PDA

View Full Version : Its going to to be a rough day here

mwynn05
11-02-2009, 11:11 AM
We had an athlete who just recently moved to arkansas who we found out this morning passed away yesterday..he was marshallese and we have about 20% of our school that is marshallese and if you know anything about their culture they are all really close so its going to be a really tough day here for all of us...small school only about 200 kids so everyone knows each other

slpybear the bullfan
11-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
We had an athlete who just recently moved to arkansas who we found out this morning passed away yesterday..he was marshallese and we have about 20% of our school that is marshallese and if you know anything about their culture they are all really close so its going to be a really tough day here for all of us...small school only about 200 kids so everyone knows each other

Thinking of you guys and praying. We lost a student this year and it has been very sad...

Pendragon13
11-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Marshallese as in "Marshall Islands"? 20% is an awful lot for such a sparsely populated part of the world to have that many kids in a Texas high school. Btw..what school are we talking about? Your location shows Burleson which is the Elks. In any case, that is terrible to hear, and especially someone so young with their entire life ahead of them. What happened?

mwynn05
11-02-2009, 11:15 AM
he wasnt in my class...well besides athletics but he was in my room a lot

LE Dad
11-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear bout that. Tragedy to lose a kid, especially in such a close knit group. :(

pirate4state
11-02-2009, 11:19 AM
:( Sorry to hear Mark. Will be prayer for you & your kids.

mwynn05
11-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Marshallese as in "Marshall Islands"? 20% is an awful lot for such a sparsely populated part of the world to have that many kids in a Texas high school. Btw..what school are we talking about? Your location shows Burleson which is the Elks. In any case, that is terrible to hear, and especially someone so young with their entire life ahead of them. What happened? yeah marshall islands...i live in burleson and drive to keene everyday