PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, Boise/ Oregon.

carter08
11-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Does anyone really think Boise would beat Oregon if they played again?

sTx
11-04-2009, 10:53 AM
no way oregon is too good :D

Phil C
11-04-2009, 10:56 AM
I think Oregon would win but it would be closer than a lot of people think.

statewide
11-04-2009, 10:57 AM
I am a fan of Boise State and they can not beat Oregan this year.

ziggy29
11-04-2009, 10:59 AM
In any event, it shows what's wrong with the BCS. It's all but impossible to overcome conference affiliation, which isn't something schools in the "non-BCS" conferences can control.

The whole system stinks of rotting fish. And yes, I'd expect the BCS to pick Oregon over Boise if both were at-large options, even if Boise destroyed Oregon.

ziggy29
11-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by statewide
I am a fan of Boise State and they can not beat Oregan this year.
Eh? They already did. Maybe they would have a harder time *now*, but they did beat Oregon "this year."

themsu97
11-04-2009, 11:19 AM
I agree with Ziggy.. who cares...

when Oregon lined up on the field against Boise, they had the same amount of time to prepare as Boise did, and Bosie took care of business... Boise won, plain and simple, they are the better team because head to head is what matters... why don't the Pac 10 pony up and let Boise State in that conference... bet the Pac 10 would not do it...

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 12:06 PM
No. Just as Tech wouldn't have beat Texas again last year or any other upset you could think. Line Oregon and Boise up 10 times and Oregon will win 8-9 times. :D

crzyjournalist03
11-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Yes. They did it before Oregon's running back was suspended, so why can't they do it while he's suspended?

charlesrixey
11-04-2009, 01:01 PM
i don't think Oregon would win 9 of 10.

Oregon was at full strength when they played; regardless of what one thinks about Boise, they still won, and opinions in december do not trump results in september. This whole argument is rediculous. Sadly, the Bowls would probably say otherwise--this is just one of many problems of the BCS

TheDOCTORdre
11-04-2009, 01:05 PM
I think it wold be a shootout going either way

Keith7
11-04-2009, 01:20 PM
It depends on where the game is played

themsu97
11-04-2009, 01:24 PM
did not Boise beat Oregon in Eugene last year?

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Yes. They did it before Oregon's running back was suspended, so why can't they do it while he's suspended? Because that back rushed for -5 yds. His replacement has rushed for 918, is 15th in NCAA and #1 in Pac 10 rushing. Even though he had limited rushes the first 2 games. USC may be down but I do believe they are better than Boise and I think everyone saw what happend Saturday in that particular game with the Ducks :eek: :eek:

themsu97
11-04-2009, 01:27 PM
so Boise shut down the man who was to start in front of this guy...
just adding to the fact that Boise was prepared and won the game they actually played....

TheDOCTORdre
11-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Because that back rushed for -5 yds. His replacement has rushed for 918, is 15th in NCAA and #1 in Pac 10 rushing. Even though he had limited rushes the first 2 games. USC may be down but I do believe they are better than Boise and I think everyone saw what happend Saturday in that particular game with the Ducks :eek: :eek:

I dont think USC is better than Boise at all, USC has huge problems, especially on the defensive side of the ball, its not like Oregon was the first team to put up those kind of numbers against USC look at the games against Notre Dame and Oregon State. Offensively I would take Boises Moore over USC's barkely any day of the week, I think Boise is a much more complete than USC

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
just adding to the fact that Boise was prepared and won the game they actually played.... Blount is a Senior, James a redshirt Freshman, I believe James picked up close to 90 yds in that game.

EDIT : 2 RUSHES 22 YDS for james 11 / carry :thinking:

charlesrixey
11-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
just adding to the fact that Boise was prepared and won the game they actually played....

agreed

Blount had something like 1,400 yards rushing last year. Anybody think his poor performance may have had something to do with his attitude after the game?

it's more likely that Boise had a great rush defense in that game than Blount, a potential all-PAC 10 selection, completely sucked.

Occam's Razor (lite)

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
its not like Oregon was the first team to put up those kind of numbers against USC Really :confused: :confused:

TheDOCTORdre
11-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Really :confused: :confused:

look at the Orgeon State/USC and the Notre Dame/USC games, USC was able to win those games, but they were shootouts

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 02:00 PM
look at the Orgeon State/USC and the Notre Dame/USC games, USC was able to win those games, but they were shootouts Agree totally, but Oregon/ USC was not a shootout for very long. I think handing USC its worst loss in over 10 yrs was very impressive. The Oregon/ Boise game was not a blowout and Oregon has vastly improved.

marler1972
11-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Agree totally, but Oregon/ USC was not a shootout for very long. I think handing USC its worst loss in over 10 yrs was very impressive. The Oregon/ Boise game was not a blowout and Oregon has vastly improved.

