PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Sealy Poll MERGED

Pudlugger
10-31-2009, 12:43 AM
The Leps will host undefeated Sealy in this final regular season game. The Tigers are coming in after a skin of their teeth victory over a stubborn Bellville squad. The Leps are cruising on their high tempo mojo. Will the Tigers have enough spunk to pull out another come from behind victory in Leopard country or will the Leps claim half of the D25 title? The Leps will go to the mattresses and win by a td or so.

thepicker
10-31-2009, 12:46 AM
Ok ok people after week 9 we have the current standings for D25:

Sealy 9-0 4-0

La Grange 8-1 3-1

Giddings 8-1 3-1

Smithville 5-4 1-3

Bellville 5-4 1-3

Columbus 4-5 0-4

So we had La Grange put up a mediocre win over a hapless Columbus 28-7.

Giddings had a DOMINATING win no doubt vs Smithville to put a dash to their playoff hopes.

And yes Sealy, the Tigers remain undefeated. An absolutely ugly first have with 4 turnovers, and allowing Bellville 34 pts. At the half was 34-14. But as all year has been, Sealy came out as a dominate second half squad, outscoring the Brahmas 31-0. Final was Sealy 45 Bellville 34. Good game to both sides. However, this lost also eliminated Bellville from the playoffs.

So we have our playoff bound teams for this season. Sealy will go big school, and pending what happens in the last week, Giddings and La Grange will fight it out for the top spot in the D2 division.

So to get to the post, Sealy goes to Lepoard land next week to take on La Grange. This is a battle for the D25 district championship. A prode title to hold. Any of the 3 teams going to playoffs out of D25 can hang with anyone(and even though Bellville is out, the would easily make it in another district, yall had a good year Brahmas). So whose going to win the battle, I'll leave it up to the voters to decide! Thanks guys and gals.

44INAROW
10-31-2009, 12:49 AM
If Cuero didn't have such an important game next Friday, I'd seriously think about making the drive up 77 to see the Leps and the Tigers battle it out.

gameface
10-31-2009, 06:00 AM
Pudlugger-i appreciate the vote of confidence with your prediction for next weeks game at leopard stadium. Cuero fan-your welcome anytime in leopard country-i will have you a purple shirt and reserved seats for next weeks game at a jam packed stadium, you make the call-gobbler final game or cat fight!?Leopards played great defense and our o-line stole the show! For the district title game, leps will have gameface on.

Tiger Turtle
10-31-2009, 06:11 AM
Hey, Pud - This one will be just like the old days, Tigers and Leps for all the marbles in District. The place will be rockin', I'm sure. Look for me Friday - I'll be the one in the black t-shirt. Better tell the LG staff to get what they need in the first half, 'cause Sealy's defense has pitched 5 second half shutouts so far and only gave up a meaningless garbage time TD to Giddings on top of that.

teetle
10-31-2009, 08:09 AM
Bellville theys almost pulled it off. Buts the Tigers showed they got heart. Theys will do it again nextes week. Pud, yous guys has a very good team, buts the leps cants hang with the Tigers. Jimmie he know what to do. Goods Luck. Congratulations ons making the playoffs. :D :eek: :weeping:

1st and goal
10-31-2009, 08:22 AM
So, since both teams are in the playoffs, would the coaches risk their top 1st stringers??? I know the answer but I just had to ask the question....

This will be a great game. I'd love to be there. I think Lagrange has enough of the right plays to counter Sealy's aggressive defense. But I'm not sure if Lagrange' defense can contain the Tiger's offense enough for a win. This is why we play the game. Goin to be a good one!

1st and goal
10-31-2009, 08:37 AM
MY VOTE FOR GOTW!!!

GiddingsFan
10-31-2009, 08:44 AM
2nd stringers? If LG wins, we are all tied for district champs... correct? Why would they risk it with 2nd string?

Bull's-eye
10-31-2009, 08:54 AM
I have to go with the Tigers. Game after game, they make the adjustments and they know how to finish a game. Downey is just too hard to keep in check. Look for them to make a good run in the playoffs. Didn't think too much of their defense in the first half, but they shut things down after the intermission. LG can win this game, but they will have to be patient. Take the short plays and keep the chains moving. There will be opportunities for the big plays, especially over the middle.

I like what I'm seeing out of Giddings, they may get a re-match with the Tigers. A good running team that can keep the Tigers offense off the field, may have a good chance of winning. Good luck D25!!

