PDA

View Full Version : Region III GOTW: Gilmer vs Tatum

R3Editor
10-31-2009, 01:41 PM
For the district championship

Buckeye80
10-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Gilmer will defend the district winning streak, home winning streak, and win district outright with this game.
The Buckeyes will not be overlooking Tatum for Jasper and will soundly beat the Eagles. The Buckeyes need 41 points to eclipse the 06 Buckeyes for the highest point total in ten games (554).

Gilmer 60
Tatum 13

lostaussie
10-31-2009, 05:26 PM
good luck to the eagles but................this will be a beating:doh:

Aesculus gilmus
10-31-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm a little concerned with the emphasis on statistics and streaks, but I guess that's all you can do to add interest during the regular season when the opposing teams lose by an average of 40 or so points each.

I'm sure some stats buff can give me the exact figure.

easttexas3a
10-31-2009, 07:40 PM
Buckeyes 52-13

I think Chapel Hill is going to beat Gladewater by 7 or more. Center lost there good qb a few weeks ago, meaning the buckeyes may win bi district in a similar style. Interesting opponet that would be int hat scenario would be Lorena in round 2. Im ready for all this district mess to be over.

lulu
10-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I'm a little concerned with the emphasis on statistics and streaks, but I guess that's all you can do to add interest during the regular season when the opposing teams lose by an average of 40 or so points each.

I'm sure some stats buff can give me the exact figure.

Cheap shot to the rest of 17 3A........ture.. but cheap non the less.
Good luck the rest of the way. I hope you guys pull it out. And thank you for the sound beating you put on Gladewater....they needed it to get them back to reality.:D

Aesculus gilmus
10-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by lulu

No, it's not. Five of the nine games have been against non-district opponents.

All I'm saying is the last time I noticed so much emphasis on statistics was three years ago and that did not end well.

lulu
10-31-2009, 07:59 PM
No, it's not. Five of the nine games have been against non-district opponents.

All I'm saying is the last time I noticed so much emphasis on statistics was three years ago and that did not end well.

Hey don't let the interest in stats worry you,,,,everyone is looking for validation that Gilmer does not need. Your team stands on its on. I have a lots of confidence in the Bucks. They are very controlled and regimented. If they get out of sinque Traylor will snap them back quickly. Enjoy the ride. When district is over (speaking schedule wise) I will be there to watch every time I can. :)

waterboy
10-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Hey don't let the interest in stats worry you,,,,everyone is looking for validation that Gilmer does not need. Your team stands on its on. I have a lots of confidence in the Bucks. They are very controlled and regimented. If they get out of sinque Traylor will snap them back quickly. Enjoy the ride. When district is over (speaking schedule wise) I will be there to watch every time I can. :)
Hey, lulu, you and Mr. lulu:D can sit with Mrs. waterboy, the girls, and me........:D

With the Panthers being eliminated, you can now follow the Buckeyes.:clap: Do you realize there is a GOOD CHANCE GILMER WILL GO DIVISION 2!!:eek: If Chapel Hill beats Gladewater by 7 or more points, the Buckeyes will be D2.....which means that if we take care of business, and Carthage takes care of business, we may get a rematch after all!:) :clap:

lulu
11-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Hey, lulu, you and Mr. lulu:D can sit with Mrs. waterboy, the girls, and me........:D

With the Panthers being eliminated, you can now follow the Buckeyes.:clap: Do you realize there is a GOOD CHANCE GILMER WILL GO DIVISION 2!!:eek: If Chapel Hill beats Gladewater by 7 or more points, the Buckeyes will be D2.....which means that if we take care of business, and Carthage takes care of business, we may get a rematch after all!:) :clap:

I will like it better if you ya'll go D2. I really hope Gladewater gets beat out. Where do you think the game will be......either way you go?
Thank you for the offer...we just may take you up on that.

oldtownag
11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
The real Reg III GOTW will be Chapel Hill vs. Gladewater to determine if Gilmer will be DI or DII!

You Buckeyes better pull for Gleadewater.

waterboy
11-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
The real Reg III GOTW will be Chapel Hill vs. Gladewater to determine if Gilmer will be DI or DII!

You Buckeyes better pull for Gleadewater.
Haha........GO CHAPEL HILL!! Y'all better hope Gladewater wins!:p It's alright, I know who most Carthage fans will be rooting for........hint: it has H2O in its name...:devil:

poisoned10
11-02-2009, 02:42 AM
With this being the senior's last game in Buckeye Stadium and their last chance to add to the home and district winning streak, they will be extremely fired up.

Unfortunately for Tatum, it has to be them that it happens against.

I say Gilmer handles their business and takes care of Tatum easily. I could see them beating Tatum about like they did Spring Hill and Gladewater, but I will say Gilmer will score somewhere in the 50's and hold Tatum to 7.

IHStangFan
11-02-2009, 02:55 AM
Gilmer....easily.

BuckeyeNut
11-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Good luck the rest of the way. I hope you guys pull it out. And thank you for the sound beating you put on Gladewater....they needed it to get them back to reality.:D

Gilmer vs Gladewater is a game that we always want to monkey stomp Gladewater. Its always been that way and always will.

lulu
11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
With this being the senior's last game in Buckeye Stadium and their last chance to add to the home and district winning streak, they will be extremely fired up.

Unfortunately for Tatum, it has to be them that it happens against.

