PDA

View Full Version : Everman Or Kennedale

JWALKER
10-28-2002, 08:43 AM
After friday nights game against Everman my opinion of the team was wrong. They came into friday night and with their talenent could made it a very long night. Godley does not have the talent to play in this district. But the UIL in their wisdom put us there. We have Played Kennedale, Glen Rose, Everman and Everman and Glen Rose both have more class than Kennedale. I belive that what the coaches have taught in Everman and with the talent they have, this is what makes them able to play the same week in and week out. Now some of the fans and people on this board should take a few lessons from their varsity and coaching staff.

this is the way we ball
10-28-2002, 09:19 AM
Let me get this straight.. You are bashing the coach from Kennedale. The same coach that took Godley to the playoffs. Now that he is gone ya'll don't win a game.

Once again people are attacking Kennedale's class. What did they do that would cause you to make such a statement? :mad:

CHSREDTITAN
10-28-2002, 09:30 AM
I have to say that Everman was alot classier than Kennedale. Kennedale wasn't a horrible team but they were alot less respectable than Everman is. Everman has earned alot of respect due to their ability and their conduct.

Matthew328
10-28-2002, 09:31 AM
I don't understand why everyone says Kennedale is classless?? I just haven't seen it.....am I missing something?? I know Coach Barrett and Coach Polk and I know for a fact they are class people who run a class program....I've seen nothing but class from Kennedale..

cts76325i
10-28-2002, 10:03 AM
like i have said before i don't believe that all of kennedale is classless i just believe they have a few rotten apples. the reason most people don't see it is because they aren't on teh field.

cts76325i
10-28-2002, 10:03 AM
like i have said before i don't believe that all of kennedale is classless i just believe they have a few rotten apples. the reason most people don't see it is because they aren't on teh field.

JWALKER
10-28-2002, 10:56 AM
this is the way we ball:
Let me get this straight.. You are bashing the coach from Kennedale. The same coach that took Godley to the playoffs. Now that he is gone ya'll don't win a game.

Once again people are attacking Kennedale's class. What did they do that would cause you to make such a statement? :mad:

JWALKER
10-28-2002, 11:10 AM
this is the way we ball:

Once again people are attacking Kennedale's class. What did they do that would cause you to make such a statement? :mad: What did they Do?
They like Everman knew they had the talent and numbers to run away with the game. But unlike Everman they were penalized for some stupid mistakes. They not only wanted to win but they wanted to make it very ugly since Barrett and GISD did not part on the best of terms. They were up by over 50 points and continued to have several penalites due to stupid mistakes. The Refs made a comment that Godley should be the one taking the cheap shots not Kennedale. Also this was the week that several games were halted due to weather, Insead of talking to the Refs, Barrett walked out on the field like he owned it and told our coach the game needed to be stoped. Which was agreed on till the weather passed. Also at halftime Barrett wanted to have Godley Forfit the rest of the game, Weather winning or losing the teams should have the right to play the game and have fun. I am not saying that Barrett is not a good coach, he is, But his sportsmanship is not as good as some.

this is the way we ball
10-28-2002, 02:36 PM
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong you don't have a clue do you? No one tried to stop the game, no one walked out on the field like he owned it(Which Kennedale DID own the field it was 55-0 at the half)Why would Kennedale want the game to be stopped? Our J.V. still needed to play.

What makes you think he parted on bad terms? He had a chance to better his position as a coach. What did you want him to do stay and not win a game or go compete for a state championship? I don't know about you, but I know what I would do.

You are right, the players from Kennedale did get some stupid penalties just ask your punt returner. However, you have no idea what happened to that kid at practice on Monday.

You are attempting to slander an excellent coach with facts that are misconstrued. Maybe you got hit too hard and you weren't real sure of the situation. I can promise you this, if Kennedale had no class we would have asked your school to install another scoreboard that would hold a 100. Kennedale only scored 7 points the second half. A simple thank you would have been appropriate. Good luck to you number 53. :cool:

JWALKER
10-28-2002, 02:59 PM
this is the way we ball:
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong you don't have a clue do you? No one tried to stop the game, no one walked out on the field like he owned it(Which Kennedale DID own the field it was 55-0 at the half)Why would Kennedale want the game to be stopped? Our J.V. still needed to play.

