PDA

View Full Version : La Grange - Sweeny / Giddings - Brookshire / Sealy - Needville

36phseal
11-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Since they know they will match up in the first round, does anyone know if the first round playoff site has been determined

Know_It_All
11-02-2009, 12:43 PM
A La Grange win and Giddings loss would flip who they play in the first round. But to answer your question I have not heard anything yet.

TRENCHES06
11-02-2009, 01:30 PM
like Giddings is going to lose this week......

Pudlugger
11-02-2009, 02:29 PM
A La Grange win and Giddings win makes it a three way tie for first place at 4-1. At that point I believe it goes to the tie breaker to rank the three teams. Couldn't La Grange end up district champion if they win by enough points over Sealy? These matters get pretty technical but as I see it Giddings is -8, Sealy +12 and LG -4 in the three way. If LG comes within 3 points in a loss or wins out right they would be ranked above Giddings in a tie breaker based on points. If they win by 9 they end up +5 Sealy +4 and Giddings -8. Is this correct or just fuzzy math LOL?

Know_It_All
11-02-2009, 02:29 PM
your probably right but I was just saying that if it happened

Know_It_All
11-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
A La Grange win and Giddings win makes it a three way tie for first place at 4-1. At that point I believe it goes to the tie breaker to rank the three teams. Couldn't La Grange end up district champion if they win by enough points over Sealy? These matters get pretty technical but as I see it Giddings is -8, Sealy +12 and LG -4 in the three way. If LG comes within 3 points in a loss or wins out right they would be ranked above Giddings in a tie breaker based on points. If they win by 9 they end up +5 Sealy +4 and Giddings -8. Is this correct or just fuzzy math LOL?

Looks like you are correct in your thinking

36phseal
11-02-2009, 03:08 PM
I stand corrected on the pairings. But I may be correct on the tie breaker. If LG loses, the tie breaker will be a head-to-head with Giddings, so LG will finish 3rd. That's only if Giddings loses as well.

If there is a 3-way tie (LG and Giddings WIN) then only positive points are added up. Currently....

Sealy +12 (win over Giddings)
Giddings +4 (win over LG)
LG +? (if win over Sealy)

For LG to jump over Giddings, they would have to beat Sealy by more than 4 points.

Personally, I think it would be best to be in the runner-up bracket opposite of Sinton.

AKA CEASAR
11-02-2009, 03:36 PM
if anybody finds out a site would like to know....Hope injuries or weather don't affect these games too much...

Pudlugger
11-02-2009, 03:42 PM
So if the Leps beat Sealy by 13 they are District Champs. Cool. Make it so Leps!

AKA CEASAR
11-02-2009, 03:51 PM
considering they blew a fourth quarter lead to Giddings, don't really see them holding off Sealy the whole game either, but could be wrong you never know, but then again that's why they play the game...lol

36phseal
11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Points don't determine "District Champion." Just the seeding for the playoffs. No matter who wins by points, all three will be District Champs. Tri-Champs. But in this district, each deserve a metal of honor, a purple heart, and a hero's welcome, for surviving the weekly battle.

gtownfan
11-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 36phseal
Points don't determine "District Champion." Just the seeding for the playoffs.

Actually, don't points just determine who makes the playoffs?

After determining the 3 teams in, then you take out the D1 Rep (Sealy) and then seed Giddings/La Grange based on head-to-head and this would make Giddings the DII D25 Champ and La Grange the runner up.

Right?

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Actually, don't points just determine who makes the playoffs?

After determining the 3 teams in, then you take out the D1 Rep (Sealy) and then seed Giddings/La Grange based on head-to-head and this would make Giddings the DII D25 Champ and La Grange the runner up.

