PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 10 GotW: #5 Argyle (9-0) vs. #18 Celina (6-3)

charlesrixey
11-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Both teams are already in the playoffs, but neither one wants to go in after a loss. Both also have a chance to play each other again.

If Celina wins, Prosper, Celina and Argyle will share the district title; if not, Argyle will win it outright for the first time.

BILLYFRED0000
11-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Made some changes on defense due to injuries. Kinda tough to say what the d will do this week. O looks solid enough but IMHO the issue this year has been the D allowing too many big plays.

coachkiss
11-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Going into the Gainesville game, Celina had allowed 19 touchdowns on the year, 10 of those came from 30+ yards out. Celina had scored 28 touchdowns with 7 of those coming from 30+ yards out.

Now, those numbers have changed a little with Simmons and Sandler scoring from a ways out vs. Gainesville, and Whitesboro's touchdown was from 1 yard out (following a long run). However, the percentage of touchdowns given up on the long play has to be disconcerting to the Celina coaches.

bowleghorses
11-02-2009, 09:35 AM
If I don't make it up there for the Prosper-Gainsville Game,I will listen to this one on celinabobcast.com. I bet it will be a good one.:doh:

BILLYFRED0000
11-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Going into the Gainesville game, Celina had allowed 19 touchdowns on the year, 10 of those came from 30+ yards out. Celina had scored 28 touchdowns with 7 of those coming from 30+ yards out.

Now, those numbers have changed a little with Simmons and Sandler scoring from a ways out vs. Gainesville, and Whitesboro's touchdown was from 1 yard out (following a long run). However, the percentage of touchdowns given up on the long play has to be disconcerting to the Celina coaches.

We could go into details on the Monster 44 and how to play the spread or why it is not working and I could arm chair coach this and tell you what I would do. Comes down to one thing tho. It is an issue of deciding what kind of team you want to be. A fresh team in the fourth quarter or the best team you can be. I believe that we have to have a couple of two way players from the O on D to assist in the top speed of the team to cut down on big plays. But My only coaching credentials are assistant to my pee wee's. On the other had we have back to back superbowls as second and third grade and two undefeated seasons. And the first team D was not scored upon this year. (just wanted to brag on the boys. They were terrific this year).

thelegend02
11-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Is this game being played in Argyle or Celina???

BILLYFRED0000
11-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by thelegend02
Is this game being played in Argyle or Celina???

Argyle. Short drive tho. Celina will be there. Bout an hour away.
I talked to a couple of boys at church last nite and they are really taking argyle seriously. They seem to want the W.

Rocket
11-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Argyle. Short drive tho. Celina will be there. Bout an hour away.
I talked to a couple of boys at church last nite and they are really taking argyle seriously. They seem to want the W.

It's always good when a team takes a 9-0 team seriously and wants to win. LOL :thinking:

gatordaze
11-02-2009, 10:39 AM
You missed the point of not needing the win. Argyle might decide that they don't want to get anyone hurt and play conservative. Celina might decide that VA in the first round is a better match up than Paris or that Paris might be better suited to knock off Argyle in round 1. Lots to potentially think about....

Nevermind lets just kick the crap out of em!

All indications are that it is a pretty even match up.

thelegend02
11-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Argyle beat Prosper.
Prosper beat Celina.
I'm going with Argyle in this one with #15 having a big game.

bowleghorses
11-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by thelegend02
Argyle beat Prosper.
Prosper beat Celina.
I'm going with Argyle in this one with #15 having a big game.

Them Argyle boys better not look at it in such a simple way. Celina could sneak up and hang a big "L" on them.:D :D :D

firstdown
11-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Them Argyle boys better not look at it in such a simple way. Celina could sneak up and hang a big "L" on them.:D :D :D

Them "Argyle Boys" are taking Celina very seriously. They have always had our number we have no right to overlook anyone. That being said we have a much better team than we have had in the past. Very balanced, not a weak spot in the bunch. It will be nice to finally get the orange bloods at our place. Should be a good game, good luck to all.

BILLYFRED0000
11-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by firstdown
Them "Argyle Boys" are taking Celina very seriously. They have always had our number we have no right to overlook anyone. That being said we have a much better team than we have had in the past. Very balanced, not a weak spot in the bunch. It will be nice to finally get the orange bloods at our place. Should be a good game, good luck to all.

