PDA

View Full Version : Navasota @ Madisonville, playoffs start early

navscanmaster
11-01-2009, 10:58 AM
This is a playoff game before the UIL brackets are even set. The winner goes to the playoffs, and the loser stays home and ties their basketball sneakers.

OldBison75
11-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Navasota vs Madisonville is always a battle no matter what the situation. This week will be no different. Madisonville is playing very good ball this year and is much better than anybody expected them to be. Navasota has all the talent in the world and when clicking can dominate another team. Twice this year the Rattlers have come out flat and struggled. I would like to say that on both occasions, the opposition, Caldwell and Cameron, both played better than the Rattlers. I do know that this district is much tougher than most people see and there are really no cakewalk games.

With that being said, I have see the Rattler respond to a bad game with near perfection the following wek and I expect that again this week. The Navasota defense is playing very well and even though Cameron scored 24 last week, the defense was not on the field for the first TD and the others were after turnovers put the Rattler defense against the wall. I look for the Rattlers defense to be dominating against the Mustangs and the offense to come out with a vengence after the mistakes against Cameron.

Navasota will come out hard and fast early and I expect the Mustang defense to be worn down by halftime. Rattlers by 14.