Pudlugger
10-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
So, since both teams are in the playoffs, would the coaches risk their top 1st stringers??? I know the answer but I just had to ask the question....

It would be absurd to not play all out to win this game. District championship on the line, team pride and momentum going into the playoffs are all at stake. The Leps want this one real bad. Teetle, with Jimmie's special surprise notwithstanding, the Leps will prevail. Go Leps!

GiddingsFan
10-31-2009, 09:13 AM
After playing both teams, I think LG will win.

hookandladder
10-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I have to go with the Tigers. Game after game, they make the adjustments and they know how to finish a game. Downey is just too hard to keep in check. Look for them to make a good run in the playoffs. Didn't think too much of their defense in the first half, but they shut things down after the intermission. LG can win this game, but they will have to be patient. Take the short plays and keep the chains moving. There will be opportunities for the big plays, especially over the middle.

I like what I'm seeing out of Giddings, they may get a re-match with the Tigers. A good running team that can keep the Tigers offense off the field, may have a good chance of winning. Good luck D25!!

Don't think Giddings will get another shot at Sealy, Sealy D-1, Giddings D-2. LG might get another shot at Giddings.

Bull's-eye
10-31-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Don't think Giddings will get another shot at Sealy, Sealy D-1, Giddings D-2. LG might get another shot at Giddings.

My bad :doh:

Pudlugger
10-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Guess most of the Sealy posters are still chewing on the Sealy/Bellville game bone on page one LOL. Sealy comes off a big come from behind win going into the biggest game of D25 for the Championship. La Grange has an opportunity to prove they can win the big game after letting Giddings slip away late in the third quarter. Somehow an 8-2 record going into the playoffs seems insufficient. The Leps need to win this game. They will work hard to see that it happens.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-31-2009, 01:14 PM
this should be game of the week:D can't wait for friday night... gona be a classic like turtle said just like old times... i think sealy pulls this one out... they just seem to know how to win no matter what situation they are in... sealy is good... la grange is good.. lets get it on...

go sealy

sTx
10-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Well this is gonna be one hell ofa game i cant wait til friday...the tigers owe LG from last year when they got beat at home so i am gonna go w SEALY by 14 :D

KONGZILLA
10-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Obviously everyone form giddings is pulling for la grange, bucasue if la grange wins is district co-champioship BETWEEN THE THREE

IS THE ONLY REASON THOUGH

Mojado
10-31-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
La Grange has an opportunity to prove they can win the big game after letting Giddings slip away late in the third quarter.

Just asking if this can be the most idiotic statement of the month?

PudPusher... You are funny!!! :D

IHStangFan
10-31-2009, 11:40 PM
I picked La Grange, and here's why.....

A few times this year now, Sealy has had to come from behind to win. They seem to come out flat at times and let their opponent jump out to an early lead on them, and then they storm back to take a win late in the game. This works just fine....until they run up against a team that can score quickly, and has a D that can slow them down JUST ENOUGH to maintain a lead. The Tigers will have to play all 4 quarters of football to get past the Leps.

I like La Grange in this one, but feel in all honesty, Sealy is more than capable of getting the win IF they play at 100% for the entire game.

Should be a good one!!

GO LEPS!

strosfan
11-01-2009, 12:27 AM
If La Grange wins and Giddings pulls off a win against Columbus, wouldn't there be a 3-way tie for 1st place?

Pudlugger
11-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Mojado

Wet One were you at that game? The Leps had Giddings on the ropes 26-7 midway into the third quarter and let the Buffs back into the game. Nothing idiotic about that statement at all.

pirate4state
11-01-2009, 10:57 AM
This should be a great game. If Sinton didn't need a win to make the playoffs I'd make the trip too.

Good Luck to the 3 M's & the rest of the Sealy Tigers! Wreck 'em.

44INAROW
11-01-2009, 11:09 AM

I don't get it? Is that exactly what happened?

gambler1606
11-01-2009, 12:01 PM
This should be a classic that last until Midnight, with all the passing going on in this one!!!!!!!!!

Mojado
11-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I don't get it? Is that exactly what happened?

Yall are right. I wasn't at the game. But statements like this from homers are funny, you have to admit that. Giddings had nothing to do with what happened.

Obviously it was not a Giddings comeback, it was a Leopards letback???