What makes you think he parted on bad terms? He had a chance to better his position as a coach. What did you want him to do stay and not win a game or go compete for a state championship? I don't know about you, but I know what I would do.

You are right, the players from Kennedale did get some stupid penalties just ask your punt returner. However, you have no idea what happened to that kid at practice on Monday.

You are attempting to slander an excellent coach with facts that are misconstrued. Maybe you got hit too hard and you weren't real sure of the situation. I can promise you this, if Kennedale had no class we would have asked your school to install another scoreboard that would hold a 100. Kennedale only scored 7 points the second half. A simple thank you would have been appropriate. Good luck to you number 53. :cool: This just what I was talking about, I never said that barrett was a bad coach. I just said that Everman has more class. In regards to stopping the game, There was several ADULTS that heard this including myself. I hold Barrett in high regards in his ability to Coach and do not hold any hard feelings to him leaving. He did what was best for him and his faimly. In regards to Kennedale and Everman and all the rest, it is just a game and in just a few short years it will be history. :D

JWALKER
10-28-2002, 03:01 PM
this is the way that we ball,

I am not who you think I am, I am not in your program from the Godley game.

DISLIGAF
10-28-2002, 03:28 PM
JWalker one of the benefits of high school football is the lesson of hard work. Before you evaluate another coach I believe you need to evaluate lessons being taught in a program that you might have some say so in, or do the patrons in Godley listen to you about as much a the patrons of Down Low do?

JWALKER
10-28-2002, 03:37 PM
This is not about Barrett, it is about the team as a whole. Remember it is a team sport. This is just an opinion about two different programs that I have had the chance to watch. If you are getting upset then maybe you should look at the man in the mirror.

DISLIGAF
10-28-2002, 03:46 PM
JWalker are you using the word "program" loosely.

evebulldog01
10-28-2002, 06:56 PM
Matthew, from what I understand the Coach Barrett and James Polk that so many Everman fans rember have really changed. I don't know if you got a chance to read the article in the dlalas morning after Kennedale beat us but it basically stated that Polk said that while he will always be a Bulldog he is now a wildcat. I wanted to belive him about the Bulldog part but his own statements left me with a lot of doubt. He stated that one of the things he always liked about coach Barrett was the fact that he was willing to give up a good thing to go get a better one. He most certainly has done He was slated to be the head coach for our track team the year it won state but decided to go to Godley instead. He took Godley to the playofs and that was followed with him going on to Kennedale. James was offered a coaching position in Everman on both the freshmen and varsity team but he thought he was to good for that and went to Kennedale. As This is the way we ball has stated this is not the first attack that has been posted on Kennedale's lack of class. In one of his other statements the only thing in common with the teams complaining about the class lessness of Kennedale have been tems that lost to them. Maybe there is something to this staement but the fact that out of seven teams in district Three of the Five that Kennedale has played have had complaints on here about their lack of class. The only ones not to are Venus and Carter-Riverside last time I checked their weren't any posters on here from Carter-Riverside. I'm curious as to what the Venus fans have to say?

Wildcat2004
10-28-2002, 10:34 PM
JWALKER tO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ABOUT BARRETT. HE DID NOT NOT ASK GODLEY TO FORFEIT THE GAME. THE OFFICIAL ASK BARRETT TO GO TELL THE GODLEY COACH THERE WAS LIGHTNING DETECTED IN THE AREA. AND AS FAR AS BARRETT RUNNING THE SCORE UP, IF ANYTHING HE FELT SORRY FOR GODLEY KIDS OR HE WOULD HAVE LEFT HIS VARSITY IN, INSTEAD OF TAKING THEM OUT BEFORE HALFTIME.YOU ACT LIKE YOU PLAYED FOR BARRETT, BUT WE KNOW YOU DIDN'T OR YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT KIND OF MAN HE IS. I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GETTING INFORMATION, BUT YOU ARE WRONG. AS FOR evebulldog01 BARRETT WAS NOT OUR HEAD TRACK COACH AT EVERMAN, WHEN HE LEFT AND WENT TO GODLEY. ALSO COACH POLK WAS NEVER OFFERED A JOB AT EVERMAN. COACH POLK WANTS EVERMAN AND KENNEDALE TO BOTH BE SUCESSFUL. HE WOULD LIKE TO SEE BOTH TEAMS TO WIN STATE, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT KIND OF PERSON HE IS.

evebulldog01
10-28-2002, 11:05 PM
Check you sources wildcat 2004 its in the Dalls Morning News. And they received their information right form if you'll excuse the term (the horses mouth.)

