PDA

View Full Version : Van Alstyne -vs- Paris!!!!!!!!!!

eagle-one
11-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Van Alstyne -vs- Paris for the District Title, let the trash talking begin!!!!!!!!!!!

LE Dad
11-02-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't know much about VA but Paris is a good team. They have a good QB and some possession receivers. They should win this game but without really knowing much about VA no way I can pick.

waterboy
11-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Isn't Van Alstyne 9-0? Of course, their schedule is questionable at best. I think Paris wins this one, though.

catgut
11-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Isn't Van Alstyne 9-0? Of course, their schedule is questionable at best. I think Paris wins this one, though.
That makes it even better. We get to be the first to beat them!
Hope they have their track shoes because I'm betting they will do some chasing.

BobcatBenny
11-02-2009, 06:14 PM
This probably should have been the game of the week for Region 2, but you have a Celina homer running the Region 2 page. ;)

LE Dad
11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
you have a Celina homer running the Region 2 page. ;) LOL :D Thats what I thought when I first came on board but I must say I am very happy with the way the Region 2 page has been handled :clap: :clap: Great job!! Imo :cool:

CelinaCatFan
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm pulling for VA in this game! Paris has the speed. VA has the homefield advantage and momentum (9-0).

catgut
11-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I'm pulling for VA in this game! Paris has the speed. VA has the homefield advantage and momentum (9-0).
It may be homefield but I'd say the turf helps us more than the homefield helps VA. You wouldn't think Celina would have any trouble with either team, but I'd love to get the chance to play them.

CelinaCatFan
11-02-2009, 09:55 PM
VA is a better team than last year. How would you say Paris compares to last year's team?

If VA and Celina play again this year, I would expect the game to be much closer than last year.

If Paris plays Celina, Paris' speed could give the Bobcats some trouble.

catgut
11-02-2009, 10:11 PM
I think we're better at this point than we were a year ago. Our sophmore quarterback has really matured and does a great job.
Our defense had a lot of problems in predistrict but we got a 300 pound lineman back for district that's made a huge difference.
I've not seen Van Alystene play but base my opinion on the fact they've had problems with every team they've played in district. North Lamar had them beat last week and fumbled it away.

orange machine
11-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Paris will win this game by atleast 17 points. I have seen VA play once this year and they are good team, but like it has been said they have has alot of trouble in distrcit against teams that are avg. I believe that Paris is above avg for sure and will win pretty easy. Next week i think VA and Paris will have there work cut out for them.

charlesrixey
11-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
This probably should have been the game of the week for Region 2, but you have a Celina homer running the Region 2 page. ;)

lol

you don't actually believe that this game should be gotw do you? 2 of the top 4 teams in the region are playing in the other one!

I think VA might win this one, but it will be their toughest game by far

Paris is the better team, but Van Alstyne has some confidence and they know this one is huge for them

eagle-one
11-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by catgut
That makes it even better. We get to be the first to beat them!
Hope they have their track shoes because I'm betting they will do some chasing.

Don't need any track shoes, big HITS takes care of speed and makes that pigskin hard to hang onto!!!!!!

I'll take VA 20-16!!!!!!

catgut
11-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by eagle-one
Don't need any track shoes, big HITS takes care of speed and makes that pigskin hard to hang onto!!!!!!

I'll take VA 20-16!!!!!!

Maybe so, but you have to catch them to hit 'em *lol*

catgut
11-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Checking the records of each team I found that VA has given up over 30 points only one time this season. Paris has only scored fewer than 30 points only 3 times this season.
I think I saw in the newspaper where we've averaged over 40 in district. Should be an interesting matchup! Let's get it on!

LE Dad
11-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by catgut
Checking the records of each team I found that VA has given up over 30 points only one time this season. Paris has only scored fewer than 30 points only 3 times this season.
I think I saw in the newspaper where we've averaged over 40 in district. Should be an interesting matchup! Let's get it on! :clap: :clap:

:D