PDA

View Full Version : My ole Toyota 4Runner....should I....

IHStangFan
10-31-2009, 01:42 AM
Thinking about giving the ole girl the "Seafoam" treatment tomorrow. Have heard/read lots of good things about it removing carbon buildup in the engine and whatnot. I went for an inspection today and failed the emissions testing BEARLY. Thinking about doing this and giving her a tuneup and oil change to get me passed.

Anyone have any experience w/ this stuff??

Thanks.

IHStangFan
10-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Did it.....amazing....definitely worth the $9.99!!!

SintonFan
11-01-2009, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Thinking about giving the ole girl the "Seafoam" treatment tomorrow. Have heard/read lots of good things about it removing carbon buildup in the engine and whatnot. I went for an inspection today and failed the emissions testing BEARLY. Thinking about doing this and giving her a tuneup and oil change to get me passed.

Anyone have any experience w/ this stuff??

Thanks.

What is a "Seafoam" treatment?

IHStangFan
11-01-2009, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
What is a "Seafoam" treatment? Seafoam is an additive/solvent. Look it up online and better yet on youtube. The stuff is AMAZING!!

SweenyBulldog
11-02-2009, 01:58 PM
I use it all the time...as a matter of fact put some in this weekend before I went outta town. The stuff works great and not just in vehicles, I use it in my boat too.

IHStangFan
11-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SweenyBulldog
I use it all the time...as a matter of fact put some in this weekend before I went outta town. The stuff works great and not just in vehicles, I use it in my boat too. yup....anything w/ a gasoline engine.....I also hear it works in diesels. Gonna run some through the wife's old truck we're trying to sell just because! :thumbsup:

lostaussie
11-03-2009, 04:33 PM
where you buy..........can you get at wal-mart or an auto parts store?

IHStangFan
11-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
where you buy..........can you get at wal-mart or an auto parts store? I got it at Autozone...but I hear that sometimes Walmart carries it and it's a little cheaper there.