I say Gilmer handles their business and takes care of Tatum easily. I could see them beating Tatum about like they did Spring Hill and Gladewater, but I will say Gilmer will score somewhere in the 50's and hold Tatum to 7.

Ok now...you better put the whippin on Tatum that you did on us or I'm gonna have my feelings hurt. There is certainly no reason that you can't. And I know you defense can contain their runners.....once you get them pegged you can stop them.

And I really hope CH puts a hurt on Gladewater. I've told you guys all along that CH plays tough but no one listens. Gladewater
needs to stay home.:mad:

lostaussie
11-03-2009, 07:52 PM
this is such a game of the week that no one has posted on it in over 24 hours..............let me be the first to pad my post count and get it back to the top of the stickie pile:D yep, that helps me gain on 5000

The Kracken
11-03-2009, 09:55 PM

so what are the odds that this pans out--just wondering if Gilmer is going div 1 or div 2

LE Dad
11-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
let me be the first to pad my post count and get it back to the top of the stickie pile:D yep, that helps me gain on 5000 Watch out Aussie:doh: I can hear it now! Someone will jump on and start crap:rolleyes: about Gilmer posters running up their post count :thinking:

Need to substitute posters before they get their feelings hurt:( LOL

Aesculus gilmus
11-05-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't want to see this thread stay in the same place for 24 hours.

Hey, did anyone ever consider that, should one of the greatest miracles in modern times occur and Tatum win, plus if CHill does what it has to do to make the playoffs, we would be looking at Carthage versus Gilmer in bi-district!

lostaussie
11-05-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't want to see this thread stay in the same place for 24 hours.

Hey, did anyone ever consider that, should one of the greatest miracles in modern times occur and Tatum win, plus if CHill does what it has to do to make the playoffs, we would be looking at Carthage versus Gilmer in bi-district!

As a matter of fact we did:D

Did you know.............that if Chpel Hill were to beat Gwater by at least 7...............and Gilmer were to be upset by Tatum.................it would be "Code Red" in the first round:D don't look for this to happen folks!!!

waterboy
11-06-2009, 09:14 AM
This is the last home game for the seniors on this Buckeye team. I look for the Buckeyes to come out and pounce on the Eagles early and often. At least that is what I'm hoping......:cool:

lulu
11-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by The Kracken
so what are the odds that this pans out--just wondering if Gilmer is going div 1 or div 2

Well I'm a bit torn because I want Gilmer in D2 and I want Gladewater to get beat out.

lulu
11-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Really it does not matter where the Bucs go...they will be ok.

waterboy
11-06-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm still curious about who will win the Chapel Hill/Gladewater game. Will Gilmer go D1 or D2? Either way, I think the Buckeyes will be just fine......;) I'll bet I know who Carthage fans are pulling for.....:D That rematch, if it happens, will be the game of the year, in my opinion.

pirate4state
11-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I'd rather see Gilmer in D1 because I like the possiblity of a Gilmer/Sealy or Cuero match up and a Gilmer/Wylie or Prosper match up.

Before any of you start freaking out because I'm looking ahead. As a football fan I can do whatever looking ahead I want! :tongue: I am not from any of these towns, just enjoy watching good football and these potential match ups make for some great December football!

lulu
11-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'd rather see Gilmer in D1 because I like the possiblity of a Gilmer/Sealy or Cuero match up and a Gilmer/Wylie or Prosper match up.

Before any of you start freaking out because I'm looking ahead. As a football fan I can do whatever looking ahead I want! :tongue: I am not from any of these towns, just enjoy watching good football and these potential match ups make for some great December football!

As football fans ..........yeah we can do as we want. I can't wait for the big games.

lulu
11-06-2009, 12:04 PM
As a matter of fact we did:D

Carthage better pray for Gilmer to go D2 otherwise their show is cancelled quick.

waterboy
11-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Carthage better pray for Gilmer to go D2 otherwise their show is cancelled quick.
No.......I think they want us to go D1. Carthage will be D2 regardless.....:cool:

lulu
11-06-2009, 03:01 PM
No.......I think they want us to go D1. Carthage will be D2 regardless.....:cool: Oops...got that backwards.

Geez can't even talk good smack these days. Got to get back in practice.

lulu
11-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Carthage better pray for Gilmer to go D2 otherwise their show is cancelled quick. Sorry said it backwards.

waterboy
11-06-2009, 03:05 PM
That's okay, lulu! I knew what you meant, but.........some others might not have known.;)

I can have you initiated into the "Army of Buckeyes" if you want. You can become a charter member.:thumbsup:

lulu
11-06-2009, 06:17 PM
That's okay, lulu! I knew what you meant, but.........some others might not have known.;)

I can have you initiated into the "Army of Buckeyes" if you want. You can become a charter member.:thumbsup:

I would be honored.
My mind and hand don't always work together when I get hurried.:(

SintonFan
11-06-2009, 08:09 PM
I'll take this game by the poll numbers.:cool:

ccmom
11-07-2009, 01:17 AM
What was the score?

easttexas3a
11-07-2009, 01:49 AM
39-20 the final. Gilmer lead 24-0 at half, 31-6 going into the 4th. Starters stayed in but they seemed to just kinda stop playing in the second half.

ccmom
11-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
39-20 the final. Gilmer lead 24-0 at half, 31-6 going into the 4th. Starters stayed in but they seemed to just kinda stop playing in the second half.

Interesting....thanks for the info!:) And congrats to the Buckeyes!:clap: :clap: