PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs. Carthage - Playoffs Round 1

Milk That Cow
10-31-2009, 02:26 PM
What has to happen for it to happen?

WOS87
10-31-2009, 02:37 PM
It's VERY unlikely at this point but still possible.

If Tatum beats Gilmer AND Chapel Hill beats Gladewater by at least 7 points...

...then Gilmer will go D2 as the District 17 runnerup and face Carthage (the District 18 champ) in Bi-District

Aesculus gilmus
10-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
It's VERY unlikely at this point but still possible.

If Tatum beats Gilmer AND Chapel Hill beats Gladewater by at least 14 points...

...then Gilmer will go D2 as the District 17 runnerup and face Carthage (the District 18 champ) in Bi-District

Well, I'm pretty sure Tatum over Gilmer won't happen (ESPECIALLY on a field Gilmer hasn't lost on since 2002), but where did you get 14 points?

Someone from Gilmer has already claimed that all CHill has to win by is 7.

WOS87
10-31-2009, 03:40 PM
You are correct sir now that I figured it out for myself, shame on me for listening to others:

Gladewater beat Spring Hill by 12 points
Spring Hill beat Chapel Hill by 1 point

Gladewater = +12
Spring Hill = -12 and +1 which equals -11
Chapel Hill = -1

If Chapel Hill wins by 7

Chapel Hill = -1 and +7 which equals +6
Gladewater = +12 and -7 which equals +5

I still have Gladewater beating that spread although it's very close

Buckeye80
10-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Gilmer will beat Tatum and Gladewater will beat Chapel Hill.

Gilmer D1
Tatum D2 Champion
Gladewater D2 Runner-up

Write it down.

Milk That Cow
10-31-2009, 04:04 PM
What happened to switch Carthage to Division 2?

Astrosdawg07
10-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
What happened to switch Carthage to Division 2?

Jasper is the biggest school in district 18. Jasper secured a playoff birth last night in their beat down of Rusk.

WOS1
11-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Gilmer has not had a competitive game in over a month. Jasper has a tough district and will be battle tested. Jasper has already played Gilmer tough for a half and their kids know they can play with Gilmer. This game will have real upset potential...

pirate4state
11-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Gilmer has not had a competitive game in over a month. Jasper has a tough district and will be battle tested. Jasper has already played Gilmer tough for a half and their kids know they can play with Gilmer. This game will have real upset potential... I agree, but still think Gilmer wins.

WOS1
11-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Me too, but I've been wrong before.:D

Astrosdawg07
11-01-2009, 03:30 PM
As a Jasper fan I would much rather see Chapel Hill! Gilmer just seems to have our #. The road to a state championship looks alot better if Gilmer goes D2!

j_dog
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
As a Jasper fan I would much rather see Chapel Hill! Gilmer just seems to have our #. The road to a state championship looks alot better if Gilmer goes D2!
What is Jasper vs. Chapel Hill? 0 and 1? Jasper had better be ready for some head knocking regardless of the opponent. It will be another slobberknocker! :eek:

JasperDog94
11-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I agree, but still think Gilmer wins. Is it possible Jasper could win? Sure, but I wouldn't bet on it. I doubt you would find many people that think Jasper would win a rematch.

Regardless I will support my dawgs! :)

T-daddy
11-02-2009, 01:44 PM
the jasper db's have been getting better each game maybe if we play gilmer they can pick off two or three and run them back for td's..

Pawdaddy
11-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by T-daddy
the jasper db's have been getting better each game maybe if we play gilmer they can pick off two or three and run them back for td's..

Maybe a fiery chariot will scoop up all Buckeyes just before kickoff and carry them off beyond the clouds......Get real. Those db's could do that and still get beat by 30.

Astrosdawg07
11-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
What is Jasper vs. Chapel Hill? 0 and 1? Jasper had better be ready for some head knocking regardless of the opponent. It will be another slobberknocker! :eek:

No but Chapel Hill is a team that is in a very poor district outside of Tatum and Gilmer. The bottom half is sub-part at best. I'm willing to bet Rusk and possibly Diboll could beat SH, CH, and demolish Bullard. Hell Hunington might could beat Bullard.

j_dog
11-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
No but Chapel Hill is a team that is in a very poor district outside of Tatum and Gilmer. The bottom half is sub-part at best. I'm willing to bet Rusk and possibly Diboll could beat SH, CH, and demolish Bullard. Hell Hunington might could beat Bullard.
I hope the Jasper team is not thinking like that. Chapel Hill out of that "weak" district did a pretty good job on Jasper last year. No matter the records this year, it could happen again if Jasper gets cocky. That is why I think Gilmer might be a better opponent for Jasper. No getting cocky when you're playing the Buckeyes. :)

lostaussie
11-02-2009, 08:18 PM
jasper would roll ch this year............if they play. it is what it is and we will throwdown with whomever is standing in the way. looking forward to seeing u guys again cause i think its gonna happen.

easttexas3a
11-02-2009, 08:33 PM
I think we will play Jasper round 1 as well cause I think Gladewater will take care of business. That being said, I will not be taking Jasper lightly, as I am sure Gilmer will not. If Gilmer plays to full potential I think it could be a repeat of game 1, gilmer and Jasper close at half, Gilmer coming out in second half and seperating big. If gilmer were to have an off night the bulldogs could be scary.

Astrosdawg07
11-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
I hope the Jasper team is not thinking like that. Chapel Hill out of that "weak" district did a pretty good job on Jasper last year. No matter the records this year, it could happen again if Jasper gets cocky. That is why I think Gilmer might be a better opponent for Jasper. No getting cocky when you're playing the Buckeyes. :)

CH also had Mathew Tucker last year. Not so much this year. Let's go CH and beat Gladewater by 7 I'll be there to cheer you guys on!