Matthew328
10-28-2002, 11:18 PM
Maybe Coach Barrett was offered the track job at Everman the year they won state in 4A 95 I think..but put yourself in his position...head football coach at a 2A school or head track coach at a 4A school?? I'd take the 2A job because of the chance to move up...obviously it was the right move..I think Coach Barrett wanted to be a head football coach and not a track coach...that is just my opinion..heck if I saw a good thing I'd take it also..as for Coach Polk I don't know if he was offered a job or not at Everman..maybe he was..maybe he wasn't..remember he was always close to Coach Barrett and I remember him going to Godley and helping him out many times..so maybe he felt some loyalty towards him? I wish Coach Polk woulda taken a job at Everman but who am I to say?? LOL He is obviously a good coach and a good person and I am sure he wants Everman to win as much as he wants Kennedale to win!

evebulldog01
10-28-2002, 11:21 PM
Also wildcat2004 did you go to Evrman or something becuase you stated that he wasn't suppose to be your head coach. Unless you graduated form Everman how would you know. I have nothing aginst Kennedale I wish you all a lot of luck the rest of the way I hope you guys realize how lucky you are to have gotten both of these guys. Or at least thats how i wish to rember them. i didn't graduate till 2001 from everman but my parents have worked in the district for over 25 yrs each and I rember my dad taking me to go watch James play in highschool, and me thinking wow is he ever good. I also rember being introduced to coach Barrett as well. I understand the whole bettering yourself in life bit I mean otherwise I wouldn't have gone to college. I only hope when I graduate in two years with my Masters in Education I rember all of the people who helped to get me there not just the most influential.

this is the way we ball
10-30-2002, 11:15 AM
What are you trying to say?

this is the way we ball
10-30-2002, 11:17 AM
Sorry. When you said that James thought he was too good to go to Everman, what is that supposed to mean?

evebulldog01
10-30-2002, 11:53 AM
I'm not trying to say anything other than to express just a little frustration that one of our former players turned down a position with us for a position with one of our biggest rivals. Thats all. Just venting a little frustration out thats it been a very long week at school three papes over 10 pages each a tests in each of my classes two projects due and add to that my normal outside work of close to 40 hrs. a week. I had to vent a little frustration I just happened to use James as my scape goat in this case it was wrong of me I realize.

evebulldog01
10-30-2002, 12:30 PM
I have a question for the Kennedale fans why is it ok for you all to talk trash and try to belittle everyone else in district and yet when anyone questions Kennedale or begins to talk trash you get so offensive. Jeez if I flew off the handle everytime someone started to talk trash about Everman I would never get anything done. I hate to break it to you but welcome to the club of hated teams. Welcome to what Everman has put up with daily for the past two seasons. It's not as much fun when you have the bullseye on your chest is it. When you are one of the best teams in the state everyone has something to say about you and about half the time it is praise the other half of the time well just be glad you haven't had the ratial slurs to deal with. For years our guys have been called every name in the book and we don't retaliate in any other way then where it hurts them the most the score board. I'm sure for a lot of Kennedale fans I'm just some stupid college kid who tries to start stuff. I can assure that is never my intentions I simply like many others have a few questions about your team. I guess the way my words come out just happens to sting a little bit more and for that I'm sorry. As I've said before and will say agian congratulations to Kennedale on their great season so far I wish you luck on the rest of your season and lets take two state titles back to district 8-3A.

this is the way we ball
10-30-2002, 02:36 PM
First of all, I have a lot of fun on this board talking trash. No one takes it personal. Then YOU get on this board and start putting actual names of people. It's one thing to state your opinion of a team, but when you start spreading rumors of coaches on this board you are endangering their future. You don't think people over at Kennedale don't know who you are? I think things would be better if we just stopped this particular subject here and now!