Rockdale 3-2 at Taylor
Navasota 3-2 at Madisonville in Mud
Madisonville 3-2 home Navasota in Mud
Cameron 3-2 home Caldwell without best receiver

What a mess.............

I think:

Rockdale win and they are in.
Winner of Navasota/Madisonville in
Cameron in if Rockdale losses and Madisonville looses and they beat D24 winner Caldwell.

snakebite
10-30-2009, 11:16 PM
I wonder if even Jesus knows about this yet....if so...I'm sure he's scratching his head like everyone else is

navscanmaster
10-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I think:

Rockdale win and they are in.
Winner of Navasota/Madisonville in
Cameron in if Rockdale losses and Madisonville looses and they beat D24 winner Caldwell.

I don't think Rockdale loses at all. However, Caldwell had better be paying attention to what Cameron did tonight. The Yoemen are NOT a gimme game by any means. I think that game will be decided by one TD.

yoe64
10-30-2009, 11:33 PM
The only way Cameron gets in is if Rockdale loses, and if we beat caldwell. Which is a lot easier said than done.

Coach BS
10-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Who woulda thought 1-2 weeks ago that there would be a 4-way tie for second ? 3 weeks ago it looked more like a 3-way tie for first, with madisonville &Cameron out.

ProudHornetMom
10-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I don't think Rockdale loses at all. However, Caldwell had better be paying attention to what Cameron did tonight. The Yoemen are NOT a gimme game by any means. I think that game will be decided by one TD.

With our long time history with Cameron, Hornets know that Cameron isn't a gimme game and they are fired up to be undefeated in district play.

As for the district mess, I'm with y'all, who would have thought it would play out this way? :eek:

navscanmaster
10-31-2009, 11:49 PM
At the beginning of the season, it looked like Rockdale was the front runner, Navasota was second, and Cameron and Caldwell would be fighting it out for the last spot, with Madisonville, Taylor, and Rudder fighting a futile battle. After the Bellville/Navasota game, I doubt many people were thinking the Rattlers would lose a district game. Now we are sitting here with two losses, having to travel to play a rival team that can get in by beating us, leaving us at home. From #5 in the state to fighting for another week before the playoffs even begin. That is the cold reality that Rattler fans are trying to grasp.

navscanmaster
11-01-2009, 12:00 AM
And the sad thing is, I still think they have what it takes to play with anybody in the state in 3A. I have watched these kids for years now, and I know what they are capable of. But I also know that unless the coaches let these boys play some REAL FOOTBALL, we will not be contenders for long. If you come to a Navasota game, you will notice that we never, ever, go under center, except for goalline plays. We also never, ever, blitz linebackers or secondary. Never. Think I am being sarcastic? Think again. The defense is still getting the job done, so it is not that noticeable to people. But Cameron woke up at the very least me as to what happens when you don't put any pressure on a good quarterback, such as Townsend. Townsend is good, but Gilmer's Godfrey is sensational. If we beat Madisonville, and then somehow get past another good QB in Silsbee's Jackson, we will face him. And let me tell you, if our REALLY GOOD linebackers are nothing but zone defenders against a team like Gilmer, it is going to be ugly.

All that said, I trust that Lee Fedora has been through enough to see what it is going to take to get this team back on track to make these senior's season special. If you were there at Navasota Friday night, you saw that 2/3 of our team are seniors. I understand we have a great JV/Freshmen team lined up, but any team has a hard time replacing 30 seniors. I think this is the year to pull out all the stops and make a big run.

Yoefan11
11-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
At the beginning of the season, it looked like Rockdale was the front runner, Navasota was second, and Cameron and Caldwell would be fighting it out for the last spot, with Madisonville, Taylor, and Rudder fighting a futile battle. After the Bellville/Navasota game, I doubt many people were thinking the Rattlers would lose a district game. Now we are sitting here with two losses, having to travel to play a rival team that can get in by beating us, leaving us at home. From #5 in the state to fighting for another week before the playoffs even begin. That is the cold reality that Rattler fans are trying to grasp.

Thats like Cameron back in '06-'07...ranked #5 in the state for the 1st two weeks...then we got knocked off by Gatesville and the season went downhill from there...we had the team to beat just a bout anyone in the state...but over confidence killed us...

I think Navasota will pull out a close one at Mville. Mville's D is pretty stout and will keep the game interesting...

Cameron will beat Caldwell at home..leaving their playoff hopes in the hands of Rockdale...

I'm gonna go with the huge upset and call Taylor te winner over Rockdale...Mark Jackson will have a great game and WR Kerley will expose the rockdale 2ndary..I also think Rockdale' O will struggle again and continue its inconsistency...

It's going to be a crazy friday around D24!!!!

venomous tat2
11-01-2009, 11:45 AM
D- 24 is a lot tougher than most people think and that's a fact .
The turnover bug hit us like the flu Fri nite we did not deserve to win.

OldBison75
11-01-2009, 12:05 PM
TAT, there were alot of Madisonville players in the home stands at Navasota that witnessed the game. The comments I heard from them included things like "Navasota can't handle the blitz" and "we have to tackle the ball all night because they don't protect it".

Does Navasota have a quick slant to counter the LB blitzes and what about just lining up and ponding the ball from a power formation behind the best offensie line in the district. Madisonville is always tough on the Rattlers and playing them at home will be tough under any circumstances. Is McDuffie gonna be ready this week?

I am asking about the blitz because I noticed against Caldwell and Cameron, both teams blitzed the outside LB's when we had no wingback or H-back on thier side. I also saw that if there was no H-back, they blitzed both outside backers. A quick slant to the blitzing LB side would force them to respect the space and may open up the field better. I am not a coach and may be reading the whole thing wrong, but just asking.

Global Swarming
11-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Yoefan11
Thats like Cameron back in '06-'07...ranked #5 in the state for the 1st two weeks...then we got knocked off by Gatesville and the season went downhill from there...we had the team to beat just a bout anyone in the state...but over confidence killed us...

I think Navasota will pull out a close one at Mville. Mville's D is pretty stout and will keep the game interesting...

Cameron will beat Caldwell at home..leaving their playoff hopes in the hands of Rockdale...

I'm gonna go with the huge upset and call Taylor te winner over Rockdale...Mark Jackson will have a great game and WR Kerley will expose the rockdale 2ndary..I also think Rockdale' O will struggle again and continue its inconsistency...

Global Swarming
11-01-2009, 12:38 PM
There's only problem with your theory. Cameron will not beat Caldwell so it won't matter any way.:D Even if they do it still won't matter.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-01-2009, 01:00 PM
I've said many times over the last few years, Cameron/Caldwell is now a blood feud. It's not the respectable rivalry that is Rockdale/Cameron. Ever since that bs Caldwell win during the Pittman years, it's been intense. So for anyone to just say "Oh cameron won't even be competitive," just remember when Cameron went 1-9 several years ago, Caldwell escaped that game w/ their life in what was "supposed" to be a mugging. I look for Cameron to pull the upset and even if they don't make it to the playoffs, they still get to rain on the Hornets.

ProudHornetMom
11-01-2009, 02:49 PM

Jackson went out early in the game Friday and never returned. Not sure what the injury was.

Rockdale won't have a problem with Taylor. Taylor has those big athletes but boy were there attitude-discipline issues on the field. Secondary would quit running near the 20 if they thought we were going to score. This began with the second touchdown. It wasn't a containment or area issue, it was a I'm not going out of my way issue. The D-line occassionally pushed through but no consistency. The O-line seemed confused from the beginning. Lots of bad trash talk...to players, refs and coaches. It's been a tough season for them and their frustration is showing on the field. It's a mess.

ProudHornetMom
11-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
I've said many times over the last few years, Cameron/Caldwell is now a blood feud. It's not the respectable rivalry that is Rockdale/Cameron. Ever since that bs Caldwell win during the Pittman years, it's been intense. So for anyone to just say "Oh cameron won't even be competitive," just remember when Cameron went 1-9 several years ago, Caldwell escaped that game w/ their life in what was "supposed" to be a mugging. I look for Cameron to pull the upset and even if they don't make it to the playoffs, they still get to rain on the Hornets.

Blood feud the last few years! We moved to Caldwell in the early 80's during the Toby York days and the feud was already well-established. It's always a game that both teams bring all they have to field. Neither team will be distracted.

Of course, I'm confident in my Hornets rain or shine. Y'all may attempt to rain on us but remember we "reign" in wet, muddy conditions. ;)

Can't wait for Friday!

P.S. - We have a feud but I don't think it comes close to Bellville and Sealy's rivalry. :eek:

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Caldwell did a great job at exposing Navasota's inability to handle the blitz. If the coaches in Madisonville took notice (I'm sure that they did), look for the Mustangs to come into Friday's matchup with a ton of blitz packages. Given that Madisonville's strong suite is their defense, I look for Friday's matchup to be close with the winning team scoring 14-21 points. It will be interesting which Navasota team shows up. Some nights the Rattlers look great. If Navasota wins Friday, look for their next playoff opponent to blitz the heck out of them. Navasota hasn't shown that they can protect the QB against the blitz.

Good luck to both teams.

Go Snakes!

stenroh
11-01-2009, 10:40 PM

Caldwell will win this one, however if they don't doesn't matter they will still be outright DISTRICT CHAMPIONS. And Cameron will still be watching the play-offs, in this game there is nothing to RAIN ON, unless of course it rains late in the week. Taylor ain't gonna beat Rockdale, however Madisonville is very capable of beating Navasota. Look out Snakes the mustangs have been buckin and kickin all season looking for that big win. I watched them when they played Caldwell I was thinking then Caldwell is coming off a bye week and a little flat, but know I think they are a pretty good football team. The stars will have to line up perfect for Cameron to make the play-offs. With that being said do you think Cameron and can get up for the game knowing all that.....or will they be ready for a little B-Ball.......

venomous tat2
11-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
TAT, there were alot of Madisonville players in the home stands at Navasota that witnessed the game. The comments I heard from them included things like "Navasota can't handle the blitz" and "we have to tackle the ball all night because they don't protect it".

Does Navasota have a quick slant to counter the LB blitzes and what about just lining up and ponding the ball from a power formation behind the best offensie line in the district. Madisonville is always tough on the Rattlers and playing them at home will be tough under any circumstances. Is McDuffie gonna be ready this week?

I am asking about the blitz because I noticed against Caldwell and Cameron, both teams blitzed the outside LB's when we had no wingback or H-back on thier side. I also saw that if there was no H-back, they blitzed both outside backers. A quick slant to the blitzing LB side would force them to respect the space and may open up the field better. I am not a coach and may be reading the whole thing wrong, but just asking.

Cameron's blitzs wasn't the problem WE were our own biggest problem we had five turnovers and lost by 2 it was our execution
that hurt us more than anything else . That fumble at the start of the 3rd qtr that got reversed hurt pretty good and yes it was a fumble also there was no offside on the onside kick that was called those were momentem killers they were reviewed by the chapter and were booth wrong calls those 2 calls didn't loose the game for us but they didn't help us any also . And just so you know no one in our camp has sour grapes because of the missed or blotch calls these things happen all the time and we certainally
not blaming the officals for our lost we blame ourselves because it's Execute or get Executed and we did not execute when we needed to . Cameron played good ball and I just can't figure out why they haven't don it all year :thinking: oh , and McDuffy has a complete tear on his ACL.

cameron91
11-02-2009, 12:04 PM
let's not write Taylor off just yet. The is the Battle of HWY 79.This game has has some heated battles between both schools. Sure Rockdale has the upper hand , but this doesn't mean the will win. Yall wrote Cameron off last week and look what happen.

Good luck to six team..

It's a shame , that Manor will go to the playoffs with a 3-7 record and a team form 3-a may be sitting at home with a 7-3 record..:(

Yoe_09
11-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
Cameron's blitzs wasn't the problem WE were our own biggest problem we had five turnovers and lost by 2 it was our execution
that hurt us more than anything else . That fumble at the start of the 3rd qtr that got reversed hurt pretty good and yes it was a fumble also there was no offside on the onside kick that was called those were momentem killers they were reviewed by the chapter and were booth wrong calls those 2 calls didn't loose the game for us but they didn't help us any also . And just so you know no one in our camp has sour grapes because of the missed or blotch calls these things happen all the time and we certainally
not blaming the officals for our lost we blame ourselves because it's Execute or get Executed and we did not execute when we needed to . Cameron played good ball and I just can't figure out why they haven't don it all year :thinking: oh , and McDuffy has a complete tear on his ACL. I think it comes down to who was on the field. We had a few offensive players that played both ways and we also brought up someone from jv that played good for us. We have also had some better offensive play calling going on lately. We came out and tried to be too conservative at first but opended things up later. If we can open up the playbook a little more we could have been that team getting ready for the playoffs, but I think the adjustment came a little late. I think the coach now knows this and will have Bette success next year.

venomous tat2
11-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I think it comes down to who was on the field. We had a few offensive players that played both ways and we also brought up someone from jv that played good for us. We have also had some better offensive play calling going on lately. We came out and tried to be too conservative at first but opended things up later. If we can open up the playbook a little more we could have been that team getting ready for the playoffs, but I think the adjustment came a little late. I think the coach now knows this and will have Bette success next year.

To be honest with you I feared Cameron more than anyone else in the dist I knew ya'll had the wepons to win and the athletes to do it .

Yoe_09
11-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
To be honest with you I feared Cameron more than anyone else in the dist I knew ya'll had the wepons to win and the athletes to do it .

We had the weapons offensively we just needed them to be on defense like we have during the last 2 games. It will be a big test this Friday for us to try to stop the Caldwell run.

yoe64
11-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Blood feud the last few years! We moved to Caldwell in the early 80's during the Toby York days and the feud was already well-established. It's always a game that both teams bring all they have to field. Neither team will be distracted.

Of course, I'm confident in my Hornets rain or shine. Y'all may attempt to rain on us but remember we "reign" in wet, muddy conditions. ;)

Can't wait for Friday!

P.S. - We have a feud but I don't think it comes close to Bellville and Sealy's rivalry. :eek:

Yeah, we know, remember last year?
when it "rained"?

Yoe_09
11-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by yoe64
Yeah, we know, remember last year?
when it "rained"?

you wont have to worry about it "raining " this week in Cameron. Plus if it even rains our field actually holds up pretty well. The only "rain" you might see in Texas would be at about midnight, every night, on the Madisonville field.

yoe64
11-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I wasn't saying it was going to, i was making a joke, referring to the so-called rain that was on caldwells field last year.....

Yoe_09
11-02-2009, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yoe64
I wasn't saying it was going to, i was making a joke, referring to the so-called rain that was on caldwells field last year..... [/QUOTE

O yeah, I know about that game last year. I was following up on that.

Yoe_09
11-02-2009, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yoe_09
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yoe64
[B]I wasn't saying it was going to, i was making a joke, referring to the so-called rain that was on caldwells field last year..... [/QUOTE

didnt mean to quote you. Was trying to quote the same one you did.