PDA

View Full Version : Will somebody please explain what it'd take for AW to miss the playoffs?

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Surely atleast one of know. :thinking:

Pendragon13
11-02-2009, 08:57 PM
A UIL scandal involving ineligible players leading a forfeit of the season? Sorry, but these guys have all been playing together since they were little squirts...and their academics are up to par as well.:D

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

right now Wylie Brownwood and Graham are 3-1
and Snyder is 3-2.

If Wylie loses to Sweetwater, Graham loses to Breckenridge and Snyder beats Brownwood. Then there would be a four way tie at 3-2 and then Wylie would have to lose the tiebreaker, which I dont know what that is

Gobbla2001
11-02-2009, 09:07 PM
The Eagles getting back together...

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2009, 09:07 PM
*sigh* maybe I was the wrong poster to ask this question. I started this thread on behalf
of a Wylie poster who is also a friend of mine. So trash talk if you must but, hopefully there is
At least one Wylie poster smart enough to answer the question. :thinking:

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The Eagles getting back together...

well thenI hope Wylie misses the playoffs then

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2009, 09:09 PM
*sigh* maybe I was the wrong poster to ask this question. I started this thread on behalf
of a Wylie poster who is also a friend of mine. So trash talk if you must but, hopefully there is
At least one Wylie poster smart enough to answer the question. :thinking:

hey i gave what I thought to be an honest answer

Pendragon13
11-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
hey i gave what I thought to be an honest answer My answer was honest as well...I think the chances of Wylie missing the playoffs are too remote to even give consideration. I'm not even sure if your scenario would result in us being out since Sweetwater is not really a factor...just like Breckenridge isn't for Graham. I could be wrong, but I think Brownwood is the only one in danger if pieces fall the right way..or wrong way if you prefer.

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
My answer was honest as well...I think the chances of Wylie missing the playoffs are too remote to even give consideration. I'm not even sure if your scenario would result in us being out since Sweetwater is not really a factor...
Well I think it would be since thats the only way Wylie could get a second district loss to force the tie

LE Dad
11-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Surely atleast one of know. :thinking: Ha, since ya'll use positive points. It would take adding all of the points of the victors in the games of the teams that are tied.
Off top of my head it would be almost impossible to take Wylie out.:thinking: :doh:

Trashman
11-02-2009, 09:34 PM

I don't know, but it would take a miracle similar to Moses parting the Red Sea, for it to happen.....:D

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I am watching MNF and posting from my phone. I don't get some of the responses until I
refresh the screen two or three times. Lol

Btw. I own every song ever made by the Eagles.

But, I am more happy about STP reuniting than I ever will be about the Eagles doing so.

Pendragon13
11-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Well I think it would be since thats the only way Wylie could get a second district loss to force the tie But that would make us tied for the 3rd spot with Snyder...(assuming Snyder beats Brownwood) and we have the head to head in that case.

In other words..right now Wylie, Brownwood and Graham are in the playoffs with Snyder needing some extraordinary events to take place to get in...and Brownwood is the only one of the 3 that could possibly be left out. (since they would have 2 district losses..and one of those to Snyder)

If I am wrong..please correct me.

LE Dad
11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I am watching MNF and posting from my phone. I don't get some of the responses until I
refresh the screen two or three times. Lol

Btw. I own every song ever made by the Eagles.

But, I am more happy about STP reuniting than I ever will be about the Eagles doing so. Who says that have not clinched
They maxed Snyder and Bwd so they would be + 28 with those 2 involved. This will take WOS87 to explain .

ccmom
11-02-2009, 09:50 PM
I am the one that asked the question. I asked it on the thread that L48 posted about "who is staying home" because I couldn't see a possible scenario in which Wylie would be done. Nobody answered me there, so I I asked Red and he posted this thread.

Pendragon13
11-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I am the one that asked the question. I asked it on the thread that L48 posted about "who is staying home" because I couldn't see a possible scenario in which Wylie would be done. Nobody answered me there, so I I asked Red and he posted this thread. See my posts above...I don't think there is any way for us to miss the playoffs even if Sweetwater pulls the huge upset. At least nobody has produced a scenario that says different..

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2009, 09:55 PM
But that would make us tied for the 3rd spot with Snyder...(assuming Snyder beats Brownwood) and we have the head to head in that case.

In other words..right now Wylie, Brownwood and Graham are in the playoffs with Snyder needing some extraordinary events to take place to get in...and Brownwood is the only one of the 3 that could possibly be left out. (since they would have 2 district losses..and one of those to Snyder)

If I am wrong..please correct me.

but in my scenario graham loses to Breck too which causes a four way tie so the head to heads would be a wash woulndt they?

LE Dad
11-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I am the one that asked the question. I asked it on the thread that L48 posted about "who is staying home" because I couldn't see a possible scenario in which Wylie would be done. Nobody answered me there, so I I asked Red and he posted this thread. I don't see anyway Wylie is out. Ya'll may not be District Champs but I would think a huge disaster would have to occur. Ya'll maxed everyone but Graham so what could knock you out?

ccmom
11-02-2009, 10:00 PM
See my posts above...I don't think there is any way for us to miss the playoffs even if Sweetwater pulls the huge upset. At least nobody has produced a scenario that says different.. Which was exactly my point. I guess whoever voted that Wylie will be staying home in that other thread is smoking "crap"....as Rockee would say.