Right?

i believe so...

footballguru
11-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Some districts rank the three teams that are tied first and then remove the large school. Giddings is + 4 with a 36 -32 win over La Grange, Sealy is + 17 with a 30 - 13 win over giddings. If LG can beat Sealy by 5 then they would be + 5. If this happens the Rankings would go Sealy +17 1st, LG +5 2nd and Giddings +4 3rd. Remove Sealy and LG gets the D2 1 st place and Giddings is the d2 2nd place. I am not saying this will happen but it could. i do not know how the district 25 tiebreaker works.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-02-2009, 10:26 PM
sealy will win so it doesn't matter...:D :D :p

footballguru
11-02-2009, 10:29 PM
That might happen Blackandgold, but you still have to play and anything can happen. Last year Sealy was suppose to beat LG and they did not.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-02-2009, 10:33 PM
yes i know... im just playing around... it is going to be a great game... and friday night is going to be huge in la grange.... two great teams going at it for a distict championship... couldn't ask for a better place to be

Luv My Tigers
11-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Great game ..... yep, gotta agree. A regular cat fight between the Tigers and the Leopards -- can't wait!

Pudlugger
11-03-2009, 08:42 AM
This game will come down to which defense steps up to control the tempo. The Leopards must come out and play 4 quarters of lights out defense to win Friday night. They showed that they can play at that level for 2 1/2 quarters against Giddings. Now they need to do it for 4 quarters against Sealy. The offense will put up plenty of points so it comes down to the defense getting the stops. I'm sure the Lep coaches are working on this and they will come prepared Friday to make a statement on the field. Good luck to the Leps.

1st and goal
11-03-2009, 09:06 AM
I agree with Pud. Downey is excellent at following his downfield blocking. Lagrange D is going to have to step up and crash the party if they want to win.

AKA CEASAR
11-03-2009, 10:39 AM
If we are talking about last year didn't Sealy lose to Giddings??? Just don't see Sealy losing to La Grange...Giddings didn't play their best game against La Grange and still won. Sealy beat Giddingsby more than four, just think they will beat La Grange by at least 14 if not worse...

Body
11-03-2009, 01:50 PM
By 14,
Ur out of ur mind Ceasar.

AKA CEASAR
11-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Just saying this isn't Bexar County football and Giddings came back on La Grange and Sealy's offense is just as potent, if not more than Giddings does, so just don't see La Grange holding them off for four quarters...so once again Sealy by at least 14...Real valid point BODY...

Body
11-03-2009, 02:57 PM
By the way Cesear Chavez, I was talking about the La Grange/Sealy game. Leps win by 6. Also, BR wins 27-14.

Body
11-03-2009, 03:00 PM
La Grange passing attack will pick apart the Sealy secondary. Bellville even threw on them that first half. They will put up at least 35

GiddingsFan
11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
BR by 14? That's funny. Brookshire WHO?

SHSBulldog00
11-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan

You say that now.

BRfalconfan
11-03-2009, 08:52 PM

Haha

IHStangFan
11-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
You say that now. LOL...kinda what I was thinking. BR is no pushover...and if you can't contain their speed.....they will own you.

2-ONES
11-03-2009, 09:14 PM

In time you will know who...

IHStangFan
11-03-2009, 09:16 PM
I'd be willing to bet that Royal is the fastest team in D26 hands down. It would seem also, that they are gelling at the right time. I'm actually kinda worried about this game Friday.....my Jays and the Falcons. :(

IHStangFan
11-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Just for comparison sake....

Sealy 64
BR 37

Sealy 30
Giddings 18

BR gave up more points to Sealy, but also scored a lot more.....so....

I'm just saying....I wouldn't count them out against Giddings if that is in fact the matchup that takes place.

BRfalconfan
11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Just for comparison sake....

Sealy 64
BR 37

Sealy 30
Giddings 18

BR gave up more points to Sealy, but also scored a lot more.....so....

I'm just saying....I wouldn't count them out against Giddings if that is in fact the matchup that takes place.

I agree on your point but same teams mean nothing really anymore becuase giddings beat la grange by 4 when needville lost to la grane by 6 I think and then needville got beat 28 to 6 by sweeny who won by luck against royal by 5 so mutal teams mean nothing

gameface
11-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Blackngold4life? How about purple-n-gold 4 one night!!?? I'll spot you the family purple spirit wig, purple shirt and six reserved seats this Friday night if you like! oh, and a box of tissues when your prediction doesn't play out. See you 3rd or 4th round buffy!

IHStangFan
11-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
I agree on your point but same teams mean nothing really anymore becuase giddings beat la grange by 4 when needville lost to la grane by 6 I think and then needville got beat 28 to 6 by sweeny who won by luck against royal by 5 so mutal teams mean nothing agreed.....it was just for argument sake. Games come down to matchups between the two teams....comparing scores between like opponents is only scratching the surface. BUT...my point was...BR can score on anyone fast and often.

Crasher
11-04-2009, 11:25 AM
did we ever figure out who will play who in district 26 and 25 ? or is there still things to play out before we know?

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by gameface
Blackngold4life? How about purple-n-gold 4 one night!!?? I'll spot you the family purple spirit wig, purple shirt and six reserved seats this Friday night if you like! oh, and a box of tissues when your prediction doesn't play out. See you 3rd or 4th round buffy!

:fnypost: haha never.... and you can keep the tissues :D ....haha

hookandladder
11-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
did we ever figure out who will play who in district 26 and 25 ? or is there still things to play out before we know?

Still up in the air, will not know who plays who til game is over Friday night. Depending on who wins LG-Sealy and if LG wins depends on points, no head to head with Giddings.

2 krunk
11-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
I agree on your point but same teams mean nothing really anymore becuase giddings beat la grange by 4 when needville lost to la grane by 6 I think and then needville got beat 28 to 6 by sweeny who won by luck against royal by 5 so mutal teams mean nothing

So Sweeny's win was luck???????

BRfalconfan
11-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 2 krunk
So Sweeny's win was luck???????

Yea and if royal would have won it would have been luck too

GiddingsFan
11-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Hookandladder I think you might have it wrong. If LG wins, they still have one loss and we beat them. So Sealy will be D1 no matter what. Doesn't go to points. If LG wins, the best thing that does happen is we are tied for district champs.

Body
11-04-2009, 03:13 PM
How many points does La Grange have to win by to be a higher seed than Giddings?

36phseal
11-04-2009, 03:16 PM
If LG wins by more than 4, then they will be the higher seed.

AKA CEASAR
11-04-2009, 03:34 PM
keep dreaming !!Body!!!....Sorry to ruin it for you way over there in Bexar county, but La Grange isn't winning....sorry..

AKA CEASAR
11-04-2009, 03:36 PM
If Giddings and BR play then La Grange and Sweeny would play...so does anybody thing La Grange will win that one....I don't

TRENCHES06
11-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by AKA CEASAR
If Giddings and BR play then La Grange and Sweeny would play...so does anybody thing La Grange will win that one....I don't

WHAT??!! Why not?

La Grange is playing Sweeny regardless of Friday's outcome.
Location is being worked out.

Body
11-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey Chavez, For the LAST!!!!! time
La Grange WINS by 10.
Mark IT DOWN

GiddingsFan
11-04-2009, 04:09 PM
La Grange is playing Sweeny regardless of Friday's outcome.
Location is being worked out. [/B][/QUOTE]

I keep on trying to say that! Seeding already figured out no matter if LG beats Sealy or not... which I hope they do...

hookandladder
11-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Hookandladder I think you might have it wrong. If LG wins, they still have one loss and we beat them. So Sealy will be D1 no matter what. Doesn't go to points. If LG wins, the best thing that does happen is we are tied for district champs.

That is what I thought also that it would go back to head to head however heard that in the District rules it goes by points if LG wins Friday. Trenches06 said it is a done deal that we do play Sweeny so I would think Trenches06 has the updated info., Sweeny has to be a good team to beat Needville so we will be in a dogfight.

Pudlugger
11-04-2009, 05:35 PM
As long as the Leps beat sealy Friday night I don't care whether they play BR or Sweeny.

The Leps have a score to settle with both those teams. In 2002 we had a wonderfully talented athletic kid who I used to admire in youth soccer, pee wee basketball and little league. He was a year behind my son in school. Both his parents were coaches in La Grange. He was a natural athlete. In his sophomore year he was competing for starting tailback and we scrimmaged BR in late August at Royal HS. He was tackled after a 6 yard gain then after the whistle five or six BR players jumped on the pile. He broke his ankle in several places. It was so bad he had to give up sports. Nothing would please me more than to watch the Leps take BR to the wood shed and give them a good old country thrashing.:mad:

Sweeny just plain rolled the Leps in round 1 2006 with that Tank Carter fella that is making heads turn at TCU these days. I would like to see the Leps return the favor this year. Go Leps.

TRENCHES06
11-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
As long as the Leps beat sealy Friday night I don't care whether they play BR or Sweeny.

The Leps have a score to settle with both those teams. In 2002 we had a wonderfully talented athletic kid who I used to admire in youth soccer, pee wee basketball and little league. He was a year behind my son in school. Both his parents were coaches in La Grange. He was a natural athlete. In his sophomore year he was competing for starting tailback and we scrimmaged BR in late August at Royal HS. He was tackled after a 6 yard gain then after the whistle five or six BR players jumped on the pile. He broke his ankle in several places. It was so bad he had to give up sports. Nothing would please me more than to watch the Leps take BR to the wood shed and give them a good old country thrashing.:mad:

Sweeny just plain rolled the Leps in round 1 2006 with that Tank Carter fella that is making heads turn at TCU these days. I would like to see the Leps return the favor this year. Go Leps.

This time it would be Wilkerson making the heads turn ;)

gameface
11-04-2009, 09:27 PM
I've been told that we are a lock with Sweeny. Should know tomorrow am playoff location-i believe sites were being confirmed today! Sealy is division I and LG and Giddings division II-a win yields 3 way tie for 1st in D25! Who cares who's 1st, 2nd or 3rd specifically!! The letter jacket patch is same size and same description-District Champs(Football) 2009. LG has ability to win this friday night over Sealy if plays all 4 quarters. We are talented on both sides of the ball-play full out and play smart equals Lep victory. Prediction: this will be Wilkerson's best game statistically of the season-Sealy may want to talk to TCU and recruit Tank!

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-04-2009, 09:32 PM
If sealy shows up and plays all four quaters ( and they will ) well than sealy will roll...

SHSBulldog00
11-04-2009, 10:27 PM
I have heard 3 possible locations for Sweeny/La Grange:

Waller
El Campo
Victoria

Are there any other's?

AKA CEASAR
11-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Well don't think La Grange will win against Sealy or Sweeny....and as for the BR matchup, just think both teams have more speed than they can handle, but once again the Sealy game will be a picture of what Sweeny could do to La Grange when they play....Don't take it out of context Sweeny is not better than Sealy, but have some of the same tools....La Grange will lose the next two games....sorry, but that's just how the cookie crumbles...has anybody heard of a site for the Giddings/Br game....

AKA CEASAR
11-05-2009, 12:28 PM

I'm saying Giddings and BR is a lock in and so is the La Grange and Sweeny game....just wondering since ya'll are soo confident bout beating Sealy, just wondering how ya'll felt bout the first round????

Does this make more sense Trench???

BRfalconfan
11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Well don't think La Grange will win against Sealy or Sweeny....and as for the BR matchup, just think both teams have more speed than they can handle, but once again the Sealy game will be a picture of what Sweeny could do to La Grange when they play....Don't take it out of context Sweeny is not better than Sealy, but have some of the same tools....La Grange will lose the next two games....sorry, but that's just how the cookie crumbles...has anybody heard of a site for the Giddings/Br game....

