Mavericks defeat the Lakers 94-80.

SintonFan
10-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Mavericks defeat the Lakers 94-80.

Good early season win.:clap:

Bull's-eye
10-31-2009, 12:00 PM
IMO, the Lakers really miss Gasol. Ron Artest as not been good so far, maybe the Lakers regret not signing Ariza.

eagles_victory
10-31-2009, 01:41 PM
IMO, the Lakers really miss Gasol. Ron Artest as not been good so far, maybe the Lakers regret not signing Ariza. Its only the second game of the season it is going to take some time to get use to playing with the new team.

icu812
10-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Nice to see the media darlings fall. Mavs defense looks much better this year. Add Josh Howard to the mix when he gets healthy and I really like their team. Still like to see a trade before the deadline to dump Drew Gooden and pick up another Center.

Bull's-eye
10-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Its only the second game of the season it is going to take some time to get use to playing with the new team.

True, but I have seen first hand what you get with Artest. The "Warrior" can carry a team on his back, but wait until he doesn't know when to quit chunking the ball. The "honeymoon" only lasts so long. Gasol means a lot to the Lakers, didn't they miss the playoffs the season before they got him?

eagles_victory
10-31-2009, 02:42 PM
True, but I have seen first hand what you get with Artest. The "Warrior" can carry a team on his back, but wait until he doesn't know when to quit chunking the ball. The "honeymoon" only lasts so long. Gasol means a lot to the Lakers, didn't they miss the playoffs the season before they got him? No they havent missed the playoffs since 04 but they were around a 6 or 7 seed the year before, but the year when they acquired him they were already the top team in the West halfway through the season.

Bull's-eye
10-31-2009, 03:42 PM
In 2006-07 the Lakers were the #7 seed and lost in the first round to #2 Phoenix.