PDA

View Full Version : Answer to above question

Old Cardinal
11-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Last night Caldwell had scouts at the Bridge City vs Huffman Volleyball game...BC won and will play Caldwell. Not sure when....
Tell us about Caldwell?

lulu
11-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Last night Caldwell had scouts at the Bridge City vs Huffman Volleyball game...BC won and will play Caldwell. Not sure when....
Tell us about Caldwell?

Hornet Mom should be able to help.

Hey Old Card
I think it's kind of ironic for us.....our girls play Robinson tomorrow night .....remember Old Card? this was our area opponent for baseball last year. Before that baseball game I never heard of them. Maybe we'll meet up with you guys again down the road. I looked at the bracket today but did not really take a mental note of it. lulu

Old Cardinal
11-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Well I looked up Caldwell HS and could not find anything about the Volleyball team.

This is what I could find:

*Town is in top 1% of racially diversified communities is Texas.

* School a little small for a 3A at 555 enrollment 9-12

That is about it--on the Internet.

Hopefully a Hornet fan will share more HS info about the teams win/loss and to who?

bwdaggie
11-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Well I looked up Caldwell HS and could not find anything about the Volleyball team.

they were beat in the state semifinals last year by eventual state champions lovejoy...they have a very solid, hard-hitting program.

ProudHornetMom
11-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Our Freshman, JV and Varsity Volleyball teams are undefeated in district play. I'm not sure of the year record. I know we lost to a 5A school in a tournament earlier in the season. There may have been more loses...but not many.

Our volleyball program is solid and the head coach played on state volleyball teams back in the 90's and played for UH Volleyball.

lulu
11-05-2009, 11:21 AM

This is what I could find:

*Town is in top 1% of racially diversified communities is Texas.

* School a little small for a 3A at 555 enrollment 9-12

That is about it--on the Internet.

Hopefully a Hornet fan will share more HS info about the teams win/loss and to who?

Yeah....they are about the same in numbers as we are and have a sound volleyball varsity team. Don't know much on their stats
...team wise or individual wise.

Old Cardinal
11-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I heard since I wrote this that Caldwell is quite capable.

BC is representing the second place in 21-3A.
This was a close District with 4 teams without a dimes worth of difference.

BC is short and aggressive with an excellent smart pair of Coaches--Becca and Beth--they get 100% out of a group of athletic very intelligent Lassies.

They have won about 2/3s of their games but have played a stiff torrid schedule in pre & post settings.

Whether they can win in Volleyball at this level remains to be seen. We have only one Senior on the squad?

My opinion is-- top notch HS athletes are hard to beat GROUPED in any sport--I would nearly guarantee they would win, be it--SOFTBALL, Track, Field events, Power Lifting or UIL Academics..... Volleyball with short girls, remains to be seen. LOL

See you in Willis at 6:30 pm tomorrow night (Friday).

Old Cardinal
11-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Is there a site to read about Caldwell Volleyball?

Old Cardinal
11-05-2009, 07:12 PM
WOW Whoever wins tomorrow night gets the winner of Tarkington and Taylor--that will be a trip.. lol

lulu
11-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Spring Hill Ladies beat Robinson last night for Area. Will meet either Mexia or Diboll for Region.