PDA

View Full Version : Whose number #1 in the state?

Rice girl fan
10-12-2003, 01:11 PM
Ok i was just wondering who everyone though was the number one team in the state?? I am just being curious... :rolleyes:
Here's Collier Sharp's top twenty for week 6:
CLASS AAA 1. BURNET 180 2. GILMER 167 3. DAINGERFIELD 167 4. FORNEY 166 5. NEWTON 164 6. BELLVILLE 163 7. RICE CONSOLIDATED 162 8. KENNEDALE 161 9. LONGVIEW SPRING HILL 160 10. GAINESVILLE 160 11. MIDLAND GREENWOOD 157 12. NAVASOTA 156 13. CARTHAGE 156 14. CELINA 156 15. TEXARKANA PLEASANT GROVE 153 16. ATLANTA 153 17. TATUM 153 18. CUERO 152 19. JASPER 152 20. WINNSBORO 152

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Rice girl fan ]</small>

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 01:29 PM
HAHA is there even a doubt? Forney is!!!

cc700
10-12-2003, 01:32 PM
1-gainesville 2-burnet 3-daingerfield 4-celina 5-gilmer Im not from gainesville i just think they are the best team right now.The big test will be celina.should be a great game.

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 01:35 PM
MY TOP 10
====================================
1. Forney (5-1)
2. Daingerfield (6-0)
3. Burnet (6-0)
4. Fairfield (6-0)
5. Rice Consolidated (5-1)
6. Celina (6-0
7. Navasota (6-0)
8. Kennedale (6-0)
9. Liberty (6-0)
10. Jasper (5-1)

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2003, 01:39 PM
I'd have to agree with Collier Sharp on Burnet. With what Shipley & McGee are doing, along with the rest of their team, they are going to be tough to beat. Maybe not impossible, but tough. Of course, there's a lot of season left, so things may definitely change between now and then.

jason
10-12-2003, 01:41 PM
cc700:
1-gainesville 2-burnet 3-daingerfield 4-celina 5-gilmer Im not from gainesville i just think they are the best team right now.The big test will be celina.should be a great game.ROTFLMAO

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

Keith7
10-12-2003, 01:47 PM
cc700:
1-gainesville 2-burnet 3-daingerfield 4-celina 5-gilmer Im not from gainesville i just think they are the best team right now.The big test will be celina.should be a great game.you are a smart guy

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 01:47 PM
jason:

cc700:
1-gainesville 2-burnet 3-daingerfield 4-celina 5-gilmer Im not from gainesville i just think they are the best team right now.The big test will be celina.should be a great game.ROTFLMAOI agree

espn1
10-12-2003, 01:50 PM
cc700:
1-gainesville 2-burnet 3-daingerfield 4-celina 5-gilmer Im not from gainesville i just think they are the best team right now.The big test will be celina.should be a great game.That's a good one. http://www.keithleveson.com/Man-laughing.jpg

bulldawg89
10-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Well considering Burnet is ranked #1 already, and is 6-1... I would have to say BURNET!

bulldawg89
10-12-2003, 02:55 PM
OOOPS 6-0! My bad

BurnetBandRules
10-12-2003, 02:57 PM
LOL, I read 6-1 and thought to myself...when did we lose? Glad you caught that!

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Learn how to edit your post

Rice girl fan
10-12-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm just glad Rice is still in the top 10. Our only loss was to Bellville and they are only ranked one above us.

BurnetBandRules
10-12-2003, 07:38 PM
With every other prediction board online and the newspapers (all professional rankers) how can someone put Burnet lower than first? I am not trying to be opinionated in this post, just wondering what people have based our being #2 and #3 on. Is it personal opinion or actual data? Just wondering! I want some good replies with no "why you questioning my opinion" types....just a thought on my part put in front of posters!

3afan
10-12-2003, 07:58 PM
BurnetBandRules:
With every other prediction board online and the newspapers (all professional rankers) how can someone put Burnet lower than first? I am not trying to be opinionated in this post, just wondering what people have based our being #2 and #3 on. Is it personal opinion or actual data? Just wondering! I want some good replies with no "why you questioning my opinion" types....just a thought on my part put in front of posters!.
ALL rankings are just someone's personal opinion, or in some cases several people. nothing more, nothing less. there are no "professional rankers". just cause someone works for a newspaper does not make them a "professional ranker". you ask "what people have based our being #2 and #3 on". back at ya - what "actual data" makes burnet #1? the fact that they're 6-0? thats certainly not enuf, there are plenty of 6-0 teams.

now ... if i did a poll, i'd put Burnet #1 based on MY OWN criteria - but thats MY opinion. just like every other poll is just someone's opinion based on THEIR OWN criteria.

MonkeyJoe
10-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Whats your criteria 3afan !?

tomthall
10-12-2003, 08:25 PM
i would put my money on bellville against any team this year.

tomthall
10-12-2003, 08:26 PM
except the Seattle Seahawks.

sinton66
10-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Whose number #1 in the state? Heh, heh, I think I lost one, it could be mine! :D :D :D

tomthall
10-12-2003, 08:29 PM
3afan2K3:
Learn how to edit your postyou really rip me off, who cares if he edits his post, why do you have to always add some minor 2 cents.

Old Cardinal
10-12-2003, 08:35 PM
I think that Kennedale will meet Burnet in the Final game. I really think that everyone is overlooking that fine team.

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 08:47 PM
tomthall:

3afan2K3:
Learn how to edit your postyou really rip me off, who cares if he edits his post, why do you have to always add some minor 2 cents.Its annoying seeing people mess up on a post then posting again correcting them self's when they could just hit the edit button

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

jason
10-12-2003, 09:00 PM
3afan2K3:

tomthall:

3afan2K3:
Learn how to edit your postyou really rip me off, who cares if he edits his post, why do you have to always add some minor 2 cents.Its annoying seeing people mess up on a post then posting again correcting them self's when they could just hit the edit buttoni agree

weatherag07
10-12-2003, 09:16 PM
I have to support my Burnet dawgs...they are a great team, but we'll see where district takes everybody! :)

Goob
10-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Old Cardinal:
I think that Kennedale will meet Burnet in the Final game. I really think that everyone is overlooking that fine team.Kennedale will be DIV 2 and Burnet will be DIV 1, there is no way they meet in the playoffs, But don't count out Everman yet, If they make some changes on offence and defence they could still be there at the last.
:p

tomthall
10-12-2003, 09:31 PM
3afan2K3:

tomthall:

3afan2K3:
Learn how to edit your postyou really rip me off, who cares if he edits his post, why do you have to always add some minor 2 cents.Its annoying seeing people mess up on a post then posting again correcting them self's when they could just hit the edit buttonwho cares

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 10:04 PM
tomthall:

3afan2K3:

tomthall:

3afan2K3:
Learn how to edit your postyou really rip me off, who cares if he edits his post, why do you have to always add some minor 2 cents.Its annoying seeing people mess up on a post then posting again correcting them self's when they could just hit the edit buttonwho caresYou must

20dawgz05
10-12-2003, 10:57 PM
haha this is funny yall are trash talkin about hittin the edit button...well i think that the edit button is for essays or summin not football polls haha well thats just my opinion...and i say burnet #1 not just b/c im from burnet but b/c we have summin special with mcgee and shipley that comes once in a decade is a school is lucky but thats just me

spaniard
10-13-2003, 12:07 AM
20dawgz05:
haha this is funny yall are trash talkin about hittin the edit button...well i think that the edit button is for essays or summin not football polls haha well thats just my opinion...and i say burnet #1 not just b/c im from burnet but b/c we have summin special with mcgee and shipley that comes once in a decade is a school is lucky but thats just mesummin? i mean, seriously kids, its not that much more typing to type out the whole word. "shortening" words like that just makes you look a little more uneducated than you might already be. i graduated from burnet, and i know that the english teachers teach you guys better than that.

Catfan
10-13-2003, 12:34 AM
would love to see Kennedale play burnet but will not happen.....Everman will make the playoffs as will Kennedale, but with Everman the much larger enrollment, they will be division 1 and Kennedale Division 2. Kennedale would be the larger of Glen Rose or Venus and Kennedale would go to Division 1 for playoffs if Everman lost to both of these two and would miss the playoffs, that ain't happening. So count on it being Everman, Kennedale. I, even as a wildcat fan do not believe anyone in Division 1 can handle Everman or Kennedale for that matter. Division 2, we shall see, plan on a Texas first, Division 1 and 2 state champions, both from the same district as well as neighbors 2 miles apart.

Jacket2000
10-13-2003, 12:55 AM
Overall, Id have to say that Burnet is the #1 team as of right now, but I still have my doubts about them winning a state championship. Forney seems to be their biggest roadblock, but I wouldnt count out Everman just yet.
Div 2 is WIDE open! Right now, in my opinion the favorites are Daingerfield, Newton, La Grange, and I still have a feeling about Ballinger for some reason.
J2K

3afan
10-13-2003, 06:56 AM
MonkeyJoe:
Whats your criteria 3afan !?my criteria in my own poll (if i did one) is not relevant ..... my point are the other ones - "ALL rankings are just someone's personal opinion, or in some cases several people. nothing more, nothing less. there are no "professional rankers". just cause someone works for a newspaper does not make them a "professional ranker". you ask "what people have based our being #2 and #3 on". back at ya - what "actual data" makes burnet #1? the fact that they're 6-0? thats certainly not enuf, there are plenty of 6-0 teams."

i only added thjat i'd put Burnet #1 in an attempt to show i wasn't Burnet-bashing but instead (1) stating an opinion about polls and (2) commenting on the original post.

tomthall
10-13-2003, 10:37 AM
d-2 bellville all the way

Old Cardinal
10-13-2003, 11:46 AM
I am sorry, you are correct Kennedale will probably meet the winner of Region III Division II, in the finals. I would guess that Newton will be that team.

reptard7isCRAZY
10-13-2003, 11:57 AM
Ya just forget about Bellville in D2. I'm sure they would love it.

xlr8tor
10-13-2003, 12:00 PM
spaniard:

20dawgz05:
haha this is funny yall are trash talkin about hittin the edit button...well i think that the edit button is for essays or summin not football polls haha well thats just my opinion...and i say burnet #1 not just b/c im from burnet but b/c we have summin special with mcgee and shipley that comes once in a decade is a school is lucky but thats just mesummin? i mean, seriously kids, its not that much more typing to type out the whole word. "shortening" words like that just makes you look a little more uneducated than you might already be. i graduated from burnet, and i know that the english teachers teach you guys better than that.Have to agree with you Spaniard. Even if you choose to use slang, at least do that right - summin? I saw you noticed b-townhotties errors too. Is the english, spelling, and grammer departments at Burnet lacking that much? Just my take.

bd0707
10-13-2003, 12:23 PM
3afan I think the best data available would probably Strength of schedule, and what has been accomplished with that schedule. I will submit Jerry's Texas Highschool Football Ratings Strength of schedule to you. http://www.texasfootballratings.com/20033AStrengthofSchedule.html

Now I'm pretty sure that you will say this is just one persons opinion, the fact is Jerry's picks are at 78% on the season for all classes of Texas Highschool Football. I would say that is very respectable results. In case the link I tried to add to this post does not appear, he has Marlin listed with the toughest schedule. I'm pretty sure we can all accept that, and he has Burnet listed as #2 in Strength of schedule.

Pandora
10-13-2003, 02:19 PM
xlr8tor:

spaniard:

20dawgz05:
haha this is funny yall are trash talkin about hittin the edit button...well i think that the edit button is for essays or summin not football polls haha well thats just my opinion...and i say burnet #1 not just b/c im from burnet but b/c we have summin special with mcgee and shipley that comes once in a decade is a school is lucky but thats just mesummin? i mean, seriously kids, its not that much more typing to type out the whole word. "shortening" words like that just makes you look a little more uneducated than you might already be. i graduated from burnet, and i know that the english teachers teach you guys better than that.Have to agree with you Spaniard. Even if you choose to use slang, at least do that right - summin? I saw you noticed b-townhotties errors too. Is the english, spelling, and grammer departments at Burnet lacking that much? Just my take.I believe that that is a curse that was put on our younger generation by the use of text messaging and the Internet. I look for it to only get worse.

spaniard
10-13-2003, 07:59 PM
Pandora:

xlr8tor:

spaniard:

20dawgz05:
haha this is funny yall are trash talkin about hittin the edit button...well i think that the edit button is for essays or summin not football polls haha well thats just my opinion...and i say burnet #1 not just b/c im from burnet but b/c we have summin special with mcgee and shipley that comes once in a decade is a school is lucky but thats just mesummin? i mean, seriously kids, its not that much more typing to type out the whole word. "shortening" words like that just makes you look a little more uneducated than you might already be. i graduated from burnet, and i know that the english teachers teach you guys better than that.Have to agree with you Spaniard. Even if you choose to use slang, at least do that right - summin? I saw you noticed b-townhotties errors too. Is the english, spelling, and grammer departments at Burnet lacking that much? Just my take.I believe that that is a curse that was put on our younger generation by the use of text messaging and the Internet. I look for it to only get worse.i've got to agree with you here pandora, the text messenging stuff has jacked up people's vocabulary and grammar. i use the messaging stuff, and i type like this on it, i hate it when people use that shorter "quicker" junk, because i sometimes dont have a clue what they are saying, it makes no sense to me what they are trying to say.

3afan2K3
10-13-2003, 08:01 PM
spaniard:

Pandora:

xlr8tor:

spaniard:

20dawgz05:
haha this is funny yall are trash talkin about hittin the edit button...well i think that the edit button is for essays or summin not football polls haha well thats just my opinion...and i say burnet #1 not just b/c im from burnet but b/c we have summin special with mcgee and shipley that comes once in a decade is a school is lucky but thats just mesummin? i mean, seriously kids, its not that much more typing to type out the whole word. "shortening" words like that just makes you look a little more uneducated than you might already be. i graduated from burnet, and i know that the english teachers teach you guys better than that.Have to agree with you Spaniard. Even if you choose to use slang, at least do that right - summin? I saw you noticed b-townhotties errors too. Is the english, spelling, and grammer departments at Burnet lacking that much? Just my take.I believe that that is a curse that was put on our younger generation by the use of text messaging and the Internet. I look for it to only get worse.i've got to agree with you here pandora, the text messenging stuff has jacked up people's vocabulary and grammar. i use the messaging stuff, and i type like this on it, i hate it when people use that shorter "quicker" junk, because i sometimes dont have a clue what they are saying, it makes no sense to me what they are trying to say.I shorten words sometimes but I have never heard of "summin".

spaniard
10-13-2003, 08:05 PM
yeah, shortening some words is fine, but using stuff like summin' just makes no sense to me. i'll use probly instead of probably because it's basically the same thing. i think that some of these kids use this stuff because they are trying to sound all cutesy and junk like that. thats totally just my opinion though.

3afan2K3
10-13-2003, 08:09 PM
AtLeAsT tHeRe NoT tYpInG lIkE tHiS eVeRy PoSt!!!

spaniard
10-13-2003, 08:18 PM
3afan2K3:
AtLeAsT tHeRe NoT tYpInG lIkE tHiS eVeRy PoSt!!!OR LIKE THIS, I MEAN COME ON, CAPS LOCK IS AN EASY THING TO CORRECT! hehe, oh well

3afan2K3
10-13-2003, 08:33 PM
spaniard:

3afan2K3:
AtLeAsT tHeRe NoT tYpInG lIkE tHiS eVeRy PoSt!!!OR LIKE THIS, I MEAN COME ON, CAPS LOCK IS AN EASY THING TO CORRECT! hehe, oh wellSome people on here do

Cadillac
10-13-2003, 09:18 PM
I know how to shut Gainesville fans up.

Mention Waco La Vega.

Gainesville CAN NOT beat Burnet. Keep on dreaming.