Yes and ditto. Good bunch all around from Argyle. Classy program and good one too. This one could be a good one. I am pulling for the boys. If we can win this one that bodes well for the playoffs. I do not think there is a better d 2 region 2 team than Argyle right now.

Sittin & Fishin
11-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Obviously, the game doesn't mean much with regards to playoffs, and seeding is not that much of a difference in a lot of peoples eyes. This will be a pride game only.

Obviously both teams want to win. Argyle wants to beat Celina and win district for the first time. Celina wants to beat Argyle and regain a sense of dominance in the district.

Obviously, both teams want momentum going into the playoffs and a win in this game would do it.

Obviously, the coaches for both teams DO NOT want to get anyone hurt in a game that doesn't mean anything regarding playoff implications. This will be a tough call for the coaches. Do you play a player who is dinged up, or let him get healthy for the playoffs? Celina has a lot of players on that health bubble, but the boys absolutely want to play in this game even if they are dinged.

Obviously, both teams expect to play each other again within three or four weeks in the playoffs. Even though that can be very dangerous attitude, does that effect the way these teams go at it this week or not?

Obviously, this game comes down to passing. Can Celina get pressure on the Argyle QB in their passing attack, and can Arglyle shut down Celina's running attack and turn them into a passing team? Or, it also may come down to running, blocking, tackling, corner and saftey coverage, turnovers, penalties, center/QB exchange, making catches, the kicking game, execution, desire, special teams, eye gouging, discipline, conditioning, emotions, coaching, injuries, weather conditions, cramps, starting field position, the flu, good luck, bad luck, dumb luck, academic elligability, officiating, irregularity, the quality of the pep ralley, the pregame meal (and hoping nobody gets food poisoning), a good spot, a bad spot, the motivational run through sign to start the game, the customary grabbing twisting and/or punching of private parts in the bottom of a pile, a player getting distracted by a pretty girl in the stands, clock management, a bad ankle taping job that causes blisters, slickness of the footballs, temperature of locker rooms, the fact that these are 15-16-17-18 year old boys, and the unexpected but all important fluke play that can change the outcome of any game.

It should be obvious whose going to win.

bowleghorses
11-02-2009, 12:27 PM
If I got a kid that is really hurt,I'd sit him out. If not, I'd play to win 100%.Seems like kids get hurt more often when you don't give it 100%. Also the momentum and the sychological effect on winning this game will help in the playoffs.

charlesrixey
11-02-2009, 01:19 PM
If I got a kid that is really hurt,I'd sit him out. If not, I'd play to win 100%.Seems like kids get hurt more often when you don't give it 100%. Also the momentum and the sychological effect on winning this game will help in the playoffs.

i think this game is more important for celina-Argyle will likely be in the quarterfinals, but if Celina doesn't win then i think mentally that could be a big hit confidence wise

PHOP
11-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Good Kids on both teams - Prosper is pulling for Celina :stirpot: however I doubt if Celina can stop the Argyle pass and the Argyle D is good against the run. Celina only has is a running game.

Wish Argyle would go D1 so we can play you again...that would be a game!

Good luck to both teams - Time to get ready for the playoffs :taunt:

bowleghorses
11-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Now I'm excited...Just found out I get to go to the Prosper-Gainsville game. I'll try and listen to the Celina-Argyle game on the radio. What station carries the game if any? Man it will take forever to drive that 7 hours.:inlove:

bowleghorses
11-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey PHOP where are ya'll located. I lived in Prosper in '04 But I don't remember seeing ya'll. I might have to try ya'll out.

PHOP
11-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey PHOP where are ya'll located. I lived in Prosper in '04 But I don't remember seeing ya'll. I might have to try ya'll out.

PHOP is a referance to the offensive line - When they pancake an opponent. Play on words not a real food joint

Can also mean Prosper House of Pain!

bowleghorses
11-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Damb, and I was hungry for some pancakes after Prosper puts some pain on Gainsville. Guess I'll have to go to the Cotten Gin.

orange machine
11-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Coach Ford will put the best product on the field friday night and play them until the final second comes off the clock if Celina has a chance to win the game. I think Celina needs to win this game very bad from a mental stand point. Celina has yet to beat a ranked team this year and they really need to get this one going into the playoffs in my opinion. I think this week will give everybody a good idea of how good the Bobcat will do in the post season.

d0tc0m
11-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Argyle is in my opinion the undisputed #1 team in region 2 d2, and actually, the best team in the top half of the bracket period. That said, Celina will not go into this game looking ahead at all. Whether we are in the playoffs or not, Coach Ford and the boys will go out and give it their all. We have always taken pride in winning, no matter the situation, and this game will be no different. I agree with what others have said in that this is a big game for Celina in terms of confidence. This would give the boys a huge boost in momentum heading into the playoffs, and everyone knows what happens when the boys in orange start clicking on all cylinders in the postseason. I wish I could make it in for this game, but I'm heading to Springfield, MO for a 7on7 tournament. Praise the Lord playoff football is right around the corner!!!

rolltider
11-03-2009, 01:19 AM
I am going with Celina on this one. Argyle beat Prosper by 3 not exactly a beating. Prosper beat Celina but the game was really close til the 4th quarter. Celina has had time to make adjustments and they are hungry to earn back respect. Argyle is a very solid team and well coached. I just think Celina wants the respect back and this game is the ticket.

It really will be about who wants it the most!

orange machine
11-03-2009, 01:35 AM
I think this is the biggest game of the year for Celina.

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2009, 09:11 AM
The boys will have to play defense this week. No big plays. I will wait to see what Coach has in mind. sure do wish I could watch a practice this week for a tease at least.

bowleghorses
11-03-2009, 09:25 AM
It will be interesting how this game plays out. If I would be coaching this game,I would want the other coach to say "ah crap,we have to play those guys again" pure SMASH:mad: MOUTH football. I would want their QB to be shaking in his shoes.

MoveInDad
11-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I got the impression watching the Whitesboro game, that it was more of a warm up for Argyle... some fine tuning of the passing the game.
That said, they'll need to be more creative, looking to at least the 2nd, if not 3rd receiver when the coverage dictates, and that means the quarterback being set up to throw the ball quicker... less bootlegging rollouts.
Notwithstanding the long runs allowed on defense, IMHO the passing game will be key for Celina in this match-up...everybody knows Celina is going to run the ball predominately.
Going to be hard-hitting game for sure, hope ALL the kids walk off the field in the end.
Celina by 2

Old&Crusty
11-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Argyle should win this. Celina needs a little more speed and size to get back on top. Argyle is solid and firing on all cylinders. If Celina wins, it should be close, Argyle could win big like Prosper. No matter what, good luck to all our district playoff teams.

orange machine
11-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Celina's biggest problem that i can see is consistant play. If Celina can come in and not give up the big plays then Celina has a great shot, but if the defense starts giving up big plays then see the Prosper game. Remember defense wins championships and Celina has always had a good defense its time for that good defense to show its ugly face.

MamaBull
11-03-2009, 10:27 PM
the argyle D line is pretty strong and will cause big problems.
celina-20
argyle-31

WTF-82
11-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Its late in the reg season this is when Celina starts putting it on Celina in a close game.

Sittin & Fishin
11-04-2009, 02:01 PM
What's the Celina word on Brumfield, Stephenson and Perez for this game?

gatordaze
11-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Yes No No

Sittin & Fishin
11-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Sherwood, Merit, and Mendoza/Romero have done a great job filling in and covering for Argomonte and Perez. The young Bilderback kid had a great game against Whitesboro. They will all need to be sharp against Argyle.

BILLYFRED0000
11-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Sittin & Fishin
Sherwood, Merit, and Mendoza/Romero have done a great job filling in and covering for Argomonte and Perez. The young Bilderback kid had a great game against Whitesboro. They will all need to be sharp against Argyle.

Yes they were impressive and hungry. Overall the d is starting to look better. we will see against Argyle tho. Have to admit I am really starting to hate the spread. Hard Offense to stop when it is right.

firstdown
11-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Yes they were impressive and hungry. Overall the d is starting to look better. we will see against Argyle tho. Have to admit I am really starting to hate the spread. Hard Offense to stop when it is right.

