PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 10 Top 25+surprise teams for the playoffs

charlesrixey
11-03-2009, 09:29 AM
There are some teams you haven't heard much about which could have a large impact of the playoffs. My top 5 Impact teams you don't know about (not in order of overall ranking):

1. Lake Worth (6-3)-Just beat Dallas Madison to wrap up district 11-3A, winning with a high-powered offense after being completely out of the picture for 3 or 4 years.

2. Pittsburg (8-1)-looks to win 16-3A outright this week; Pittsburg has been the most consistent team for the past few years out in this district as LE has gone up and down since their last state title.

3. Wills Point (8-1)-hasn't played the toughest schedule but certainly took the banner from Van, who was supposed to be the strongest team in 14-3A once again. WP is certainly dangerous and it will be interesting to see how far they can go in the playoffs.

4. Farmersville (6-3)-The Farmers were picked behind Lovejoy and yet gave them their only loss and look to win the 13-3A title again. Although they couldn't get much going against Prosper (who can?) they could definately surprise in the playoffs.

5. Ferris (5-4)-Ferris was totally off the radar until their 13-12 victory over Kennedale IN Kennedale. This was the same team who has been basically unstoppable and scoring around 40 ppg with wins over Madison, 4A Foster, Alvarado, Crandall, and Kaufman, all R-II ranked teams at the time. Ferris still has to win this week to make the playoffs, but if they do they just might sneak up on someone else.

2009 Week 10 Top 25

Team/Record (* 3ADL Rank)

1. Argyle (9-0)
2. Prosper (8-1)
3. Pittsburg (8-1)
4. Celina (6-3)
6. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (5-4)
7. Texarkana Pleasant Grove (7-2)
8. Kennedale (8-1)
9. Wills Point (8-1)
10. New Boston (5-3)
11. Lake Worth (6-3)
12. Paris (6-3)
13. Van Alstyne (9-0)
14. Dallas Madison (6-3)
15. Alvarado (5-4)
16. Farmersville (6-3)
17. Lucas Lovejoy (8-1)
18. Ferris (5-4)
19. Mount Vernon (5-4)
20. Van (6-3)
21. Crandall (5-4)
22. Eustace (4-5)
23. Canton (5-4)
24. Atlanta (2-7)
25. Sanger (4-5)

LE Dad
11-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Pittsburg is tuff. They remind me a lot of Aledo back when they were 3A. Great QB, Great RB, and a very solid defense. They made playoffs last year and this team is 10 X more talented. I think they could surprise a lot of people.

charlesrixey
11-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Pittsburg is tuff. They remind me a lot of Aledo back when they were 3A. Great QB, Great RB, and a very solid defense. They made playoffs last year and this team is 10 X more talented. I think they could surprise a lot of people.

Pittsburg certainly had talent 2 years ago when we played them. Isn't their former star now a star at Baylor?

LE Dad
11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Pittsburg certainly had talent 2 years ago when we played them. Isn't their former star now a star at Baylor? Kendal Wright, I believe is at Baylor. I never heard for sure though. This Pitt team is better, LE has played Pitt either in district or Bi district for many years and this is the most balanced and confident team I have seen.

catgut
11-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Yes, Kendall Wright is at Baylor where he's had some good plays this year.
IMO he should play basketball too. He can shoots lights out on three pointers.

LE Dad
11-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by catgut
Yes, Kendall Wright is at Baylor where he's had some good plays this year.
IMO he should play basketball too. He can shoots lights out on three pointers. and run the court all night long !! :D
I guess that is why I am sooooo impressed by this Pitt team. They have so many weapons. The past teams had just 1 or 2 playmakers, not this year.