:D :D :D

Pudlugger
11-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Actually it was both. The statement never precluded the notion of a Giddings comeback. The Leps lost the momentum and their focus and let the Buffs back into the game. You can't do that with a blue chip team like Giddings. You need to put them away when you are up. It was like one of those Zombie films with the Buffs just refusing to die and keep on coming after you. The Leps need to prove they can beat a top team in a big game. Friday they get the opportunity to do so and I think they are ready.

BTW it was really great to see #68 back out there on the o line contributing to the win in Columbus. Just in time for Sealy too.

sTx
11-01-2009, 07:13 PM
its gonna be a good one....cant wait for friday this will be a good game for both teams right before the playoffs :) sealy wins tho

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-01-2009, 08:03 PM
i don't see the leps d holding the the sealy offense..... i think sealy scores lots and lots of points in this one...

teetle
11-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Pud, he know what he bes talking about. If he says the leps let the buffs back in the game, then theys did. Gidding have a great football team. Yous cannot lets them backs in the game. Theys will bite yous in the butt. LaGrange good that way too. Tigers ofense explosive, defense very good. I thinks Sealy be winning. But can'ts let the Leps hang around. Theys too good for that. Jimmie has something for you. I hope yous likes it.:D :eek: :bigcry:

sTx
11-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by teetle
Pud, he know what he bes talking about. If he says the leps let the buffs back in the game, then theys did. Gidding have a great football team. Yous cannot lets them backs in the game. Theys will bite yous in the butt. LaGrange good that way too. Tigers ofense explosive, defense very good. I thinks Sealy be winning. But can'ts let the Leps hang around. Theys too good for that. Jimmie has something for you. I hope yous likes it.:D :eek: :bigcry:

nicely said :D :clap:

Pudlugger
11-03-2009, 08:46 AM
One good thing to make note of is the Leps go in healthy this Friday. Their starting senior tackle #68 is back and he looked good last week against Columbus. The o line was giving QB Schneider plenty of time to connect with the receivers.

OldBison75
11-03-2009, 10:13 AM
The question in my mind is what the coaches decide to do. Sealy is in as the division 1 representative no matter the outcome. The only real motivation to win is the outright district championship and unbeaten record. Will that make the coaches rest some players to prevent possible injuries? I expect that LaGrange will probably not rest anyone, but they could also. I really expect to see the teams play starters in the first half and then see alot of subs in the game in the second half. If that is the case, Sealy beter play well in the first half, or at least better than they have lately or they will be out of the game by halftime. I would love to see the Tigers play a full four quarter and see how good they really can be, but this might not be the week to risk injury to the starters.

Pudlugger
11-03-2009, 10:42 AM
I really doubt that either Sealy or La Grange will not bring anything less than their best game to the field Friday. Anyone who thinks otherwise just does not appreciate the rivalry here.

63-1! Remember that? I noticed they took down that sign a few years back off IH10 in Sealy LOL. The "1" was LG in 1996.

With the district championship and momentum going into the playoffs neither team will hold back. Go Leps!

ol country boy
11-03-2009, 11:34 AM
going with the Leps in the upset

gameface
11-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Appreciate the comments ol country boy but this cat fight should be a head-to-head rivalry since Tigers deeply wounded in 1996 by Leopards raw talent yielding 20-12 victory in Sealy. Still have that VHS on file in the guest house labeled: TJ denied 36 consecutive wins! And yes, i agree with Pudlugger, sorry to see the boastful I-10 sign missing in action, it always captured my heart sporting the (61-1) record when cruising to Houston. Message to Sealy: bring it on!

957tiger
11-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Speaking of classics who remembers the semi-final game at the Astrodome. LG was ahead, Bozeman was sidelined with a torn ACL that happened in the first quarter. Several teamates sick. The Tigers down with minutes to play in the fourth quarter when Bozeman rallied the troops. Running an option play, throwing his body through the air hitting Lawrence Dobbins at the line as Kelvin Tarver ran for daylight some 70 yards away. The Tigers went on to win the game, and the following week the Tigers won another State Championship.

While the game that broke the winning streak was big, this game was huge because of the dedication and heart this group of boys showed. Now that was a game to remember.

Luv My Tigers
11-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Looking forward to repeating those days! :)

hookandladder
11-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by 957tiger
Speaking of classics who remembers the semi-final game at the Astrodome. LG was ahead, Bozeman was sidelined with a torn ACL that happened in the first quarter. Several teamates sick. The Tigers down with minutes to play in the fourth quarter when Bozeman rallied the troops. Running an option play, throwing his body through the air hitting Lawrence Dobbins at the line as Kelvin Tarver ran for daylight some 70 yards away. The Tigers went on to win the game, and the following week the Tigers won another State Championship.

While the game that broke the winning streak was big, this game was huge because of the dedication and heart this group of boys showed. Now that was a game to remember.

Highlights of that game are on You-Yube, get goosebumps watching it. Coached Bozeman in summer league baseball, just a winner that also lead us to the Babe Ruth World Series.

sTx
11-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by gameface
Appreciate the comments ol country boy but this cat fight should be a head-to-head rivalry since Tigers deeply wounded in 1996 by Leopards raw talent yielding 20-12 victory in Sealy. Still have that VHS on file in the guest house labeled: TJ denied 36 consecutive wins! And yes, i agree with Pudlugger, sorry to see the boastful I-10 sign missing in action, it always captured my heart sporting the (61-1) record when cruising to Houston. Message to Sealy: bring it on!

63-1 :D

Mojado
11-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Team with the ball last wins..... 28-21

11as1
11-04-2009, 01:00 PM
this game is sure to be one of the best you'll see this year. both teams fighting for the district crown. sealy is a good team that can make second half adjustments like no other 3A team i have seen. however, la grange has the quick strike ability to give no insight to what should be changed. this is a toss up pick but i'm going to have to go with the boys from la grange by a touchdown. i think sealy will have a big win hangover after last week and la grange will take care of them.

good luck to both teams in the later games this year. remember even if you don't win this game you still have a chance at the only thing that matters... a ring on your finger

pirate4state
11-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Where is teetle? I haven't had my daily dose of what Jimmie has in store for La Grange. :D :D :D

11as1
11-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Where is teetle? I haven't had my daily dose of what Jimmie has in store for La Grange. :D :D :D

maybe jimmie has run out of tricks and teetle don't like it :D :D

pirate4state
11-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by 11as1
maybe jimmie has run out of tricks and teetle don't like it :D :D Preposterous.

buff4ever
11-04-2009, 04:38 PM
LG will have tough go with sealy speed. but maybe the offense can keep things intersting, then anything can happen.

sTx
11-04-2009, 09:37 PM
yeah....... but i think sealys d is gonna be too fired up for LG to do much

bvillebrahma010
11-04-2009, 11:07 PM
as much as i hate saying it, i gotta go with sealy in this one! haha (no offense sTx)... but Sealy comes out and makes the adjustments! they do what they have to do to get the win! i have not seen a team in h.s. make the adjustments that Sealy does, so they will be the district champs in D25! provided everything falls like it should!

11as1
11-05-2009, 12:14 AM
agreed sealy does make some amazing adjustments, i guess that's what teetle is always talking about.

however i'm still going with the leps in this one i think the big win against bellville will give the tigers a hangover and the leps will pounce on them.

hookandladder
11-05-2009, 07:18 AM
I have not seen Sealy play this year however have been told they are a run first type team. Giddings gave us the most trouble because of their ability to run and throw with really good runners and receivers, I beleive if our front 7 play well and get a good push we will be able to contain their running game well enough to win this one. As stated before game has no effects on the playoffs but I know LG is playing to win, So I will be a homer and pick LG by 6 points. Looking forward to a great game, just like the one in the Dome. WOW.

Mojado
11-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
as much as i hate saying it, i gotta go with sealy in this one! haha (no offense sTx)... but Sealy comes out and makes the adjustments! they do what they have to do to get the win! i have not seen a team in h.s. make the adjustments that Sealy does, so they will be the district champs in D25! provided everything falls like it should!

Can anyone please tell us exactly what some of "adjustments" have been??? I would love to know... I'm not bashing... But most bleacher fans have no clue about fronts or blocking schemes so how the hell can they tell if an adjustment has been made??? I'm just curious...

FbCoachB40
11-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Can anyone please tell us exactly what some of "adjustments" have been??? I would love to know... I'm not bashing... But most bleacher fans have no clue about fronts or blocking schemes so how the hell can they tell if an adjustment has been made??? I'm just curious...

