PDA

View Full Version : burnet/canyon lake

spaniard
11-03-2009, 04:49 AM
who wins it and why?

NastySlot
11-03-2009, 09:51 AM
should be a good one...imo the best two teams in the district...too hard for me to call.

still don't know how burnet loss to wimberley and i was there........canyon lake has been the one team i have seen get stronger as the year goes on.

Good Luck to both.

Daddy D 11
11-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Definitely best 2 teams in the district. I'll take Burnet 21-14.

Dawg Dad
11-03-2009, 10:12 AM
The Lake in this one. Most complete team in the district.

Daddy D 11
11-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Dawg Dad
Most complete team in the district.

Fail. That would be Burnet, not Canyon Lake.

Red&White_9x5
11-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Have seen Burnet twice and Canyon Lake once. This will be a dandy, but I am going with Burnet. The both have very good defenses, but offensively I think Burnet has the "big play" capability that Canyon Lake may not have. Burnet has a lot of speed on offense. I am saying Burnet 21- 14

clhsdad
11-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Not sure how this game is going to play out not alot riding on it other than bragging rights. I think Wimberely wins district and they beat us both. Burnet is going D1 and win or lose Canyon Lake has to wait for the other district to finish to see who they play. If this game gets out of hand early or if it is not close in the fourth quarter I could see both teams pulling starters.

Burnet I believe matches up with CL extremely well and they have to be the favorite. I thought we were a little flat against Fredericksburg but I believe we will be ready for this one.

ol country boy
11-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Going to have to go with the Lake on this one.

Dawg Dad
11-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Fail (lh for a playoff spot).

Dawg Dad
11-03-2009, 11:59 AM

Also, I believe the word you were looking for is, "wrong."

greendawg84
11-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Dawgs roll , too much speed for the Lake, should be a great game cant wait till Friday!:p

Daddy D 11
11-03-2009, 12:04 PM

And the village idiot is back!

thelegend02
11-03-2009, 12:48 PM
False. Would be another word that you could use.

solocam
11-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Burnet by 17

Super_R
11-03-2009, 03:50 PM

Fail. Wimberley against LH.

Daddy D 11
11-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Also, I believe the word you were looking for is, "wrong."

"Fail" is a commonly used term on the board Dawg Dad. Means wrong, or false.
And seeing that my education is most likely higher than yours is, I'm going to correct you and let you in on a little secret..

It is "wrong".

Not: "wrong."

Daddy D 11
11-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Super_R

Fail. Burnet in 2 state championships.

Triumph. LH in 2 state championships.

oleonetime2
11-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Well, I finally heard something out of Super R. Between Super R and D 11, you guys will have a lot to talk about over coffee on saturday morning in liberty hill. Maybe you guys can meet up at basketball practice at the Hill on Saturday morning and talk trash about the football playoffs. Even though the so called two best teams are playing in Burnet on Friday night, as long as Wimberley takes care of business in Fredericksburg the gold ball will be in their trophy case. I want to wish the best of luck to Burnet, Canyon Lake and Wimberley in the playoffs.

SintonFan
11-03-2009, 07:43 PM
I haven't seen Canyon Lake play but they gave Brandeis good competition. They did in fact lose to the Broncos, who are now blowing away everyone(except Clark:doh: ) in district 28-5A.
Canyon Lake can play, but I believe more in Burnet.
No prediction but I think Burnet will win.

spaniard
11-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by oleonetime2
Well, I finally heard something out of Super R. Between Super R and D 11, you guys will have a lot to talk about over coffee on saturday morning in liberty hill. Maybe you guys can meet up at basketball practice at the Hill on Saturday morning and talk trash about the football playoffs. Even though the so called two best teams are playing in Burnet on Friday night, as long as Wimberley takes care of business in Fredericksburg the gold ball will be in their trophy case. I want to wish the best of luck to Burnet, Canyon Lake and Wimberley in the playoffs.

appreciate ya!