Im hearing waller for br and giddings not sure if its there or not

hookandladder
11-05-2009, 01:45 PM

I'm saying Giddings and BR is a lock in and so is the La Grange and Sweeny game....just wondering since ya'll are soo confident bout beating Sealy, just wondering how ya'll felt bout the first round????

Does this make more sense Trench???

I have not read any post on here that says we are soo confident about beating Sealy, who is your team playing this week and next.

Pudlugger
11-05-2009, 01:52 PM

You give your self much too much credit as a football analyst if you think the Leopards do not have enough speed to defend Sealy or Sweeny. It is pretty hard to be credible when someone who has not seen La Grange play this year talks about how slow they are in comparison to two other teams in D26. Actually the Leps have more speed this year than in years past including some of the deep run teams of the millennium years. Other factors in match ups weigh heavily in outcomes beyond raw speed anyway. This Lep team plays well together with good fundamentals. I am optimistic that they will get the job done tomorrow and go into the playoffs with the wind at their backs.

sTx
11-05-2009, 03:11 PM
i think they will be fired up for the first round after this week.........:devil:

Pudlugger
11-05-2009, 09:09 PM
The Lep defense will be ready. Go Leps! Stop Downey and Company. :D

SHSBulldog00
11-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I have heard 3 possible locations for Sweeny/La Grange:

Waller
El Campo
Victoria

Are there any other's?

Another possible is Rhodes Stadium in Katy. Coaches are to meet on Saturday.

IHStangFan
11-05-2009, 10:44 PM
I love playoff time!!!! :clap:

AKA CEASAR
11-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Just saying Giddings came back and handled ya'll...why do you think Sealy wont do the same thing to the Leps???? This is a district game for the district championship...don't see Sealy laying up so the Leps can just to take the district title. Either way good luck and we will see how ya'll do...good luck...

TRENCHES06
11-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Giddings would beat Sealy 9 outta 10 times...

Pudlugger
11-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Sealy fans are very confident I see. That's good. Supporting your home team is something we all do on this board. I for one am confident too...in a Lep victory of course.:D

AKA CEASAR
11-06-2009, 01:00 PM
9 out of 10 is wishful thinking....but none the less the Leps will not win...only hope they make it a game...

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Giddings would beat Sealy 9 outta 10 times...

well they only play once a year and sealy got it done and yall didn't... with that said, should be a great game tonight... i can't wait for it to start... 7:30= best time ever

sTx
11-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Just saying Giddings came back and handled ya'll...why do you think Sealy wont do the same thing to the Leps???? This is a district game for the district championship...don't see Sealy laying up so the Leps can just to take the district title. Either way good luck and we will see how ya'll do...good luck...

:clap: good stuff ceasar

gameface
11-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Friends, Romans and Ceasar-lend my your ears: Leps did not prevail tonight but this was a great warmup for the playoffs. Your allowed to be wrong Ceasar-you'll see after LG victory next week! As for Buffs-BR in 1st round, consider that a gift. La Vernia in 2nd round-better strap on your boots fella-the Bears are tough. Bad garlic breathe with the ceasar salad prediction!!

Pudlugger
11-07-2009, 01:40 AM
:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

Pudlugger
11-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Yeah Buffs, strap on your boots or whatever. You can do it.:D

fanofthegame
11-07-2009, 02:05 AM
if i'm not mistaken, giddings vs. b.r. in first round with winner facing the winner of luling vs. yok'em game. pearsall has a bye and they face winner of sinton vs. ??? game. the winner of all of this mess will face the winner of lagrange, sweeny, lavern, etc.... and will be your reg. 4 champ to face the reg. 3 champ in the semi's. whewwww, that was a mess to get out. lol

IHStangFan
11-16-2009, 12:08 AM
BR by 14? That's funny. Brookshire WHO? Now you know. ;)