Sometimes the best adjustment is an attitude adjustment. Sealy plays very hard in second half

Mojado
11-05-2009, 11:23 AM
AHHHHHHHH... that makes more sense...

hookandladder
11-05-2009, 11:46 AM

I have been to a few games with coaches that are in the stands watching the game, I watch mainly like most fans where the ball is at or going. The coaches however would be watching what each position player was doing, they see the game totally different then a fan does. So I agree with you that most not all fans have no idea if adjustment were made at halftime or if the coaches just chewed their butt's out. I think if things are not going well for your team in the first, it is mainly because you are not doing what your supposed to do and after a good butt chewing at halftime you either wakeup or layover. Sometimes you are just out talented.

Pudlugger
11-05-2009, 09:11 PM
The Leps will be prepared for any Sealy adjustments. Go Leps! District 25 Tri-Championship on the line.

Mojado
11-05-2009, 10:22 PM
The word "adjustments" on this forum still just cracks me up...:D

Good luck to both teams... and their "adjustments" at the half...:D

Tiger Turtle
11-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Having been in the locker rooms during the Sealy 4-peat run back in the late '90s, I can tell you that there are indeed adjustments made at halftime. Changes to blocking assignments based on the other team's defensive schemes and changes to defensive assignments to deal with opponents' blocking patterns. With this year's Sealy team, the defensive adjustments seem to be the most pronounced, as they have been giving up virtually nothing in the second half. Of course, the other team makes adjustments as well, so things are not static, but when something is working in the first half, you usually don't change it. Coaches do indeed see the game completely different from the normal fan. I have set in film sessions with coaching staffs and I consider myself a reasonably knowledgeable fan. Many times I had to watch a play 4 -5 times in slo-mo to see what the coaches picked up on the first time at full speed. Our HS coaches are damn good at what they do. This is why Texas is always at or near the top in D1 college players.

zebrablue2
11-06-2009, 08:19 AM
sealy by 10...

Mojado
11-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
Having been in the locker rooms during the Sealy 4-peat run back in the late '90s, I can tell you that there are indeed adjustments made at halftime. Changes to blocking assignments based on the other team's defensive schemes and changes to defensive assignments to deal with opponents' blocking patterns. With this year's Sealy team, the defensive adjustments seem to be the most pronounced, as they have been giving up virtually nothing in the second half. Of course, the other team makes adjustments as well, so things are not static, but when something is working in the first half, you usually don't change it. Coaches do indeed see the game completely different from the normal fan. I have set in film sessions with coaching staffs and I consider myself a reasonably knowledgeable fan. Many times I had to watch a play 4 -5 times in slo-mo to see what the coaches picked up on the first time at full speed. Our HS coaches are damn good at what they do. This is why Texas is always at or near the top in D1 college players.

Congrats on being in locker rooms Turtle! I understand and know that there are adjustments during the game, not only at halftime. I was just stating that it is funny how bleacher bums throw the word "adjustments" around as if they know what the hell really happened. They heard Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson use the word last week and now ..... well nevermind... I wasn't tryin to pick a fight, just to laugh a little... :dispntd:

sTx
11-06-2009, 02:44 PM
haha yeah aint nothin wrong w a few laughs

Spread It Out
11-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Congrats on being in locker rooms Turtle! I understand and know that there are adjustments during the game, not only at halftime. I was just stating that it is funny how bleacher bums throw the word "adjustments" around as if they know what the hell really happened. They heard Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson use the word last week and now ..... well nevermind... I wasn't tryin to pick a fight, just to laugh a little... :dispntd:

The guy you originally asked this question to played against Sealy last week.

Tiger Turtle
11-07-2009, 12:20 AM
I guess I didn't understand what you were getting at. Sorry for becoming Captain Obvious. Being in the locker room and on the sidelines during those years was a real thrill.

Pudlugger
11-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Hats off to the Leps for coming back after that heinous spot on 4th and 4. Good luck to the D25 reps in the playoffs. Downey and Miller impressed and Sealy deserves credit for great execution on both sides of the ball. :clap:

gameface
11-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Congrat's to Sealy on a very physical matchup! LG played hard to take a 1st half lead 21-17. The cat fight went down to less than a minute where LG had a few attempts to level the score from mid-field. Sealy prevailed with the 38-31 final at Leopard field. Good luck to you Tigers in the Division I playoffs-make D25 proud! We plan to do the same starting with Sweeny next Friday.

Pudlugger
11-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Go Leps Beat Sweeny.:D