PDA

View Full Version : 31-3A Playoff Race

big daddy russ
10-31-2009, 12:37 AM
I think this is how it works, but not 100% sure. I'm going in order by the team's chances. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ALREADY CLINCHED: Nobody

1. MATHIS (4-1)
(vs. Falfurrias)
IS IN IF...
-They beat Fal -OR-
-Ingleside win -OR-
-Ingleside loss -AND- Sinton win
IS OUT IF...
-They lose -AND- Sinton loses

2. SINTON (4-1)
(vs. West Oso)
IS IN IF...
-They beat West Oso -OR-
-Mathis loss -OR-
-Ingleside win
IS OUT IF...
-They lose -AND- Robstown wins by at least 2 -AND- Mathis wins

3. INGLESIDE: (4-1)
(@ Robstown)
IS IN IF...
-They beat Robstown -OR-
-Sinton loses
IS OUT IF...
-They lose -AND- Sinton wins

4. ROBSTOWN (3-2)
(vs. Ingleside)
IS IN IF...
-They beat Ingleside
IS OUT IF...
-They lose

WOS87
10-31-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm gonna update my district overviews and projections tomorrow but that looks about right. Mathis is pretty much a shoe-in for a playoff spot given their Week 10 opponent (sorry Falf... I still love you guys!)

SintonFan
10-31-2009, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think this is how it works, but not 100% sure. I'm going in order by the team's chances. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ALREADY CLINCHED: Nobody

1. MATHIS (4-1)
(vs. Falfurrias)
IS IN IF...
-They beat Fal -OR-
-Ingleside win -OR-
-Ingleside loss -AND- Sinton win
IS OUT IF...
-They lose -AND- Sinton loses

2. SINTON (4-1)
(vs. West Oso)
IS IN IF...
-They beat West Oso -OR-
-Mathis loss -OR-
-Ingleside win
IS OUT IF...
-They lose -AND- Robstown wins by at least 2 -AND- Mathis wins

3. INGLESIDE: (4-1)
(@ Robstown)
IS IN IF...
-They beat Robstown -OR-
-Sinton loses
IS OUT IF...
-They lose -AND- Sinton wins

4. ROBSTOWN (3-2)
(vs. Ingleside)
IS IN IF...
-They beat Ingleside
IS OUT IF...
-They lose

Looks good and using a crayon for style points, too.:thumbsup: :thinking: ;)

CueroDad08
10-31-2009, 01:19 AM
So what happens if the top three win?

big daddy russ
10-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
So what happens if the top three win?
Each of the top three teams in the race still controls their own destiny. So if any win, they're in.

Robstown is in if they beat Ingleside and if Sinton wins... OR if they're automatically in if they win by eight or more.

SintonFan
10-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Each of the top three teams in the race still controls their own destiny. So if any win, they're in.

Robstown is in if they beat Ingleside and if Sinton wins... OR if they're automatically in if they win by eight or more.

We got the Howling Bears!:(

big daddy russ
10-31-2009, 01:31 AM
4. ROBSTOWN (3-2)
(vs. Ingleside)
IS IN IF...
-They beat Ingleside
IS OUT IF...
-They lose
Just realized there's a mistake here. If Robstown wins but Sinton and/or loses, they still might be pushed out of the playoffs depending on point spread. If Ing, Sinton, and Mathis all lose by some miracle, Ingleside has an automatic berth.

IHStangFan
10-31-2009, 01:45 AM
:clap:

WOS87
10-31-2009, 01:48 AM
What it really comes down to is:

If Ingleside wins next week it's very simple. Sinton, Mathis and Ingleside are in the playoffs

If Ingleside loses... and Sinton and Mathis both win like they easily should, then Sinton, Mathis and Robstown are in the playoffs

If Sinton and/or Mathis gets upset then it becomes a total mess

99IHSMustang
10-31-2009, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by WOS87

If Ingleside wins next week it's very simple. Sinton, Mathis and Ingleside are in the playoffs

If Ingleside loses... then it's a total mess

That is pretty much what I thought... :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-31-2009, 01:53 AM

If Ingleside loses... then it's a total mess If Sinton and Mathis win its simple, Sinton div 2 #1 seed and Mathis #2 seed div 2 and winner of Ingleside at Robstown goes div 1, i think that is the most likely scenario.

WOS87
I corrected my original post a bit. I will be quite surprised if either Sinton or Mathis loses in Week 10. The final playoff slot comes down to the winner of Ingleside vs Robstown IMO and I believe I said it last week, that I thought Ingleside would win out and so far so good! :)

IHStangFan

If Ingleside loses... and Sinton and Mathis both win like they easily should, then Sinton, Mathis and Robstown are in the playoffs

If Sinton and/or Mathis gets upset then it becomes a total mess With that said.....I'd like to see it stay "simple" from the Ingleside standpoint...and get messy from there. :devil:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-31-2009, 01:54 AM

If Sinton and/or Mathis gets upset then it becomes a total mess Sinton, Mathis and Ingleside lose then its really a mess... 4 way tie

pirate4state
10-31-2009, 02:10 AM
Guys, none of that is gonna happen. LOL

All 3 teams will win next week. Robstown won't be able to stop Ingleside. Oso won't be able to stop us and Fal hasn't stopped anyone. Sorry.

:D

elcabezon
10-31-2009, 09:09 AM
I'd like to see Robstown in the Playoffs. Mom's family is from Robstown and my dad's is from Zapata... so it would be a split household....

But we will be ready for either Robstown or Ingleside. Coming off their best offensive performance in years the Hawks are ROLLING!!!!

PhiI C
10-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Guys, none of that is gonna happen. LOL

All 3 teams will win next week. Robstown won't be able to stop Ingleside. Oso won't be able to stop us and Fal hasn't stopped anyone. Sorry.

:D

:eek:

"BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!"

:(

PhiI C
10-31-2009, 09:52 AM
There is little doubt that Mathis is going to lose to FAlfurrias even though there is a possiblility because I remember in the playoffs in 1979 Falfurrias lost a close game to Gregory-Portland who went on the the semis.

If Robstown, Ingleside and Sinton were in a three way tie it would be Robstown and Ingleside most likely.

Remember Sinton beat Robstown by 1 point and lost to Ingleside by 7 which give us a -6 points in the three way tie.

Robstown is at -1 based on their point loss to Sinton.

Ingleside is at +7 on its' win against Sinton.

By winning Robstown would automatically be in based on that theory. For Sinton to get it Robstown would have to beat Ingleside by 14 otherwise they would be tied at -6 each but Ingleisde would win head to head. I expect the Robstown vs Ingleside to be close though.

All in all interesting possiblilities. The one big edge Sinton has is that the West Oso game is in Sinton.