PDA

View Full Version : Watching NFL Countdown

pirate4state
11-01-2009, 12:11 PM
And I just have to say that I am laughing and shaking my head at these crazy Green Bay fans AND at ESPN for STILL riding Brett's jock.

Did we see any similar stories about Joe Montana going to the Chiefs? OR Tony D going to Denver? OR Emmitt Smith going to the Cardinals?

ESPN going with that old man with a hole in his throat calling Brett a traitor was just ridiculous! LOL

WOW

XtremeCouture
11-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah green by really threw favre under the bus anyways. When he decided to come back they told him they were moving on. I really hope the Vikings beat green bay twice this year and keep them out of the playoffs just because this whole situation is stupid. Favre is just playing for the team that gave him a chance

ziggy29
11-01-2009, 02:43 PM
GB eventually threw Favre under the bus in part because Favre wasn't willing to commit to playing another year until well after the Packers wanted him to commit. By the time he committed to coming back, the Packers had already committed to the Rodgers era.

Since then Favre has been a streak-worshipping drama king the sports media won't stop sucking up to. I hope the Packers kill the Vikings and Favre throws four picks. I'm sick of him.

It's the drama and the "look at me" media posturing he's manufactured in the last couple of years which have soured me on him, which is a shame because I used to really like the dude and his competitive nature. Still respect the latter, but I wish he'd either shut and play without annual drama or go away.