PDA

View Full Version : Mathis 27 Orange Grove 0

CueroGobblers
10-30-2009, 10:34 PM
GOO Pirates GOOo!!!!!!!

big daddy russ
10-31-2009, 12:48 AM
Nice win, Mathis.

That all but seals it up for you guys. Barring the biggest upset of the year, you're in the playoffs. Good luck, guys.

SintonFan
10-31-2009, 01:05 AM
Was that the final?
Doesn't Mathis have a new coach this year?
Playoff projections?
I say 2-3 rounds.
Mathis looks to be re-building it's recent tradition.:cool:

Blastoderm55
10-31-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Was that the final?
Doesn't Mathis have a new coach this year?
Playoff projections?
I say 2-3 rounds.
Mathis looks to be re-building it's recent tradition.:cool:

Coach is new but he's bringing in Slot T from San Marcos. Coached under Bruce Bush (I think) so he's using a lot of the same principles from the previous staff and Soza's staff before that. Not much of an adjustment needed as the Mathis kids know all about the slot and have run the offense for over a decade save for those two years during the Zepeda regime.

99IHSMustang
10-31-2009, 11:09 AM
Nice win Mathis. You guys are peeking at the right time. Looking forward to seeing how you guys do in the playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Nice win Mathis. You guys are peeking at the right time. Looking forward to seeing how you guys do in the playoffs. Mathis is strong defensively in the first half, were up on Ingleside 7-0, up on Sinton 14-3 and up on Robstown 21-3. second half gave up 20 pts to Ingleside, 30 pts to Sinton and 30 pts to Robstown in the second half. Past two games have played a complete game much better and i think has the best defense in the district.

CueroGobblers
10-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Coach Kilby, this is his first year came from San Marcos and also has college football experience. I cant take nothing from Soza but these kids have been around the Slot T so they know this offense. Coach Kilby and his crew have done an excellent job on just there first year in Mathis. Keep it going because Mathis is hungry for another trip to the playoffs and maybe,just maybe going even to State!!!! Im excited for Mathis Pirates and i will be there for the first playoff game. Defense has been steppin it up, glad that Mathis has been doing some passing during the game. Got to have some kind of passing game 50/50 it always helps. Keep it up and lets hit somebody!!!!!!!!!!