PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Bracket and storylines for Region II

charlesrixey
11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Assuming the favorites win next week, the brackets will look like thus:

Division I
Region II

Prosper (9-1) vs. Paris North Lamar (3-7)
FW River Oaks Castleberry (5-5) vs. Alvarado (6-4)
Lucas Lovejoy (9-1) vs. Wills Point (9-1)
Texarkana Liberty Eylau (6-4), Bye

Division II
Region II

Argyle (10-0) vs. Van Alstyne (9-1)
Lake Worth (7-3) vs. Ferris (6-4)
Farmersville (7-3) vs. Eustace (4-6)
Pittsburg (9-1), Bye
Celina (6-4) vs. Paris (7-3)
Dallas Madison (7-3) vs. Kennedale (9-1)
Nevada Community (5-5) vs. Van (7-3)
Texarkana Pleasant Grove (7-3), Bye

There are some obvious games that could impact this, the biggest being Celina-Argyle and two games in 16-3A.

A fourth Kennedale-Madison matchup in 2 years would be quite enticing (Madison obviously hoping to reverse the losing trend).
Lovejoy Lovejoy and Wills Point, two 9-1 teams, could play in the first round. Overall the quality of the playoff teams seems higher on average than it has been in several years, and several teams have risen that could replace Celina as regional champion (Celina has won Region 2 3 years running).

i also like writing it shorthand so i can spell out R2D2 :)

LE Dad
11-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Look out for Pittsburg:eek: :eek: This is a solid team. If they don't beat themselves, they will be in the Region finals.
I can't wait for wk 12 to get here. :clap: :clap:

Aesculus gilmus
11-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Look out for Pittsburg:eek: :eek: This is a solid team. If they don't beat themselves, they will be in the Region finals.

What would be wild would be a state title game between schools only 18 miles apart - Pitt vs Gilmer. We could play it at the Union Ridge Rodeo Arena. It's about halfway.

LE Dad
11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
What would be wild would be a state title game between schools only 18 miles apart - Pitt vs Gilmer. We could play it at the Union Ridge Rodeo Arena. It's about halfway. No what would be wild is having 2 teams 18 miles apart being forced to go to San Antonio because the UIL pre determined the site :rolleyes:

Johnny Utah
11-03-2009, 03:09 PM
If I am playing in the State Championship game, we go anywhere and play anyone, wont matter where we are or who we play, no way no how. It is the STATE TITLE GAME!!

icu812
11-03-2009, 04:20 PM

How much better is Pitt this year vs. last year??

LE Dad
11-03-2009, 04:22 PM
We could play it at the Union Ridge Rodeo Arena. It's about halfway. Or isn't there a little community called Midway?? :confused: I think they have a store there with a big field behind it :spitlol: :evillol: ;)

Buckeye1980
11-03-2009, 05:24 PM
They would have to play at Union Hill, only stadium between the two.....Lost Aussie could man the PA system cause he is the Mayor of Bettie! (Realistically I think Gilmer will go D1 when G'water beats Chapel Hill) and that could be worse if Gilmer won D1 and Pitt won D2 and be 18 miles apart and never play ...jus thinkin tho...ALOT of football left!

Twirling Time
11-03-2009, 08:24 PM
If North Lamar slips up against Commerce (and crazier things have happened), Paris goes big school and 2-8 Commerce — yuck! — gets fed to the Argyle-Celina winner.

LE Dad
11-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by icu812
How much better is Pitt this year vs. last year?? Much, much better. They have a QB that has very good velocity and is pretty accurate. They move him out of the pocket and throw slip screens to the receivers. Not to mention they still have their RB Burns, they direct snap to him and do some zone read. Defense, was good, but we were experimenting with some stuff on offense
so I can't really say how good they are.

Bottom line, we have played Pitt 10 times, they have beat us twice. Last year by 1 when we missed a 2 pt conversion. This year 35 - 12. A little bit was us, but a lot was them. They may get in playoffs and choke but they are scary.