Well whats to say Boise has not improved?

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
Well whats to say Boise has not improved? Boise 28 Tulsa 21 for starters:thinking:

shamu85
11-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Agree totally, but Oregon/ USC was not a shootout for very long. I think handing USC its worst loss in over 10 yrs was very impressive. The Oregon/ Boise game was not a blowout and Oregon has vastly improved.

What game did you watch? Oregon did not have a first down until the 2ND HALF!! 19 pts = 3 touchdowns + totally shut down on offense. I would say that Oregon was completely blown out.

ziggy29
11-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Boise 28 Tulsa 21 for starters:thinking:
If Texas beat Tulsa 28-21, you know people would say "that was just one bad game against a decent opponent in a 'trap' game."

But if it's a WAC team or some other non-anointed team outside of a BCS conference, it's proof that they are not that good?

Apparently, if you're not in the BCS, you have to win every game by 50?

The double standards in looking at BCS teams and non-BCS teams would be laughable if it weren't so self-serving and self-perpetuating.

The BCS is an exclusionary cartel as currently designed and should be scrapped as such.

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
What game did you watch? Oregon did not have a first down until the 2ND HALF!! 19 pts = 3 touchdowns + totally shut down on offense. I would say that Oregon was completely blown out. Step 1 read thread subject:rolleyes: Would Oregon beat Boise if they were to play again YES :D
Step 2 get the facts down 19 - 8 Blount was totally ineffective, he made Boise look good James had 2 - 22 next game 97 and has hit close to 150 every game since, including 187 against USC. :thinking::cool:

TheDOCTORdre
11-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Step 1 read thread subject:rolleyes: Would Oregon beat Boise if they were to play again YES :D
Step 2 get the facts down 19 - 8 Blount was totally ineffective, he made Boise look good James had 2 - 22 next game 97 and has hit close to 150 every game since, including 187 against USC. :thinking::cool:

Blount didnt make Boise look good in fact the exact opposite is true the Boise defense made him, and the rest of the offense look horrible...would Oregon win...maybe, maybe not

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
If Texas beat Tulsa 28-21, you know people would say "that was just one bad game against a decent opponent in a 'trap' game."

But if it's a WAC team or some other non-anointed team outside of a BCS conference, it's proof that they are not that good?

Apparently, if you're not in the BCS, you have to win every game by 50?

The double standards in looking at BCS teams and non-BCS teams would be laughable if it weren't so self-serving and self-perpetuating.

The BCS is an exclusionary cartel as currently designed and should be scrapped as such. I agree:clap: :clap:
I thought it was great when Boise beat Oklahoma. I think TCU is great. I have nothing against the smaller conferences. I am not stuck on Big XII, SEC hype machine. Would love some type of playoff to put everyone on same level. I do still feel if Boise and Oregon were to meet again Oregon would prevail.

:)

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 03:11 PM
would Oregon win...maybe, maybe not You're getting closer to the right answer Doc. :D

shamu85
11-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Step 1 read thread subject:rolleyes: Would Oregon beat Boise if they were to play again YES :D

Step 1, stop looking through your LE glasses at Oregon just because a former LE player plays for them. Yes, he is good, but so was Blount. Boise completely shut them down, including Masoli who is more important to their offense than Blount or James. Oregon had 152 total yards. So what if James had 2 rushes for 22 yards. Twenty-two yards? Really.

I was responding to your post not to the original question in the thread.

Gobbler Fan
11-04-2009, 05:31 PM
This would be a very colorfull game * pun intended * with Oregon coming out on top . As good as Boise is Oregon looked like giant killers against USC .

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Step 1, stop looking through your LE glasses at Oregon just because a former LE player plays for them. Yes, he is good, but so was Blount. Boise completely shut them down, including Masoli who is more important to their offense than Blount or James. Oregon had 152 total yards. So what if James had 2 rushes for 22 yards. Twenty-two yards? Really.

I was responding to your post not to the original question in the thread. LOL I was just listening to Kipper on ESPN radio talking about how much better James has made Oregon and how much more effective he has made Masoli :thinking: Hmm didn't know Mel was an LE homer :rolleyes: but OK :D