PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Yoe vs. Caldwell

Milk That Cow
10-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Cameron Yoe OWNS the Caldwell Hornets in this long time series...

I think Cameron Yoe is the most talented team in the District...

Will they come ready to play?

CHS_CG
10-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Goin with Caldwell.. we are focused and have our eyes on the prize!!! We know Cameron is going to come in ready to play and put up a good fight as they are coming off a win against Navasota, but Caldwell will come out with the W!!!

Rabid Cougar
10-31-2009, 12:27 AM
If its in Caldwell they will have a huge leak in the sprinker system for sure....

Yoe_09
10-31-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
If its in Caldwell they will have a huge leak in the sprinker system for sure....

Na the game is at Yoe field. I think it will be a big test for the Yoe D to stop the power run of Caldwell. If the Yoe can play like they did against Navasota or a little better I think they would have a good chance at home.

Yoefan11
10-31-2009, 12:49 AM
Playing in Cameron for this one...I'm riding with the Yoe, of course, but I'm curoius to see if they have a hangover from their win over navasota or if they will still be hungry since they didn't win by the needed 14 points...I hope its the latter.

Cameron did well against Navasota's run. but haven't played well agianst power football so far. Cameron's going to have to control the clock in this one...and play bigger than they are on defense...

yes..i think they can do it...LET'S GET IT YOE!!!!

Hornet Mom 2
10-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Of course I am going with the Hornets on this one. It's going to be a tough game down to the last ticks of the clock in the 4th quarter. Cameron has to fight to try to earn a play-off spot, and still needs help from other teams in the district to do that.

Caldwell wants the undefeated District Championship.

Milk That Cow
10-31-2009, 01:31 PM
When is the last time Caldwell has beaten Cameron in Cameron?

ProudHornetMom
10-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
Of course I am going with the Hornets on this one. It's going to be a tough game down to the last ticks of the clock in the 4th quarter. Cameron has to fight to try to earn a play-off spot, and still needs help from other teams in the district to do that.

Caldwell wants the undefeated District Championship.

:iagree:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Coach BS
10-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Very hard to win in Cameron but Caldwell finds a way to win an undefeated dist. championship. Way to go Caldwell:clap:

Yoefan11
10-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Alright so I gotta know, what were the Caldwell's D's stats vs. Navasota?

Global Swarming
10-31-2009, 06:31 PM
I believe that Navasota had just barely over 100 yards total against us.

Global Swarming
10-31-2009, 06:40 PM
They had 69 yards rushing and 34 yards passing against us.

Yoefan11
10-31-2009, 06:56 PM
wow... :eek:

I don't think Cameron will be held like that at home...especially since we're fighting to get in position for a playoff spot...and Caldwell has already sown up the district championship. I know everyone will jump up to refute this...but hey..I think Caldwell won't be as ready for this game as Cameron...I know they want to be undefeated district champs...but for 16-18 yr old kids they are gonna be looking forward to that playoff run whereas Cameron will be trying to give its seniors a chance to play one more game...they know they have to win..their backs are against the wall...and I have faith that they will deliver...

Yoe_09
10-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Yoefan11

I don't think Cameron will be held like that at home...especially since we're fighting to get in position for a playoff spot...and Caldwell has already sown up the district championship. I know everyone will jump up to refute this...but hey..I think Caldwell won't be as ready for this game as Cameron...I know they want to be undefeated district champs...but for 16-18 yr old kids they are gonna be looking forward to that playoff run whereas Cameron will be trying to give its seniors a chance to play one more game...they know they have to win..their backs are against the wall...and I have faith that they will deliver...

I dont think there is no way they will be able to hold us to that on a dry field at home. I think it will be tight throughout if the Yoe come to play just like they did against Navasota.

ProudHornetMom
11-01-2009, 03:26 PM

We won't be looking ahead to the playoffs, we've been there the past 3 years...and it's a bye the first playoff week. What we haven't experienced in a very long time is to be undefeated in district and outright district champs so the team is very focused. And besides...it's Cameron.