So who is the QB these days in Bobcat country. Is Cody back?

orange machine
11-04-2009, 05:39 PM

I hope the defense is getting better, but you must look at the quality of the team across from the Bobcats. The ranked teams that Celina has played this year have won and rushed for a ton of yards against the Bobcat D. Last week the Whitesboro runningback rushed for 173 yards if Whitesboro had more help for him they would have scored more on the Bobcat D. Celina has to do a better job up front and control the line of scrimmage. I believe that the Bobcats are ready for the game against Argyle and will perform at a high level.

orange machine
11-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
So who is the QB these days in Bobcat country. Is Cody back?

Yes Cody is back and looked really sharp last week so hopfully he will be even better this week.

Sittin & Fishin
11-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Yes Cody is back and looked really sharp last week so hopfully he will be even better this week.

Cody looked good running the ball. Glad to see he is playing smart and not taking uneccessary hits. Still rusty on the passing, but seems to be getting stronger each week. Hopefully he will get to a point in the playoffs where he can go both ways for a while as his speed is needed on D as well.

orange machine
11-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Sittin & Fishin
Cody looked good running the ball. Glad to see he is playing smart and not taking uneccessary hits. Still rusty on the passing, but seems to be getting stronger each week. Hopefully he will get to a point in the playoffs where he can go both ways for a while as his speed is needed on D as well.

I doubt you will see Cody playing Defense much if any he is to important to the offense and him playing defense would give him a better chance at getting injured. For the most part Cody's passes were right on the money last week so i think he is just about 100% back. He is gonna be a huge help to the offense.

orange machine
11-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Keys to succsess in my mind for Celina to win friday. On offense they must play ball control and keep the ball away from the Argyle offense. On defense the Dline has to win the battle in the trenches. I think this week the Dline has to play out of there minds and keep the oline off of the linebackers.

firstdown
11-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Keys to succsess in my mind for Celina to win friday. On offense they must play ball control and keep the ball away from the Argyle offense. On defense the Dline has to win the battle in the trenches. I think this week the Dline has to play out of there minds and keep the oline off of the linebackers.

That is the right formula to beat us, and has worked in past years. The only difference is this year our defense is beyond good. We have faced some pretty good teams and not given up yards or points. Celina needs to hope for a low scoring game so that the special teams or gadget plays make a difference. I can't wait until Friday it's going to be great. Good Luck to all.

orange machine
11-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Both lines for Celina have to play perfect i think for Celina to win this game. If they can play like they did last season against Liberty Hill then the Bobcats will win, but its gonna take a massive effort.

firstdown
11-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Both lines for Celina have to play perfect i think for Celina to win this game. If they can play like they did last season against Liberty Hill then the Bobcats will win, but its gonna take a massive effort.

I'm think it will take a near perfect game by either team to win. Celina is good and knows how to win. It dose not matter what the records are. This is the time of the year when Coach Ford gets his boys ready to play, I'm sure Celina will give us fits. Big game for both teams.

orange machine
11-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Lets get this game going im ready.

bowleghorses
11-05-2009, 11:31 AM
33 hours:D

BILLYFRED0000
11-05-2009, 12:06 PM
I am gonna watch the JV tonight... That will be fun.

firstdown
11-05-2009, 12:09 PM
See ya there

bowleghorses
11-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I'll be on the road from La. to Prosper. Does the celinabobcast carry the JV games also?

gatordaze
11-05-2009, 02:15 PM
I'll be on the road from La. to Prosper. Does the celinabobcast carry the JV games also?

Yes, Mark said tonight was a go for JV!

bowleghorses
11-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Good, I will bring my laptop and see if I cant get it on the way.:D

alaskacat
11-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Hey Honey I'm Home!! I will be in Argyle Friday night:)....Finally

BILLYFRED0000
11-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
Hey Honey I'm Home!! I will be in Argyle Friday night:)....Finally

Hey buddy. Me and Jared will be there. Good to see ya. Look us up and let me know how things went up in the cold country.

Clark66
11-06-2009, 05:15 PM
The Bobcats need to get a little fire in there belly tonight!

They also need to remember a certain quote that was drilled into my head "Football is a game of blocking and tackling and if your not doing one of those correctly well then we have a problem."

There is many variations of that saying, I know but I heard it this way most of the time.

All the Bobcats needs to do is do those two things correctly and they will be fine.

LE Dad
11-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Hope both teams have a injury free game:clap: :clap:

Good luck :D

ronwx5x
11-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Here is the link to hear the game.

http://www.celinabobcast.com/ArygleVFB.html