Daddy D 11
11-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Well, I finally heard something out of Super R. Between Super R and D 11, you guys will have a lot to talk about over coffee on saturday morning in liberty hill. Maybe you guys can meet up at basketball practice

Oh you mean like how you watched LH play for weeks at a time the past 5 years. I'll tell you what, when Llano wins 15 playoff games in a row and has 2 rings on their head coaches hand. Call LH and we will know EXACTLY how you feel.

And who drinks coffee on a saturday morning? Ice cold Natural Light will do me fine:D :p

wimbo_pro
11-04-2009, 07:52 AM

Triumph. LH in 2 state championships.

Ahhh...the thoughts of yesteryear. It's always great to go back and relive the past. RRIIINNNGGGGGGG!!!!!! Wake up call!!!! Welcome back to reality.

All out CAT
11-04-2009, 10:19 AM
drink tha natch, get the snat(!

[And who drinks coffee on a saturday morning? Ice cold Natural Light will do me fine:D :p [/B]

wtman
11-04-2009, 10:26 AM
daddy d and super r... if enough deer hunters stumble into the stadium to watch yall play your last game this Friday, you can act like its a playoff game....

ziggy29
11-04-2009, 10:38 AM
[B]I'll tell you what, when Llano wins 15 playoff games in a row and has 2 rings on their head coaches hand. Call LH and we will know EXACTLY how you feel.
When the 2A/3A cutoff is raised to about 540, we'll let you know. :)

Dawg Dad
11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
"Fail" is a commonly used term on the board Dawg Dad. Means wrong, or false.
And seeing that my education is most likely higher than yours is, I'm going to correct you and let you in on a little secret..

It is "wrong".

Not: "wrong."

Nice work daddy d 11. Thank you for catching my improper use of a period within quotation marks. You must have learned a lot at baylor. However, instead of teaching their students how to make assumptions regarding the education of others perhaps they should be teaching their students the apothegm regarding assuming...look it up, I'm waiting...good. Unfortunately my college education didn't prepare me for the slang and jargon regarding internet message boards. My mistake. Worry not, daddy, I will no longer correct you lest I be corrected on the banality (you're assumption) of my opinions. My opinion on CL is exactly that, my opinion. So go ahead and drink your natty light on Saturday mornings; (do not fret) it does not speak volumes of you.

Dawg Dad
11-04-2009, 10:41 AM

Who cares? Only thing that mattered: not "fail". Canyon Lake versus lh.

Daddy D 11
11-04-2009, 10:50 AM
I think the last five people have quoted me! Dang I'm popular. It's sad when it takes little old me to spice things up and get all the newbies out of the woodpile and onto the board. Must be nice that LH is FINALLY down huh guys?

And dawg dad, you support Wimberley so why are you all on Canyon Lake's lap? I'm confused:thinking:

WIMBO, you should know better than to call me out:D

And for all that don't know me, the Natty joke was just that... a joke. I was just making some fun of the saturday morning coffee joke that the Llano guy said. (Basically inferring that us Liberty Hillians don't know what coffee is and we only drink nasty light).

TexanAlum_06
11-04-2009, 11:49 AM

What does that have to do with it? He's not even a Wimberley fan.

wimbo_pro
11-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
What does that have to do with it? He's not even a Wimberley fan.

TexanAlum...it was a jab at Wimberley. Coming from someone sitting home for the play offs, its actually kinda funny.

Daddy D 11
11-04-2009, 01:02 PM
2 little birdies told me dawg dad is from Wimberley or supports Wimberley.

Hey Wimbo, who and where are yall gonna play next week?

Maybe me and Super will come sit with you:D

wimbo_pro
11-04-2009, 01:32 PM
2 little birdies told me dawg dad is from Wimberley or supports Wimberley.

Hey Wimbo, who and where are yall gonna play next week?

Maybe me and Super will come sit with you:D

LOL...good idea. Actually, I dont think Dawg is from Wimberley...I heard he is a poster from yesteryear with a grudge against LH. He has actually been more supportive of Llano than anyone else (other than whomever LH is playing, of course).

Not sure who we are playing yet...dont even know if its set in stone.