Looking4number8
11-02-2009, 10:03 PM
I am the one that asked the question. I asked it on the thread that L48 posted about "who is staying home" because I couldn't see a possible scenario in which Wylie would be done. Nobody answered me there, so I I asked Red and he posted this thread.

I think the only way for you guys to miss the play offs is for yall to admit that you have had the refs in your pocket all year, forfiet every game except the snider game (because snider sucks, always has and always will)... That would probally be best, the UIL is gonna need those Wylie coaches/3a refs in other places the next few weeks

ccmom
11-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I think the only way for you guys to miss the play offs is for yall to admit that you have had the refs in your pocket all year, forfiet every game except the snider game (because snider sucks, always has and always will)... That would probally be best, the UIL is gonna need those Wylie coaches/3a refs in other places the next few weeks Thanks for clearing that up!

Looking4number8
11-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks for clearing that up!

That's what friends are for!

grahampaw
11-02-2009, 10:16 PM
but in my scenario graham loses to Breck too which causes a four way tie so the head to heads would be a wash woulndt they? I think the Mustangs and Bucks have a heck of a shot this Friday...........and Im taking a camera because theres a good shot Bigfoot may run accross the field...........Or that the Rolling Stones do a pre-game concert.........Or that these mushrooms arent poisnous.

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
I think the Mustangs and Bucks have a heck of a shot this Friday...........and Im taking a camera because theres a good shot Bigfoot may run accross the field...........Or that the Rolling Stones do a pre-game concert.........Or that these mushrooms arent poisnous.

i dont expect SW or Breck to win, but thats the scenario i think that would have to happen for AW to miss the playoffs

Snyder_TigerFan
11-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
I think the Mustangs and Bucks have a heck of a shot this Friday...........and Im taking a camera because theres a good shot Bigfoot may run accross the field...........Or that the Rolling Stones do a pre-game concert.........Or that these mushrooms arent poisnous. :D :D

Pendragon13
11-02-2009, 10:32 PM
but in my scenario graham loses to Breck too which causes a four way tie so the head to heads would be a wash woulndt they? In the case of Wylie, Graham and Brownwood all losing this friday...Brownwood would be the only team that didn't beat Snyder. Like I said earlier..I don't know how that would wash out.

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2009, 10:34 PM
In the case of Wylie, Graham and Brownwood all losing this friday...Brownwood would be the only team that didn't beat Snyder. Like I said earlier..I don't know how that would wash out.

yeah i get what your saying, I just didnt know if the fact that Brownwood would own a victoy over Graham would come into play

Pendragon13
11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
yeah i get what your saying, I just didnt know if the fact that Brownwood would own a victoy over Graham would come into play The Wylie beats Brownwood who beats Graham who beats Wylie cancels all that out with Snyder being the only common factor....and Wylie and Graham have already beaten them. We have four teams that could do damage in the playoffs...sucks that one will have to stay home.

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2009, 10:49 PM
The Wylie beats Brownwood who beats Graham who beats Wylie cancels all that out with Snyder being the only common factor....and Wylie and Graham have already beaten them.
well we wont have to worry about that as long as wylie takes care of sweetwater

Pendragon13
11-02-2009, 10:56 PM
well we wont have to worry about that as long as wylie takes care of sweetwater I think the smart money is on everything staying just the way it is with Wylie in D1 and Brownwood/Graham in D2. Of course strange things can happen...if you had told me before last Friday that Wylie would have 8 turnovers and lose by 3...I would ask you to drop the pipe and back away slowly.:hand: :D

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I think the smart money is on everything staying just the way it is with Wylie in D1 and Brownwood/Graham in D2. Of course strange things can happen...if you had told me before last Friday that Wylie would have 8 turnovers and lose by 3...I would ask you to drop the pipe and back away slowly.:hand: :D
if someone told me that, I wouldnt ask them to drop the pipe, I would ask them to hand it over...:D

STANG RED
11-02-2009, 11:06 PM
OK, heres how its gonna go down boys and girls.

Sweetwater and Breck have huge games, and destroy the DAWGS and Steers. Both Wylie and Graham die of embarrassment and disband their football programs forever. shnydr gets whipped by THE WOOD so badly, and that shnydr suction sucks them back home, never to escape again. That leaves Brownwood as the D1 team, and Sweetwater and Breck as the D2 reps. :D

And yes, it's some top notch columbian gold. :smoker: :cool:

DaHop72
11-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Snyder needing some extraordinary events to take place to get in... Here's that Miracle on Ice scenerio again :rolleyes: with the Tigers performing the extraordinary event of beating Bwood. I guess since it happened last year, it can't happen again. Kind of like the extraordinary event of Graham beating Wylie. :doh: :doh:

garciap77
11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: