PDA

View Full Version : Dear Caldwell....

snakebite
10-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Never in my life did I ever think I would say this but ya'll deserve a huge CONGRATULATIONS on being the District 24-3A champion. And I am not saying this because ya'll don't have the athletes, just swallowing my pride!! Anyways, congrats and hope the best for the Hornets as they make their way through the playoff's!

Hornet Mom 2
10-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks snakebite...we are very proud of our team! Good luck to Navasota next week!

CHS_CG
10-30-2009, 11:17 PM
We are very proud of our boys! They worked hard and it is paying off. Thanks Snakebite!

GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!!

HornetMom
10-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes, we are very proud of both the Hornets and the Lady Hornets. Both are District Champs.

Sting 'em Hornets

navscanmaster
10-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Congratulations. I know the game doesn't matter much, but watch out for Cameron. Other than that, good luck in the playoffs.

cameron91
10-30-2009, 11:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing on the way home from work tonight.

Caldwell District Champs ..WOW..

Congrats..job well done..:clap: ..good luck next week..

HornetMom
10-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by cameron91

Been awhile since we have been able to say that. :clap: :clap: :clap:

cameron91
10-30-2009, 11:37 PM

I'm still shocked..I'm taking off work next friday to come and see this game..now , it's time for me to watch the young and the restless..

once again congrats..

2009 D-24 District Champs..:clap: :clap:

OldBison75
10-30-2009, 11:41 PM
I will add my congratulations to the 2009 District Champions from Caldwell High School. You have gone out every week and done what it takes to win. Don't let up next week and you will be okay. Don't take anything for granted from Cameron, they are a very capable team and will be overflowing with confidence.

Caldwell Hornets, you will represent District 24 well and the Rattler nation hopes you go all the way.

Yoefan11
10-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Hey Caldwell...Congrats on a great season so far and on the Championship...

You know since next week doesn't matter, and yall kinda pulled the rug from underneath us last season...how about yall make the district race interesting and you know...leave all your starters at home next friday...you know...maybe they were "late to the bus"....i mean, who needs to go undefeated district? One blemish on the district record wont look that bad would it? hahahaha

Naw, can't wait to see yall in cameron next week...good luck...

zebrablue2
10-31-2009, 12:30 AM
congrats to the hornets. keep up the good work:2thumbsup

44INAROW
10-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
We are very proud of our boys! They worked hard and it is paying off. Thanks Snakebite!

GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!!

congrats to the Hornets
:clap: :clap:

Showbiz
10-31-2009, 01:52 AM
The Hornets have a ton of good athletes in all sports this year. The program is looking good these days.

1st and goal
10-31-2009, 08:33 AM
The hornets have definitely proven themselves this year.

Congrats to your district championship!

On a side note to Caldwell fans, Are there any good taquito places in Caldwell? I drive thru there every morning.;)

Hornet Mom 2
10-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
The hornets have definitely proven themselves this year.

Congrats to your district championship!

On a side note to Caldwell fans, Are there any good taquito places in Caldwell? I drive thru there every morning.;)

JP's Taco Express...
Turn on to 36 South (going towards Somerville)
Immediately after the light past Sonic on the right

There is another place (sorry I don't know the name of it)
Off of 21, turn on to N Main (the light where Zip'N is)
1/2 a block or so down on the left...

Bull's-eye
10-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Congrats to the Hornets and the good people of Caldwell. Good luck in the playoffs! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1st and goal
10-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
JP's Taco Express...
Turn on to 36 South (going towards Somerville)
Immediately after the light past Sonic on the right

There is another place (sorry I don't know the name of it)
Off of 21, turn on to N Main (the light where Zip'N is)
1/2 a block or so down on the left...

Thanks, now back to the original thread.

How does the playoff scenario look after last nights games?

Who goes D1 etc??

ProudHornetMom
10-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks all my dl friends. We are excited and very proud of our Hornets and Lady Hornets.

Babble Alert from a football mom.

I had a whimpy football mom moment reading this thread. Last night was senior night and the last night for the seniors to play at home. Some moms were tearful when walking with their senior but I wasn't. I was anxious for football and more worried that my son wasn't in the field house. Had no problem with the game...or the pictures after the game. I was a tough football mom.

Then I read this and cried like a baby. If y'all are shocked we're the outright district champs...imagine us watching it unfold. We knew our teams could do it. It's taken several years for the community to embrace...well at least accept...going to a running game. Our coaches are cohesive and looked at programs that would fit the type of players Caldwell has. It's not an easy change to the Slot and they took some heat for making the change. They stuck with the change and worked hard to learn it from the Slot pros in the state. Our program is from 7th grade on and as the kids grow up in the system, they become better year after year...building on the year before. We've been blessed with a consistency in the program, a stable coaching staff and a team that works very well together. It's gelled and it's our time.

I love knowing that we can talk a little bravado trash and support our teams but will come together to acknowledge success of others. D24 is tough and has really good football teams. While there are times that I wish we had one of the easier districts...honestly it's a honor to be part of one of the toughest football districts in the state. I think we all make each other stronger teams by the caliber of competion we bring to and against each other.

And how cool is it to have our dl friends? I know that if I ever needed help in any community, a dl friend would be there in an instant. We pray for each other, recommend taco stands, may yell at each other and annoy the dickens out of each other but in the end, we're a pretty great group of football fans supporting our teams.

OK..babbled enough. Please know we appreciate the support, the competition and for allowing us some time to shine.

It's time to put on my big girl pants, stop crying and get back in football mom mode...and get ready for Cameron.

Love y'all!

navscanmaster
10-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Thanks, now back to the original thread.

How does the playoff scenario look after last nights games?

Who goes D1 etc??

Doesn't change much. The winner of Navasota/Madisonville goes DI, and Rockdale, assuming they beat Taylor, goes as the DII runner up to Caldwell, the DII champion. It would take a Cameron win, along with a Navasota loss and a Rockdale loss to put Cameron in the playoffs. Cameron is by far the long shot for making the playoffs, with their two losses to Madisonville and Rockdale. Navasota "should" rebound with a playoff birth on the line, but they also "should" have beaten Cameron. Madisonville has played both of their district losses to within a TD, so they will be hungry as well.

OldBison75
10-31-2009, 11:06 AM
A message to MOM and all the Caldwell faithful:

Each of you deserves to be proud of your friends, sons, and students for the fine performance of your athletes this year. But, I want to congratulate you, the parents, for the dignity and enthusiam you show in support of these kids. Yeah, you might annoy sometimes and most weeks you will find someody that will get under your skin with a comment or two, but you never waver on the support for your team and school. That is a fine example for your kids to follow and you should be proud of the message you send to us all. (I will say that there is a currently banned poster that does not fall into this category, but I think he has been forbidden in Caldwell anyhow.)

I wish you and your all the luck in the world in the playoffs and I know that win or lose, the posters who support the Hornets and the Hornets will represent this district with pride, class and honor.

Bull's-eye
10-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey, if the Hornets win state, we (Bellville) can say we beat the state champs. :)

Just kidding around with my Caldwell fans, but state champs would sound nice. :)

sTx
10-31-2009, 01:26 PM
congrats caldwell

zebrablue2
10-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Hey, if the Hornets win state, we (Bellville) can say we beat the state champs. :)

Just kidding around with my Caldwell fans, but state champs would sound nice. :)

:iagree: and I hope it comes to pass!!!! go hornets. take it 1 game at a time, but go and win STATE:2thumbsup

stenroh
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
State Champs would be nice, I remember watching the first scrimage game. And I said right then and actually called it... We would win district and go at least 3 rounds deep, The first round is a bye which s--ks, but win 1 play-off game and it will be the first time Caldwell will get to the third round. And when you get to the third round anything can happen. To the TEAM and COACHES thanks for making my District Champion prediction become a reality......... Congrats HORNETS.........

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Caldwell has proven that they deserve the championship!

Congrats!

cameronyoe
11-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Congrats on winning district, but Caldwell will not win state. I have watched them a couple of times this year. They look good. But not a state champion caliber team. Good luck Friday. Don't overlook my yoemen like the rattlers did. It will come back to haunt you. Just ask Navasota

stenroh
11-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey Liberty Hill won state with this offense, it's a stretch, but It could happen.

StangEm
11-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Great job Hornets!! Good luck this week and on into the playoffs.

lulu
11-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom
Been awhile since we have been able to say that. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratz to your team:D Both of them.

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Babble Alert from a football mom.

Love y'all!
Babbling is always welcome! :D

I'm kind of late but congrats to the Hornets and the Duck. :kiss: