dawg4life
11-01-2009, 04:20 PM
who voted for the richmond spiders?

CelinaCatFan
11-01-2009, 06:48 PM
TCU should be 4th!

IrishTex
11-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Can TCU run the table and make a mockery of the BCS?

rockdale80
11-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Can TCU run the table and make a mockery of the BCS?

I like TCU but I wonder how TCU, Boise, or Cincy would do in the SEC or Big 12. The records are impressive, but the do not play the caliber of opponents of either of those conferences.

Gobbla2001
11-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I like TCU but I wonder how TCU, Boise, or Cincy would do in the SEC or Big 12. The records are impressive, but the do not play the caliber of opponents of either of those conferences.

I think TCU would win the Big 12 North and compete well in the Big 12 South... the SEC? I'm not too sure... doubt they'd be at the bottom of the pack...

but they're not in either of those, and I think they'd have a damn good chance to beat the top teams in the Big 12 and SEC on one night in January...

oh, and I voted for the Richmond Spiders!

:
:
V

Gobbla2001
11-01-2009, 08:14 PM

I didn't comment on Boise or Cincy because I haven't seen enough of 'em this year or the previous couple of years to say... But I will say how well the backup QB at Cincy is doing... don't seem to be missing a beat without the starter...

Matthew328
11-01-2009, 08:14 PM
TCU can't recruit the big time kids for the most part that teams in Big 12 or SEC recruit, so if they were in those conferences they'd get a lot higher caliber recruit for the most part also

rockdale80
11-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
TCU can't recruit the big time kids for the most part that teams in Big 12 or SEC recruit, so if they were in those conferences they'd get a lot higher caliber recruit for the most part also

I agree with that 100% but in Texas they would still be behind UT and ATM for the most part. I think they would be competitive but I do not believe those teams are the 4th, 5th, and 6th best teams in the nation. Again, I like Cincy and TCU but I am just trying to be realistic about it.

Gobbla2001
11-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I agree with that 100% but in Texas they would still be behind UT and ATM for the most part. I think they would be competitive but I do not believe those teams are the 4th, 5th, and 6th best teams in the nation. Again, I like Cincy and TCU but I am just trying to be realistic about it.

Talking of TCU, I don't see them beating FLA and Bama right now, but they're 1 and 3, nobody sees anyone beating them really... but the other teams I've seen from the SEC? I think they'd beat Ole Miss, Arkansas, Tennessee, not a huge underdog to an LSU though I think LSU would win that one... Georgia? I think TCU takes them (Hell OK St. did ha)

I don't see them being big underdogs or anything to the other teams in the top 10/15 or whatever, that's why I don't see a problem with them being ranked where they are...

rockdale80
11-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Talking of TCU, I don't see them beating FLA and Bama right now, but they're 1 and 3, nobody sees anyone beating them really... but the other teams I've seen from the SEC? I think they'd beat Ole Miss, Arkansas, Tennessee, not a huge underdog to an LSU though I think LSU would win that one... Georgia? I think TCU takes them (Hell OK St. did ha)

I don't see them being big underdogs or anything to the other teams in the top 10/15 or whatever, that's why I don't see a problem with them being ranked where they are...

I am not talking about them being underdogs, but playing a quality opponent on a regular basis.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

TCU is like cuero... good... but no comp untill after the regular season :D :D :D :D

XtremeCouture
11-01-2009, 09:05 PM
lol @ USC #12. two losses in conference and they can still win out and possibly get an large BCS bid

Gobbla2001
11-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I am not talking about them being underdogs, but playing a quality opponent on a regular basis.

you were wondering how they'd do in tougher confrences with tougher teams, correct?

I'm saying I don't think they'd be that overmatched as most would probably say...

I think there are three tier 1 teams in college football right now: FLA, BAMA and UT...

Then you have your Tier 2 teams, Iowa, Oregon, LSU etc... I think TCU would be in that second tier right now... they'd probably have a loss right now in the SEC because of the amount of tier 1s, 2s and 3s... I just don't think they'd be at as big of a disadantage as most think...

I think if they were to go into the SEC they'd have a great chance of improving... sure you're still competing with UT, A&M and most of the big 12 for those Texas athletes... I'd say they'd probably come in 3rd behind UT and OU IMO after a couple years of being in the SEC... then they'd be drawing added attention from the whole deep south etc... I think they could easily pull some great players out of that south bag...

DDBooger
11-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
lol @ USC #12. two losses in conference and they can still win out and possibly get an large BCS bid especially if Oregon drops one Oregon St in the season finale

Pick6
11-01-2009, 09:28 PM
TCU will roll over A&M. UT, OU and TCU would be the top teams in the Big 12 South.

rcbulldog34
11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pick6
TCU will roll over A&M. UT, OU and TCU would be the top teams in the Big 12 South. [/QUOT I know you must be joking Texas would kill the little frogs.

HOOK'EM

Gobbla2001
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by rcbulldog34
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pick6
TCU will roll over A&M. UT, OU and TCU would be the top teams in the Big 12 South. [/QUOT I know you must be joking Texas would kill the little frogs.

HOOK'EM

Didn't think he said TCU would roll over UT and OU... I thought the period after A&M was a comma the first time I read it as well... he's just saying TCU would be up top with UT and OU... I don't disagree at all...