LE Dad
11-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
They would have to play at Union Hill, only stadium between the two.....Lost Aussie could man the PA system cause he is the Mayor of Bettie! (Realistically I think Gilmer will go D1 when G'water beats Chapel Hill) and that could be worse if Gilmer won D1 and Pitt won D2 and be 18 miles apart and never play ...jus thinkin tho...ALOT of football left! LOL, It's fun to kick around stuff like this. It would be a good matchup between Pitt and ya'll. This is the most talented Pitt team I have seen. They got a taste of playoffs last year and I think that may be an advantage this year. Oh well 1 more week and it all gets started. :D

Matthew328
11-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Pitt is my sleeper in Region 2

LE Dad
11-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Pitt is my sleeper in Region 2 They are a good choice. If they don't get intimidated by Celina, or overlook someone along the way; they will do well.

icu812
11-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Much, much better. They have a QB that has very good velocity and is pretty accurate. They move him out of the pocket and throw slip screens to the receivers. Not to mention they still have their RB Burns, they direct snap to him and do some zone read. Defense, was good, but we were experimenting with some stuff on offense
so I can't really say how good they are.

Bottom line, we have played Pitt 10 times, they have beat us twice. Last year by 1 when we missed a 2 pt conversion. This year 35 - 12. A little bit was us, but a lot was them. They may get in playoffs and choke but they are scary.

Sounds like they have the same QB & RB but are improved at the other positions to me. Honestly, last year when we played them they looked the part but defensively we just shut them down. If we play them in round 2 (if we get there) I expect a low scoring game but I'm not sure our offense right now can score enough to win. We're getting better and put up 47 last game but Canton was horrible on D. The Vandals started their 4th QB of the season last game :( Starter and backup both done for the season. The 3rd guy is our spread QB but we look much better with him at WB in the Power I (which is what we did last week).

I expect Wills Point to beat Lovejoy and play you guys in Rd. 2. Very winnable game for LE. From what I saw WP looked avg against the run. Solid team though and the offense is pretty balanced. QB can pass, good receivers, TB is small but very quick. Van pretty much shut their offense down except for a couple long pass plays. I believe we held them to 199 yards total offense in a 15-2 loss (our spread offense was horrible that game).

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Sounds like they have the same QB & RB but are improved at the other positions to me. Honestly, last year when we played them they looked the part but defensively we just shut them down. If we play them in round 2 (if we get there) I expect a low scoring game but I'm not sure our offense right now can score enough to win. We're getting better and put up 47 last game but Canton was horrible on D. The Vandals started their 4th QB of the season last game :( Starter and backup both done for the season. The 3rd guy is our spread QB but we look much better with him at WB in the Power I (which is what we did last week).

I expect Wills Point to beat Lovejoy and play you guys in Rd. 2. Very winnable game for LE. From what I saw WP looked avg against the run. Solid team though and the offense is pretty balanced. QB can pass, good receivers, TB is small but very quick. Van pretty much shut their offense down except for a couple long pass plays. I believe we held them to 199 yards total offense in a 15-2 loss (our spread offense was horrible that game). If that is same QB, he is much improved. Last year they could not pass against us. This year we could not stop it. We controlled RB pretty well but pass killed us. If ya'll keep the score low you will do fine.
If you let their offense stay on field it will be a long night . Good news is they are in other half of the bracket :)

PG is in your half and they are a little easier task than Pitt. If you can shut down #10 at QB and Saftey you will win. He is a playmaker though.

:thinking:

catgut
11-04-2009, 03:52 PM
If that is same QB, he is much improved. Last year they could not pass against us. This year we could not stop it. We controlled RB pretty well but pass killed us. If ya'll keep the score low you will do fine.
If you let their offense stay on field it will be a long night
:)
Who ya'll got in 1st round :confused:
I'm pretty sure Coach Manley's boy is still the QB. Just had another year to mature.

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by catgut
I'm pretty sure Coach Manley's boy is still the QB. Just had another year to mature. Mitch Manley, thats the kid. He did a lot more than mature. He has been to a very good camp somewhere LOL :D

lostaussie
11-04-2009, 04:07 PM
What would be wild would be a state title game between schools only 18 miles apart - Pitt vs Gilmer. We could play it at the Union Ridge Rodeo Arena. It's about halfway. we could play at Union Hill...........i could be on the chain gang, or cook some smoked turkey legs, or heat the nacho cheese. Hell, I could get drunk and not get a DWI..............just walk home:D

icu812
11-04-2009, 04:07 PM
If that is same QB, he is much improved. Last year they could not pass against us. This year we could not stop it. We controlled RB pretty well but pass killed us. If ya'll keep the score low you will do fine.
If you let their offense stay on field it will be a long night
:)
Who ya'll got in 1st round :confused:

I'm pretty sure its the same QB. Tall lanky kid with a good arm. You never seen a more frustated RB than Burns last year against Van. He's a good back though.

