PDA

View Full Version : Attention Celina Posters

coachkiss
11-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Our live show this week has been moved to Tuesday from Wednesday. It will still be on at 8:30PM.

We will have the 1st Grade football team and the Seniors on as our guests in studio. In addition, we will be updating our playoff brackets and highlighting the district races in the area that are still up for grabs.

BobcastTV Live (http://CelinaBobcast.com/BobcastTV.html)

Pendragon13
11-02-2009, 11:28 PM
"1st grade football team"...***??:confused:

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
"1st grade football team"...***??:confused:
talk about startin'em young

coachkiss
11-03-2009, 01:00 AM
You would be surprised what those kids can do. Their QB is a sharp little kid, calling audibles at the line based on the defensive formation, etc.

They know 20% of the Celina offense in first grade. I thought it might be too much at first, but I was pleasantly surprised.

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss
You would be surprised what those kids can do. Their QB is a sharp little kid, calling audibles at the line based on the defensive formation, etc.

They know 20% of the Celina offense in first grade. I thought it might be too much at first, but I was pleasantly surprised.

That little qb is sharp. All the pee wee teams are. I helped with the third grade bunch. Another undefeated season and another season where the first team d was never scored on. back to back league champs. I was really proud of the boys this year particularly as we played only 3 players consistently both ways. true team effort.

Pendragon13
11-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Wait...are we talking school affiliated 1st grade team or Pop Warner? I grew up in Texas and never heard of school district football before 7th grade. Are there other schools in the area with 1st grade teams to play against?

coachkiss
11-03-2009, 10:26 AM
The Celina Pee Wee Teams play in the Texoma Youth Football League. Sanger, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Celina, Bonham and Van Alstyne field teams at each age group.

They are not affiliated with the school, but each town only has one team at each age. Some are grade pure, but some have to combine ages to make a full team, i.e. 1st and 2nd combined, 3rd and 4th combined, etc.

Celina was the only town to have a pure 1st grade team, so they had to play 2nd grade teams all season.

Celina had 18 on the 1st grade team, 19 on the second grade, and mid 30s in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th.

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Our third grade team had 26 players. 15 from last year and 11 newbies. Boys did good. We were tampering with lineups for 5 or 6 games but winning anyway. Nobody was moving the ball on the first team d so we could play around a lot. By the end of the season even the second team d stopped the teams we played in the playoffs. Those boys learned fast. And the O was unstoppable for the most part. We usually stopped ourselves. but what do you expect from 8 year olds? They were great and fun to coach.

Daddy D 11
11-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Celina posters.. where is Bobcat1?!:(

coachkiss
11-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Bobcat1 has a new job and is pretty busy. He doesn't even get to come to the games anymore, but he listens each week on CelinaBobcast.com.

He's lurking around here somewhere.

Daddy D 11
11-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Bobcat1 has a new job and is pretty busy. He doesn't even get to come to the games anymore, but he listens each week on CelinaBobcast.com.

He's lurking around here somewhere.

I miss him.

Daddy D 11
11-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Hoping yall play somewhere south of the metroplex during the playoffs, or just east of it or something and I'll try to make it. I don't want any part of the DFW area, I've never cared for it. Always love watching Celina play though. Where's it looking like yall might play in the first round?

RPF2666
11-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Depends who we draw...Van Alstyne, likely McKinney/Frisco...

Paris...who knows?

coachkiss
11-03-2009, 06:32 PM
If it's Paris, it might be Greenville. That is an absolute shot in the dark, though.

orange machine
11-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I hope not Greenville i cant stand that place. The stadium is fine its just the atmosphere of that area the town and Hunt county in general.

Twirling Time
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Royse City is taken for Friday by Gunter-Hooks. Sulphur Springs may be another option. Personally I hope Celina plays on Thursday or Saturday so I could see the game.

orange machine
11-03-2009, 10:11 PM
It wont be on Thursday

LE Dad
11-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I hope not Greenville i cant stand that place. The stadium is fine its just the atmosphere of that area the town and Hunt county in general. Does Greenville have new turf? Last time we played there (2 yrs or so) it was bad, way past time to replace it.