PDA

View Full Version : Monahans Vs Greenwood

tex_male
10-31-2009, 09:05 PM
This game is important for Greenwood

1: If Greenwood can beat Monahans by 14 points they will take 1st place.

2: If they win but not by 14 they take second place.

3: They lose they are most likely out of the play-offs.

tex_male
10-31-2009, 10:45 PM
This will be the 11th time for both of these teams to met. The current Record for Monahans Vs Greenwood is 4-6-0. Greenwood having more wins. Last years meeting had Monahans picked to win but Greenwood was able to pull out an overtime win that created a 3 way tie for first place. Due to the 14 point tie breaker that District 3 has, Monahans was the first seed in D2

Budman007
10-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Greenwood rolls and spoils Monahan's unblemished record.

Ranger Mom
10-31-2009, 11:28 PM
My heart says Greenwood, but my head says Monahans.

I can't even make myself vote!:(

tex_male
10-31-2009, 11:38 PM
Ranger Mom just pull a Rocket and Vote more then 14...:p

SHSBulldog00
10-31-2009, 11:42 PM
Monahans is on a roll and they will be 10-0 going into the playoff's. Great Story.:D

Ranger Mom
10-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
Ranger Mom just pull a Rocket and Vote more then 14...:p

I have never voted on poll that included Greenwood. I know it's silly, but I don't wanna jinx anything!!:D

tex_male
10-31-2009, 11:53 PM
While you are on here can you remove the B'Ball from the poll. If Greenwood gets to do the coin toss with Andrews and Seminole granted both win friday, then the Rangers still have a chance for the play-offs.

Ranger Mom
11-01-2009, 12:04 AM
While you are on here can you remove the B'Ball from the poll. If Greenwood gets to do the coin toss with Andrews and Seminole granted both win friday, then the Rangers still have a chance for the play-offs.

Sure!!

tex_male
11-01-2009, 09:21 PM
TTT... First time for everything:D

WTF-82
11-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Loboes will roll they are treating this game like a playoff game.

Lobo Defense one of the best in the State !

42-7 Loboes win.

TheDOCTORdre
11-01-2009, 11:07 PM
is this one being played in monahans or greenwood?

WTF-82
11-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Monahans

Pendragon13
11-02-2009, 12:02 AM
I've never seen Monahans play in the regular season but Wylie has had a pre-season scrimmage with them for years now. I remember thinking last year and this year that Monahans looked like they could be very tough (hard to tell with a scrimmage) and they have backed that up with their play this year. They lost their star QB to injury (iirc) yet they are still blowing people our and are the only still undefeated team in region 1. Overlooking them would be a mistake. ;)

WOS87
11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Unless I'm missing something if Greenwood beats Monahans... Greenwood wins the district title period (no matter what the margin of victory is) as both Monahans and Greenwood would then have 4-1 district records with Greenwood winning the head-to-head. Where are you getting that they need to win by 14 points?

If Greenwood loses and both Andrews and Seminole win (as is expected) then all three would be in a tie with 3-2 records and a coin flip would determine who gets the two remaining playoff slots behind Monahans

tex_male
11-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Unless I'm missing something if Greenwood beats Monahans... Greenwood wins the district title period (no matter what the margin of victory is) as both Monahans and Greenwood would then have 4-1 district records with Greenwood winning the head-to-head. Where are you getting that they need to win by 14 points?

If Greenwood loses and both Andrews and Seminole win (as is expected) then all three would be in a tie with 3-2 records and a coin flip would determine who gets the two remaining playoff slots behind Monahans

So you are saying that Greenwood lost to Andrews by 16 points and then if Greenwood beats Monahans by 1 point that Greenwood takes 1st?

statewide
11-02-2009, 09:35 AM
I was at last year's game and Greenwood played lights out at home. This is at Monahans, that gives Monahans a huge advantage. Green wins big and rolls through the first two rounds, round 3 of the playoffs as always, it will become interesting. That being said, it is a true playoff game for Greenwood, guess that is why they play the game.

Tres Lobos
11-02-2009, 09:36 AM
So you are saying that Greenwood lost to Andrews by 16 points and then if Greenwood beats Monahans by 1 point that Greenwood takes 1st?

ya thats what he's saying and he's right. Greenwood and Monahans would both be 4-1, and Greenwood would have the head to head win over Monahans. But that won't matter because the Loboes are gonna get the win.

Monahans 49
Greenwood 6

Ranger Mom
11-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos

Monahans 49
Greenwood 6

OUCH!!!!

thelegend02
11-02-2009, 10:56 AM
I agree. Monahans won't be looking past them this year.

Monahans 40
Greenwood 10

justlikesports
11-02-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm going with the Loboes, they have some pay back on their minds I'm guessing. Always a good game when these 2 meet.
Hey Kellye, yall coming to the game?

Ranger Mom
11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by justlikesports
I'm going with the Loboes, they have some pay back on their minds I'm guessing. Always a good game when these 2 meet.
Hey Kellye, yall coming to the game?

I doubt it! As of right now, I will have my granddaughter that night, and needless to say, she didn't inherit the "love of football" gene her "KiKi" has and is extremely unmanageable at football games.

tex_male
11-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I doubt it! As of right now, I will have my granddaughter that night, and needless to say, she didn't inherit the "love of football" gene her "KiKi" has and is extremely unmanageable at football games.

That is why my 8 yr and 19 mo. old daughters do not go to games with me unless momma or grandma goes. The 8 yr old is okay until she wants to go to the restroom at the wrong time during the game.

garciap77
11-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Greenwood in a close one!

westtxfballfan
11-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
42-7 Loboes win.

Sounds about right.

WTF-82
11-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

RM, I believe I met you at this game last year. You brought the Loboes bad luck dont go. LOL!!

Greenwood plays Monahans tougher than anyone out there our kids compete against each other from Jr High up its always a very intense hard hitting game.

GWOOD
11-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by WOS87

WOS87 is exactly right (as usual). If Greenwood loses and Andrews and Seminole wins, there will be a coin flip to determine the remaining playing spots.

Greenwood has a 10 year playoff streak on the line with the potential coin toss!

Pinerider
11-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Greenwood starting QB is out with a fracture of his L3 vertebra suffered in last weeks game.

M-town lobo fan
11-06-2009, 12:13 PM
This game wont even be close! For the most important reason that it's going to be played in Monahans not in Greenwood where every visiting team gets an avg of 15 flags thrown a game.It's funny how a team like Seminole goes to Greenwood gets shut out 14-0 cant even score there.Then the following week Greenwood goes to Andrews and gets blown out by 3 td's by a team that has 1 win.Sorry, Greenwood no home cooking for you tonight!Monahans in a blow out.

tex_male
11-06-2009, 12:55 PM
They have a quarter in their pocket so after the game they can practice their coin flips!

WTF-82
11-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
This game wont even be close! For the most important reason that it's going to be played in Monahans not in Greenwood where every visiting team gets an avg of 15 flags thrown a game.It's funny how a team like Seminole goes to Greenwood gets shut out 14-0 cant even score there.Then the following week Greenwood goes to Andrews and gets blown out by 3 td's by a team that has 1 win.Sorry, Greenwood no home cooking for you tonight!Monahans in a blow out.

I do remember this from last year but 1 counted 20 yellows against the Loboes.

Ranger Mom
11-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I think it's 14-0 Monahans.....not sounding very pretty right now!!

CORRECTION: 13-0 Monahans