If we beat Eustace we play the winner of Nevada Community and Quinland Ford. If we lose we play Farmersville which looks like a tougher game since they won their district.

How is Pleasant Grove this year?

lostaussie
11-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
They would have to play at Union Hill, only stadium between the two.....Lost Aussie could man the PA system cause he is the Mayor of Bettie! hahaha I just saw this. Yes, i could run the PA system also:D

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm pretty sure its the same QB. Tall lanky kid with a good arm. You never seen a more frustated RB than Burns last year against Van. He's a good back though.

If we beat Eustace we play the winner of Nevada Community and Quinland Ford. If we lose we play Farmersville which looks like a tougher game since they won their district.

How is Pleasant Grove this year? PG is good. They are just small. They remind me of Pitt last year. I think ya'll can handle them pretty easy. Pitts QB is not so lanky this year. I did not relize that was the same kid. He will be something his Senior year.

catgut
11-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
If North Lamar slips up against Commerce (and crazier things have happened), Paris goes big school and 2-8 Commerce — yuck! — gets fed to the Argyle-Celina winner.
As compared to North Lamar if they win, they will be 3-7 LOL

icu812
11-04-2009, 05:19 PM
PG is good. They are just small. They remind me of Pitt last year. I think ya'll can handle them pretty easy. Pitts QB is not so lanky this year. I did not relize that was the same kid. He will be something his Senior year.

Unless our offense continues to improve I doubt we handle anybody pretty easy and that includes Eustace this Friday. It is what it is and its forced the coaches to go with plan "D". A & B are not an option and C didn't work. Lots of adjustments on the fly and players changing positions. We are getting healthier now though with the exception of the 3 lost with acl's and our starting tailback who missed last game after being hospitalized for several days with a bad staff infection. Hopefully, he's good to go by the playoffs. :doh:

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by catgut
As compared to North Lamar if they win, they will be 3-7 LOL Yeah, I think that would shake things up. I would like to see Paris match up with Prosper:thinking:

:clap: :clap: Come on Commerce :D

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Unless our offense continues to improve I doubt we handle anybody pretty easy and that includes Eustace this Friday. It is what it is and its forced the coaches to go with plan "D". A & B are not an option and C didn't work. Lots of adjustments on the fly and players changing positions. We are getting healthier now though with the exception of the 3 lost with acl's and our starting tailback who missed last game after being hospitalized for several days with a bad staff infection. Hopefully, he's good to go by the playoffs. :doh: :doh: Ya'll made it this far. That says something about your coaching. If coaches can get the offense clicking maybe they will make a run

:confused:

Charlie47
11-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Lucas Lovejoy Leopards VS Wills Point Tigers

Friday the 13th at T A Cotton Ford Stadium
Greenville, TX. Tickets will be on sale this
Friday at the gate prior to the Emory Rains game.:D :clap:

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Lucas Lovejoy Leopards VS Wills Point Tigers

Friday the 13th at T A Cotton Ford Stadium
Greenville, TX. Tickets will be on sale this
Friday at the gate prior to the Emory Rains game.:D :clap: Where u been :confused: How the "other Leopards" been doing? :D

Charlie47
11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey LE Dad,
How did you guys rate a bye? Lovejoy is doing kinda great:doh:
We lost our RB, but still doing OK. I seem to be the only poster
for Lovejoy.

LE Dad
11-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Hey LE Dad,
How did you guys rate a bye? Lovejoy is doing kinda great:doh:
We lost our RB, but still doing OK. I seem to be the only poster
for Lovejoy. Lol, There are a few LE posters on here, but they leave the bulk of the posting to me. LE is not a lock yet. We still need to beat New Boston to control our own destiny. They are pretty beat up so I think we should be OK. We are getting our speed back and our Senior leader back to full speed so Round 2 should be fun. We only have 1 player completely out and he has been gone since week 2. Good luck in rd 1. We just might get to have a Leopard fight :D

:p