It will a great game between two focused teams, both with different goals in mind.

stenroh
11-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Caldwell will win this one, however if they don't doesn't matter they will still be outright DISTRICT CHAMPIONS. And Cameron will still be watching the play-offs, cause Taylor ain't gonna beat Rockdale, however Madisonville is very capable of beating Navasota. The stars will have to line up perfect for Cameron to make the play-offs. With that being said do you think Cameron and can get up for the game knowing all that.....

OldBison75
11-01-2009, 10:29 PM
The Caldwell offense will expose the Cameron defense as weak against the power running game. The Cameron offense will get a big taste of what Caldwell gave the Navasota offense. Lots of blitz packages that will keep Townsend and the other QB running for thier life and no time for anything to open up. I won't be surprised at all if Caldwell wins by 21.

Caldwell has proven all year that they were better than anyone predicted and that will not change this week. This is a team on a mission and I think they have the type team and attitude to go very deep in the playoffs.

I hope both teams have a good clean game with no injuries.

Yoe_09
11-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Once again I think the Yoe defense will need to hold Caldwell to 21 or under just like they did against Navasota. I dont think that the Yoe offense will be shut down at home and should score some points.

Yoe_09
11-03-2009, 10:49 PM
One of our offensive lineman will probably be out for this game. We do not really have a lot of depth at the line and a freshmen will probably be playing quite a bit in this game.

Yoefan11
11-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
The Caldwell offense will expose the Cameron defense as weak against the power running game. The Cameron offense will get a big taste of what Caldwell gave the Navasota offense. Lots of blitz packages that will keep Townsend and the other QB running for thier life and no time for anything to open up. I won't be surprised at all if Caldwell wins by 21.

Cameron made changes in their Defensive personnel last week against Navasota that I think makes them a better team, why it has taken them so long to do it? Idk, but they have put their best players on the D. Some kids who lost their spots quit last week, and honestly I think that helped us, for quite a few years we've had kids on the defensive side of the ball who, while they have the talent to play, they haven't had the mindset and attitude to be successful, when the opposing offense converted a third down there was immediate finger pointing and bickering coming from a select few that deteriorated the D...you can't stop ANY kind of offense like that, especially a power O that will keep pounding and pounding away at you.

So I think with the new changes, and the loss of a few kids, our defense is where it should have been at the begining of the season. And I think they will have much more success against this Smash Mouth O than ppl are giving them credit...

Oh, and remember this name...Edgar Luna, Freshman NT for the Yoemen, I was VERY impressed by his numbers last week against a much bigger, and much more experienced Navasota Offensive Line, he will be a force up the middle this friday, and a lot more Friday's to come....

Superbacker 00'
11-04-2009, 08:18 AM
although very impressed with the yoe team gotta go with that hornet O in this one but i dont think hornets win by more than 7:D

Yoe_09
11-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Cameron made changes in their Defensive personnel last week against Navasota that I think makes them a better team, why it has taken them so long to do it? Idk, but they have put their best players on the D. Some kids who lost their spots quit last week, and honestly I think that helped us, for quite a few years we've had kids on the defensive side of the ball who, while they have the talent to play, they haven't had the mindset and attitude to be successful, when the opposing offense converted a third down there was immediate finger pointing and bickering coming from a select few that deteriorated the D...you can't stop ANY kind of offense like that, especially a power O that will keep pounding and pounding away at you.

So I think with the new changes, and the loss of a few kids, our defense is where it should have been at the begining of the season. And I think they will have much more success against this Smash Mouth O than ppl are giving them credit...

Oh, and remember this name...Edgar Luna, Freshman NT for the Yoemen, I was VERY impressed by his numbers last week against a much bigger, and much more experienced Navasota Offensive Line, he will be a force up the middle this friday, and a lot more Friday's to come....

no doubt the changes on defense were huge in this game. If we had the normal starters that we have had earlier in the season we would have not won the game. These guys are coming in and making huge open-field tackles late in the game that helps totally changes what we have been doing. I hope to see most of the same group on defense for the Caldwell game besides Brandon Freeman which was injured.

ProudHornetMom
11-05-2009, 10:44 PM
We're coming your way! Here's to an injury free, great game played on the field.

Sting'em Hornets!

Yoe_09
11-05-2009, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
We're coming your way! Here's to an injury free, great game played on the field.