BwdLions
11-04-2009, 02:09 PM
I think Burnet wins this one. They have a very good QB and a very capable coaching staff (plus I have a friend that coaches for Burnet). :p

I don't mean to imply that Canyon Lake doesn't have a good QB and coaching staff. I just don't know anything about them.

espn1
11-04-2009, 06:34 PM

Triumph. LH in 2 state championships. The weird part about it is Burnet's 2003 team would have Beaten LH's State Teams by 35+ points! Factoid!

Tx Challenge
11-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by espn1
The weird part about it is Burnet's 2003 team would have Beaten LH's State Teams by 35+ points! Factoid!

Guess we will never know.. Don't know what a "factoid" is but the "fact" is LH got the job done twice in a row. Wimberley has a ring as well, as does our then district rep Bandera. Maybe this is Burnet's year

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good luck to all district 8 teams:D

Super_R
11-05-2009, 11:45 AM
The weird part about it is Burnet's 2003 team would have Beaten LH's State Teams by 35+ points! Factoid!

Bahahaha. Burnet is 0-2 in the Big game. LH is 2-0.

espn1
11-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Guess we will never know.. Don't know what a "factoid" is but the "fact" is LH got the job done twice in a row. Wimberley has a ring as well, as does our then district rep Bandera. Maybe this is Burnet's year

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good luck to all district 8 teams:D

If I'm not mistaken, Burnet beat Bandera 49-7 the year they won State! One other point! McGee didn't get the High School Ring. But he got a pretty Helmet and a fat pay check! I predict Shipley will be wearing a Dallas Helmet also!

SintonFan
11-05-2009, 12:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Burnet beat Bandera 49-7 the year they won State! One other point! McGee didn't get the High School Ring. But he got a pretty Helmet and a fat pay check! I predict Shipley will be wearing a Dallas Helmet also!

I was at that game. Those were some good burgers with all the fixins.:thumbsup:

Super_R
11-05-2009, 12:20 PM

LH beat Bandera that year also.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2009, 12:35 PM
It's all about peaking at the right time. We beat LH their first year of the state championship run too...then their defense stepped up and thats all they wrote...for that year and the next year anyways!!

oleonetime2
11-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Burnet beats Canyon Lake hands down. Won't be very close. Good luck to both teams in playoffs!

ziggy29
11-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Burnet beats Canyon Lake hands down. Won't be very close.
People said that about LH and Llano, too.

lange4
11-05-2009, 10:01 PM
When they said that about Llano nobody knew about all the injuries. Llano is not the same team as it was before Burnet. They are missing Key players in mutiple positions. Out for the season. With the participation that Llano has, every player counts, and when you lose multiple quality players it hurts.

clhsdad
11-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Going back to your post Llano and Canyon Lake you stated the injuried players were back and in shape. Now you say they did not play against CL which is it???

lange4
11-05-2009, 11:15 PM
They did not play at times and spots. Our top lineman did not play first half. I am talking about 2 players. 1 never played and the other came in the 2nd half and played a position he was not accustemed. Still it was noticed that if the player had played the first half, Llano may have moved the ball better. We are not saying CL is not a good team. They knew where to hurt us and did. I do not know if CL was healthy or not. This is part of the game. Llano has not been healthy for most of the season, and has gotten worse.

clhsdad
11-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Ok, I understand and yes your right injuries are unfortunately a part of the game. We have our best lineman out and lost our number 2 receiver the week before we played Llano. Lost another key player last week hopefully he may be back by the playoffs.

lange4
11-05-2009, 11:28 PM
I have seen both teams play and although we may not have beenas healthy on offense, we were about the same on defense. Both teams revolve around the short pass and hand-offs. I believe Burnet has the most talent at the skill positions. QB goes to Burnet. RB goes to CL. Overall talent, offensvily and defensivly, has to go to Burnet. Now it is up to the coaches to come up with a game-plan trhat will let thier team compete to the best of thier ability.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2009, 09:59 AM
The stark truth is...Llano just doesnt have the talent this year. As I said in an earlier post, they have the talent to run a decent offense based on the pass, but they didnt build around this type offense. They based it on the run, and they dont have the talent (this year) to make it successful.

Super_R
11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Lang4 ur a llano guy. You know they run a slower version of the Slot-T than does LH. LH is in a down year...yet they still run it faster and more precise than Llano. It may or may not be the coaches fault. If they have the personnel wrong or they don't demand perfection then its the coaches fault. If they have lack of talent, depth problems, or injuries then it is what it is.

Daddy D 11
11-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Tell em Super.

Super_R
11-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Tell em Super.
Thanks Brotha...r u going to the game?

espn1
11-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Having Canyon Lake at home is a definite +.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2009, 11:44 AM
True...this is a HUGE challenge for CL...I want them to win, but I am just having a tough time believing they can do it.

Daddy D 11
11-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks Brotha...r u going to the game?

Negative. Studying all weekend..

oleonetime2
11-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Here we go again. Super R and D 11. Are you two guys serious, "a scaled down version of LH's offense." Do you guys think that Liberty Hill invented watching paint dry. If the Llano coaches would have had the talent that you guys had the past couple of years they would have been playing in the same spot that you did. I will take the scaled down version of watching paint dry tonight in Llano. Llano wins this one by 10.

Daddy D 11
11-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Here we go again. Super R and D 11. Are you two guys serious, "a scaled down version of LH's offense." Do you guys think that Liberty Hill invented watching paint dry. If the Llano coaches would have had the talent that you guys had the past couple of years they would have been playing in the same spot that you did. I will take the scaled down version of watching paint dry tonight in Llano. Llano wins this one by 10.

Well if we have/had better talent than you... wouldn't that make your version scaled down?

And considering Coach Bush at San Marcos started the Slot-T and Vance was his Defensive Coordinator at the time..... I would say that yes in fact, some on the LH coaching staff had a hand in it.

Also, it's never a good idea to talk smack about the school you haven't beaten in years. Specially when you learned EVERYTHING you are running from us. LH is pretty much Llano's daddy. I remember the days when all your coaches would pile into a truck and come watch us lift weights and practice. Then, the next week you guys would be back again to see how we do it in LH. So, obviously we know what we are doing. If not, your coaches wouldn't have walked around our practices taking notes like nerds in Chemistry class.

NastySlot
11-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Well if we have/had better talent than you... wouldn't that make your version scaled down?

And considering Coach Bush at San Marcos started the Slot-T and Vance was his Defensive Coordinator at the time..... I would say that yes in fact, some on the LH coaching staff had a hand in it.

Also, it's never a good idea to talk smack about the school you haven't beaten in years. Specially when you learned EVERYTHING you are running from us. LH is pretty much Llano's daddy. I remember the days when all your coaches would pile into a truck and come watch us lift weights and practice. Then, the next week you guys would be back again to see how we do it in LH. So, obviously we know what we are doing. If not, your coaches wouldn't have walked around our practices taking notes like nerds in Chemistry class.

i think all this slot -t/ wing -t stuff comes from most of those guys being on staff at Alice in the 70'/80's...the head coach there at the time brought it from i think new mexico...all these guys now a days have a connection with him. Or at least this is story i've heard a few times.

it also my understanding that when llano was making the move to this offense they visited the san marcos staff.

Daddy D 11
11-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
it also my understanding that when llano was making the move to this offense they visited the san marcos staff.

Then the San Marcos staff said go talk to Vance and Walker because LH runs it better than everyone.

DaHop72
11-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Then the San Marcos staff said go talk to Vance and Walker because LH runs it better than everyone. Just not this year. :taunt: :taunt:

Super_R
11-06-2009, 02:44 PM

We didn't invent watching paint dry. We invented paint. We let you idiots watch it dry.

Daddy D 11
11-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Just not this year. :taunt: :taunt:

:devil:

Daddy D 11
11-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Burnet beats Canyon Lake hands down. Won't be very close. Good luck to both teams in playoffs!

Where's Wimberley play next week Coach?