PDA

View Full Version : Region 1

Matthew328
06-27-2001, 03:56 PM
OK what is everyone's take on Region 1?? I know it isn't stacked as deep as the other Regions but that is kinda what makes it fun..you never know what is gonna happen....in Division 1 Wylie is the favorite no doubt..who is gonna challenge them?? I think Vernon could give them their biggest test...the Lions bring back nearly everyone...Aledo and Lamesa just won't be strong enough to handle Wylie I think...in Division 2 right now the favorite is Greenwood..Muleshoe and Ferris both lost a lot..Lake Worth or Sweetwater may be the top challengers to Greenwood...what do you think??

bearcat1
06-27-2001, 08:17 PM
G'wood is more capable than what a lot of people want to give them credit for. And if Sweetwater can get their inner turmoil straightened out, they could be very tough. But that's a big IF. Vernon will be strong. And I'm tellin you Denver City will be a contendahhhhh!!!!!!!!
bc

Jacket2000
06-28-2001, 08:36 PM
Greenwood is WAY too slow and Denver City lacks size on the line. DC's QB is pretty inconsitent as well. Ferris loses alot but may get the 3rd place spot. Muleshoe loses some,but reinforcments are on their way. Only big question is at RB.
Im thinking Lake Worth or Sweetwater, but probably Lake Worth. RB Patino had a good year in 2000, and should be even better in '01. I dont know anything about Vernon except that they'll probably catch Wylie in the 1st round. That's never good.
Div 1 will be Wylie and whoever they beat to get there. Dont see much changing except Lamesa may suprise the Bulldogs. Ya never know with the Tors.
J2K

Matthew328
06-28-2001, 09:02 PM
Vernon is my sleeper in D1...yeah they catch Wylie in Round 1...BUT they have a ton of people back and they have some tradition up that way..I think the Lions have a chance to shock the state!

mustang02
07-19-2001, 05:44 PM
i am from Sweetwater and am on the football team.Everyone has said that if we came together as a team wqe would be good because we have talent.well we have been doing everything as a team to get stronger and the new coach has put discipline in the program like we have needed so we will be ready for the football season.Good luck to all the teams in 3A and hopefully see most of you in the playoffs

bearcat1
07-19-2001, 06:45 PM
Mustang,
I am glad to hear that the team is coming together. With the talent (and coaching) that you have, everything is in place for ya'll to make a really serious run, but I know I don't have to tell you that you already know it. If the discipline that you needed is being put in (and accepted), I see no reason for yall not to have a great season. Good Luck. Let us hear from you.
bc

mustang02
07-20-2001, 12:03 PM
Midland Greenwood is going to be good this year but we (Sweetwater)plays them the secod week of our season and then we will meet up with them again 3 weeks intop the playoffs if we are still in it.I am not bragging in any way don't get me wrong but we beat them 42-14 last year with basically the same team they are going to have back and the same to we are going to have back.Midland Greenwood really does have a good team but im not saying who is going to win ouut of region1 because who knows Merkel might just win it.Well talk to you later

Jacket2000
07-20-2001, 04:53 PM
That may be the longest run-on sentence Ive ever seen!!!
Anyway, like Ive been saying all summer, G'wood is too SLOW. Sweetwater will contend, but the inner turmoil in the program could hinder their chances. Im thinking Lake Worth in D2. With 14 starters back, including RB Patino, from a 10-3 team, I like their chances. Muleshoe looks to be good again. Big question marks at RB though.
In D1, it will be <drum roll>........Abilene Wylie!!(Big suprise) <Yawn> whatelse is new?

superman
07-22-2001, 02:12 AM
region 1 it is sweetwater and wylie, last year wylie 31-0. i think wylie definitely has more talent. vernon has to face wylie the first round, so pick your poison.

Jacket2000
07-22-2001, 02:43 AM
Dont forget about Lake Worth in Div2. They handled Sweetwater pretty well in last year's area finals and both are returning most of their starters. I say the winner of the LW/SW game wins region 1;Div2.
J2K

mustang02
07-23-2001, 06:32 PM
Why does everyone refer to last years games.They are over and now it is time for this year.Yeah lake worth might have beat us i admit that but it was last year we were young but now we are more mature and we have DISCIPLINE something we did not have last year.So don't talk about how bad someone got beat last year because the key words were "LAST YEAR".

Jacket2000
07-23-2001, 11:51 PM
Why do I keep referring to LAST YEAR?
Well, Trigger, if you had read my post, you would have noticed that I said that both teams are returning most of their starters. Which translated into simpler terms means; that it will be close to the same teams playing again. I have been a Sweetwater supporter thus far, please dont make me change that.
J2K

mustang02
07-24-2001, 11:17 AM
OK i see what you ae saying now.Yeah we just about have the same teams as last year and if we get back to Lake Worth it will be a damn good game to watch.We will just have to wait until 2 weeks into the playoffs for that game.

bigdawg
07-25-2001, 01:42 AM
what position do you play mustang02?
what number are you?

mustang02
07-26-2001, 11:55 AM
well that is for me to know and you might find out later so just stayed tuned.What do u play or do u even START????

bigdawg
07-26-2001, 03:06 PM
Hey, mustang02, you don't have to tell what number you are, I'll just figure it out when when I beat u deep for touch down. And, truthfully, I'm not starting, because we have a 2 receiver set and I'm the third best receiver. So, you scared to tell me your number/position?

mustang02
07-27-2001, 02:37 PM
Me scared of a DAWG come on get for real.And by the way im not going to talk trash this year becuase we did last year and it did not get us anywhere so don't count on me talking trash to all the wylie people because i won't Talking is on TALKING nothing else.

bigdawg
07-27-2001, 03:55 PM
I wasn't talking about talking crap. I just wondered what position you play and what number you are? That's ok if you're scared to tell me.

mustang02
07-27-2001, 04:30 PM
im not scared of you.I can't be scared of someone that i don't know RIGHT?Well you will know what my number is before long ill tell you sometime.You know that is if i can stop being scared.lol