Sting'em Hornets! [/QUOTE

we have had some injruies this week. Of course we know our top WR is out in Brandon Freeman. We also have a few linemen banged up, so we will have to see who will be starting.

ProudHornetMom
11-06-2009, 12:16 PM
It's a great day to be a Caldwell Hornet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait for tonight.

zebrablue2
11-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
It's a great day to be a Caldwell Hornet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait for tonight.

best of luck mom, and be safe!!!

hornet07
11-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Yoemen ready to take care of business against Hornets

By Raymond Jordan

Before all is said and done on the 2009 regular season this Friday night, the Yoemen are going to need a little help if they want to suit up in the playoffs.

First of all, the Yoemen need to focus on beating the 12th-ranked Caldwell Hornets, who have already clinched the District 26-3A championship and a spot in the post season.

From there, two different scenarios could play out, but all roads lead back to the winner between the Taylor Ducks and the Rockdale Tigers.

If Taylor wins, the Yoemen are in. If not, the Yoemen will have another shot next season.

Head coach Rick Rhoades outlined a few of the possible scenarios, each built on the premise that the Yoemen beat Caldwell.

If Navasota defeats Madisonville, and Rockdale beats Taylor, then the Yoemen would be in a three-way tie with those two teams.

Since Rockdale defeated Cameron by more that 14 points, 41-21, and Navasota beat Rockdale by more than 14 points, 41-13, Cameron would be out since the Yoemen only beat Navasota by two points.

The second scenario has Madisonville defeating Navasota this week. In that case, Madisonville, Rockdale and Cameron would be in a three-way tie.

Since both teams defeated Cameron, it would be out.

“The bottom line for us is that Taylor needs to beat Rockdale,” Rhoades said. “If Taylor beats Rockdale and we win our ballgame, we’re in the playoffs. If we win and Rockdale beats Taylor, then we’re out.”

But, defeating the Caldwell Hornets will be a challenge for the Yoemen.

The Hornets (7-1, 5-0), who are undefeated in district play, are coming into the game on the heels of a 47-0 shut-out win against Taylor to clinch the district championship.

The Hornets’ Wing-T offense brings a run heavy approach that chews yardage and controls the clock.

“They are a downhill smash-mouth kind of offense,” Rhoades said. “They don’t break a lot of long runs. Most of their runs are three and four yards a shot, and they just continuously move the ball down the field.”

So far, the Hornets have amassed 2,743 yards rushing the ball, much of them coming from their star running back Kysan Woolverton, who has a district leading 1,242 yard on 211 carries for 24 touchdowns.

On defense, the Hornets form up in a 4-1 formation similar to Navasota’s defensive scheme, but they tend to be more aggressive on defense, Rhoades said.

One of the things Rhoades said his team will have to combat is the fact that Caldwell will often blitz with its linebackers to disrupt the passing game.

The Yoemen passing game, however, matches up well against the Caldwell run.

The Yoemen lead the district with 2,207 yards, over half of the Yoemen’s 3,439 total yards.

Both offenses should be a handful for the other team’s defenders.

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Good luck to both teams and safe traveling to and from Cameron!

ProudHornetMom
11-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks ZB2 and Hemo.

Confident the Hornets and Rattlers will win. Here's to all of us having safe travel, no injuries and great games. I know I'll be texting back and forth with my Navasota friend "Snakes" tonight.

Zebra - if your calling tonight...be safe on the road.

Hornet Mom 2
11-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Can't wait to watch the game tonight! Our Hornets are READY! Also want to wish good luck to our volleyball team tonight as they take on Bridge City! GO HORNETS!

87 TIGER
11-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Thanks ZB2 and Hemo.

Confident the Hornets and Rattlers will win. Here's to all of us having safe travel, no injuries and great games. I know I'll be texting back and forth with my Navasota friend "Snakes" tonight.

Zebra - if your calling tonight...be safe on the road. Hornet mom, your not confident that Rockdale is gonna win?Caldwell, Navasota, and Rockdale D-24 reps. Good luck to all and injury free

BaseballUmp
11-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Here's to a dry normal playing field lol:D