PDA

View Full Version : Sealy/LaGrange

gambler1606
11-01-2009, 11:56 AM
This game has the makings to be great one! Both O's are very explosive, but I think the Tiger Defense is much stronger than the Leps Defense. Only 3 teams have scored points on Sealy in the second half (Giddings 6, Hempstead 6, Smithville 14) I know Sealy has lost one of their big Offensive Linemen with a knee injury for this game, but everybody else is good to go. My early prediction, Sealy 44 LaGrange 28. What do you think?

Mojado
11-01-2009, 12:37 PM
28-14 LaGrange... They are tough at home, defense will be lights out and they usually get some great "home cookin" calls by the refs.

"Walker has sumting for Tigers, he good dat way, he ready dat way..."

:D :D :D

gambler1606
11-01-2009, 12:41 PM
haha!!! I don't see that...

hookandladder
11-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
28-14 LaGrange... They are tough at home, defense will be lights out and they usually get some great "home cookin" calls by the refs.

"Walker has sumting for Tigers, he good dat way, he ready dat way..."

:D :D :D

Great Home Cookin calls, We really appreciate you picking us and also ragging on our poster. Maybe you should go with the other team on this one, I am sure it will not hurt any LG fans feelings.

Mojado
11-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Just :stirpot: I could care less...:D

Spread It Out
11-01-2009, 01:13 PM
After watching Sealy last night, I'm going to go with La Grange in this one.

Schneider and Wilkerson gots something fur you. You not gonna like it. Theys gunna makes you like it. Theys just good that way. :D :eek: :bigcry:

gameface
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Hey Gambling man, you may need to reshuffle! We welcome you to our juggler jungle-this one is for you and TJ(remember 1996)! Sealy is very good, just not good enough. LG has arsenal that is endless-enjoy the pouncing. Leopards win by 10.

Gobbla2001
11-01-2009, 09:36 PM
The game's in LG, eh?

I wonder how big of a van it takes Sealy to haul all of that thuggery around the state... :thinking:

Mojado
11-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The game's in LG, eh?

I wonder how big of a van it takes Sealy to haul all of that thuggery around the state... :thinking:

LMAO...

I thought Giddings was the dirtiest team in 3A... :D :D :D :D

Sealy good that way, they got sumthin for yall that way!!! :D :D :D

Good luck to both, yall are funny!!!

OldBison75
11-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Gobbla, a friend of mine from Bellville says they use a TDCJ bus that is on loan to them. I ain't seen it, but he says they painted it like a school bus but kept the wire cages to separate the coaches from the players.

BrahmaMom
11-02-2009, 01:40 AM
I hardly ever predict, but I think Sealy will win this one. They make that second half tough. Should b an exciting game.

hookandladder
11-02-2009, 07:29 AM
As I have stated on an earlier post our defense will have to play really well for us to have a chance to win this game, when you pooch kick the way we do after scoring Sealy will have only to drive 50 to 60 yards to score and less for a FG. I wish LG would put their best 11 defensive players on kickoffs and possibly try to angle kick or aleast kick it further then 15 to 20 yards. I know you are trying to rest some players during the season however from now on it is pretty much do or die, so it is time to play the best all the time and rest them as much as you can. We started playing more players both ways last week on offense and it made a huge difference, seems like this would help our kickoff team as well. Not knocking the offense as some might think, I expect them to continue to move the ball and score. Just stating with the defense only having 50 to 60 yards to defend, the unit must play extremely well. The coaches have done a fine job of having our players ready to play, it is sometimes amazing to watch other teams come on the field and it seems like size wise we are in a no win battle. Our players come ready to play to the bitter end and in most cases with less talent then most teams that they face. It is definitely nice to know win or lose that we are in the playoffs, now it is time to make the best of it. Go LEPS.

TG-19.

957tiger
11-02-2009, 09:49 AM
By the end of the week I'm sure the Sealy players will have been tried and convicted for every major crime this century. It's a good thing the other schools are thug free. What is the bible verse about casting the first stone. Look at your own houses folks before you throw out accusations. And yes those MIP's do count in the thug list.

Pudlugger
11-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Hook I know what you say regarding the pooch kick and field position but you mention only the down side . The positives are: increased chance of a turnover(we have had several recoveries this year); decreased chance of a run back(Downey should never touch the football on a kickoff); our kicker doesn't have the range to put the ball into the end zone so we would have to defend the deep man every time tempting fate. Ideally if you had the kicker I'd say yeah, let's kick it deep but when you don't then the pooch puts pressure on the up guys and is safer.

Lep D has to step up this game and prove themselves. From here on out they will be facing quality teams. I think they will be ready and I like our chances. Go Leps!

Mojado
11-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

Lep D has to step up this game and prove themselves. From here on out they will be facing quality teams. I think they will be ready and I like our chances. Go Leps!

Quality teams....:D :D :D Pudpusher, you make me laugh...

Pudlugger
11-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
Quality teams....:D :D :D Pudpusher, you make me laugh...

"You think I'm funny? You think I'm a clown?"

-Tommy DeVito to Spider in Goodfellas

Mojado
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
No no.. just funny...

teetle
11-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Sealy Defense better than everyones thinks. Jimmie he know what he doing to . Walker don'ts haves anything for the Tigers. Firzhenery think he have something for de Tigers. Didnts work. Should bes a good ballgame. Leps pretty good. Justs not goods enough. Pud, I be pulling for de Leps in the playoffs cause I is got respects for the Leps.:D :eek: :weeping:

sTx
11-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Ya gotta agree w teetle sealy will go 10-0 :D

hookandladder
11-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Hook I know what you say regarding the pooch kick and field position but you mention only the down side . The positives are: increased chance of a turnover(we have had several recoveries this year); decreased chance of a run back(Downey should never touch the football on a kickoff); our kicker doesn't have the range to put the ball into the end zone so we would have to defend the deep man every time tempting fate. Ideally if you had the kicker I'd say yeah, let's kick it deep but when you don't then the pooch puts pressure on the up guys and is safer.

I agree on not kicking it deep, I was thinking of aleast trying to kick it to one of the up backs at an angle. Then if it does go out of bounds you would still only be around the 30 to 35 yard line, just saying the 40 to 45 yard line makes it really tough on the D.

TRENCHES06
11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I think they are actually trying to do what you are saying.....

pirate4state
11-02-2009, 03:36 PM
"You think I'm funny? You think I'm a clown?"

-Tommy DeVito to Spider in Goodfellas Tommy was talking to Henry, not Spider.

"I thought you said I was alright Spider" hahaha

Gotta love the Tigers & Goodfellas! :D :D :D