head coach) will flip the coin toss home/home, which means if Mathis wins the toss theres a playoff game in Mathis or lose the toss its in Lyford. I dont know how true this it,like I said I read it on here somewhere. I was doing some research on Lyford and there QB is really good. I think he has over 2,ooo yrds passing, running game isnt too bad. Mathis is getting better and better every week. Secondary will really have to step up if it plays Lyford. I hope that Mathis wins the toss and we play in Mathis.

pirate4state
11-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Valley teams are notorious for flipping home/home.

SintonPirateFan
11-06-2009, 12:32 PM
this may be a little off topic, but has anybody heard how Carson's surgery went, and if he'll be able to make any other sports this year?