PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill

LH_Tuff
11-04-2009, 11:07 AM
It will be strange this year to not be driving all over the state watching LH play on Saturdays in Nov/Dec. But hey, this year we will finally have time to shop for Christmas. :)

This year reminds me of a poem I keep close by:

Hurrah for revolution and more cannon-shot!
A beggar upon horseback lashes a beggar on foot.
Hurrah for revolution and cannon come again!
The beggars have changed places, but the lash goes on.

I will enjoy the leisure time this year. I am confident that LH will not be down long. This years bunch have taken their lumps. They will be back. Stronger than ever.

themsu97
11-04-2009, 11:20 AM
off years happen...

LH had a good run... time to start another...

greendawg84
11-04-2009, 11:27 AM
This is true , great program, great kids it will be back

Red&White_9x5
11-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Hats off to the Hill. They have achieved so much in the recent years. Down years happen, but they have a good coaching staff and I don't expect them to be down for long

Pendragon13
11-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Even the best, most storied programs have off years...but they never stay down for long. You guys will be back before you know it!

jason
11-04-2009, 11:48 AM
any chance liberty hill will be 4a this go around?

Gobbler-Buck
11-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Liberty Hill is a class program with great kids and coaches. I know you are down this year but all Cuero knows they will be back. Good luck in the future and hope we can play ya'll again.

LH_Tuff
11-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by jason

No. I think the reported number is around 715.

LH_Tuff
11-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler-Buck
Liberty Hill is a class program with great kids and coaches. I know you are down this year but all Cuero knows they will be back. Good luck in the future and hope we can play ya'll again.

With re-alignment coming, maybe we can get together again for the next 2 years. Those Cuero/LH games in past sure were fun to watch.

Gobbler-Buck
11-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
With re-alignment coming, maybe we can get together again for the next 2 years. Those Cuero/LH games in past sure were fun to watch.

I agree. I would enjoy watching that game year in and year out.

wimbo_pro
11-04-2009, 12:25 PM
As a Wimberley fan, there is part of me that takes a bit of comfort in seeing LH sitting at home this play off season (the competitor thingy). But there is another part of me (the bigger part) that has some disappointment that they are not there this year. I have kind of enjoyed having another fellow district team do as well as they have. It makes us all better to have strong competitors in the district. God knows LH has been strong, right?

Add to it, I know well the feeling of being on top, then the fall. I definitely won't say i feel sorry for them, there is nothing to feel sorry about. But I do have empathy for their disappointment.

With all this said....GO 8-3A!!!!

K-MAC Chuck
11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by jason

Not a chance in high heaven..LH will definitely be 3A..

Daddy D 11
11-04-2009, 01:05 PM
LH will be decent next year with so much returning. But... it's still the same talent. I definitely think LH will make the playoffs, maybe win a game. But if you're an LH fan and you're expecting a state title team in the next 3-4 years it isn't going to happen. The talent just isn't there or coming up. Stinks to see the playoff streak broken:(

LH_Tuff
11-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LH will be decent next year with so much returning. But... it's still the same talent. I definitely think LH will make the playoffs, maybe win a game. But if you're an LH fan and you're expecting a state title team in the next 3-4 years it isn't going to happen. The talent just isn't there or coming up. Stinks to see the playoff streak broken:(

I agree to a certain extent. However, I think this years 8th grade (Next years freshmen) has some very talented kids. They have good size and speed. We shall see.

lostaussie
11-04-2009, 01:23 PM
LH will be decent next year with so much returning. But... it's still the same talent. I definitely think LH will make the playoffs, maybe win a game. But if you're an LH fan and you're expecting a state title team in the next 3-4 years it isn't going to happen. The talent just isn't there or coming up. Stinks to see the playoff streak broken:( I would be willing to bet your son has graduated

I agree to a certain extent. However, I think this years 8th grade (Next years freshmen) has some very talented kids. They have good size and speed. We shall see. and I would be willing to bet..............you have a son in the 8th grade.

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Sorry guys:( Thats why God gave us short memories and next year :clap: :clap:

:D

Daddy D 11
11-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I would be willing to bet your son has graduated

and I would be willing to bet..............you have a son in the 8th grade.

Wrong and wrong lol

I don't have a son. Wayyyy too young for that!:D

LH_Tuff
11-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Wrong and wrong lol

But I do have a son in the 8th grade (and 7th). ;)

BILLYFRED0000
11-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Well speaking for Celina we were glad to see such a classy group twice in the last few years and I was glad to be there personally when you guys won your first one. Congrats all around and keep your head up. You may be back or not but it is the hope that keeps you going.

wimbo_pro
11-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Wrong and wrong lol

That and the gay thing you got going, right?:D

Tx Challenge
11-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Wrong and wrong lol

Wow D11, Did not know you had a senior player. Is this your oldest kid? :D :D :D :D .

My how time flies. Seems like just 2-3 years ago, I was watching you hurl the ball yourself.

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2009, 10:21 PM
I agree to a certain extent. However, I think this years 8th grade (Next years freshmen) has some very talented kids. They have good size and speed. We shall see.
There's a number of talented kids in the 7th, 9th,10th & 11th as well.

Tx Challenge
11-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There's a number of talented kids in the 7th, 9th, 10th & 11th as well.

Any OL in the group coming up?:cool:

ProudHornetMom
11-04-2009, 10:34 PM
To me predicting talent in middle school is blowing in the wind. What happens in middle school doesn't necessarily predict what will happen in high school. Some kids grow, some don't, teams get blended with other grades which improves the team, some kids move in, some move out. And the same is happening at every other middle school.

And not that I would ever compare Caldwell with LH for fear of reproach...our seniors this year were the middle school team that won 3 games in 3 years. All the doom and gloom forecasters loved bashing this team. But what all didn't see is this group's determination. They worked hard and worked together. It's paid off and we're doing ok...actually doing very well. So I don't go with looking at middle school to predict varsity success.

LH will be fine and will rebound...and all had better look out when they do.

Daddy D 11
11-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
That and the gay thing you got going, right?:D

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part.:mad:

And Tx Challenge.. IDK about hurling it haha but I got it up there:D

wimbo_pro
11-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I would expect LH to be back in the hunt (deep play off threat) in a few years, but probably not next year. It's going to take some time to reload, i would bet. I think (hope) that next year Wimberley will be even better and will dominate LH once again, but we shall see. We beat them 3 years in a row, they beat us 3 in a row. It's the rubber match coming up next year!

Assuming CL stays in 3A, it should be quite the district (assuming the district remains the same, which it probably wont). Any way, I hope LH and wimberley no matter what.

clhsdad
11-05-2009, 01:00 PM
If I am not mistaken we will be in the new 30 3a district next year. We will lose LH, Llano and Burnet. Pick up Bandera and Boerne. Along with CL, Wimberely, Fredericksburg and Ingram.

Daddy D 11
11-05-2009, 02:29 PM
I can see LH going with like Burnet, Llano, maybe Lampasas drops and add the 2 leander schools? Or even maybe Burnet and LH go with like China Spring and Lorena. You never know?

lange4
11-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I am just waiting for Kingsland to open its own HS. It already has its own Elementary. When this happens Llano will be a perrenial champion in 2A. As it stands know, we play a 3A schedule, and we have 510 in the HS, but half the numbers come from the lakes area and they have maybe 10 to 15 % of the the participation in athletic endeavors. We can split the schools and still keep the athletes. We compete as a 3A school. We would dominate as a 2A school.