PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Alexander-Van, his 19 sacks ranks him...

icu812
10-31-2009, 12:55 PM
#2 in the state and #15 in the nation going into game #9 he had 18 on the season. He picked up one more in game 9 which pushes his total to 19. He is having a great year!

http://www.maxpreps.com/list/leaderboard_list.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&state=All%20States&sectionid=-Select-&leagueid=-Select-&teamsize=0&teamtype=player&leaguetype=overall&category=defense,sacks&position=-All-&classyear=-All-

LE Dad
10-31-2009, 01:00 PM
:thumbsup: Great job, looks like the Vandals recovered just fine from the loss of their QB.

:D

icu812
10-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:thumbsup: Great job, looks like the Vandals recovered just fine from the loss of their QB.

:D

I think the coaching staff finally decided we were killing ourselves trying to run the spread 90% of the time without a passing QB. Against Canton we went back to our Power I, moved our QB to Wingback, ran the football and let the D do work. The Van defense is healthy again and back at full strength. Our defense really is outstanding and will keep us in every game provided the offense doesn't throw interception after interception in the spread like we did against Wills Point. Even in that game we only gave up 15 points, Wills Point had the ball 34 minutes and we turned the ball over 5 times (4 int's). Glad the senior class will see the playoffs this year. Likely match up is Nevada Community if we can take care of Eustace this week. I see a rematch with Pittsburg in Rd. 2 for the Vandals. Wills Point will go D1 in 14-3A.

Edit: looking at WOS's projections Van could see Quiland Ford. Not sure if Van's 2nd round match up would be Pitt or Pleasant Grove.

Good luck to LE! They could see WP in the playoffs down the road.