PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood - Sweetwater Game thread

Looking4number8
10-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Sweetwater recieves kick and is making a good drive to the Brownwood 35 but 4th and 5 their.....turnover on downs

Brownwood better start making tackles

Looking4number8
10-30-2009, 07:38 PM
4th play from scrimmage, McShan throws a 29 yeard TD to Shipley (Shipley in single coverage)

B-7
S-0

Looking4number8
10-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Again Sweetwater with a good kick return the a good drive down to the Brownwood 33, 3rd and 3 and a fumble with a return to mid field, Brownwood ball

Brownwood scores on about 10 play drive with a 3 yard run from Longoria

b-14
s- 0

Looking4number8
10-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Sweetwater with another good kick return, drives to the about the Brownwood 20, drops back to pass but QB is hit by T. Harth and fumbles. Ellis picks up the fumble and returns it 72 yards for a TD

B-21
S-0 20 seconds into the 2nd quarter

score is good for us but we are not tackeling!!!

Looking4number8
10-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Sweetwater 3 and out, Brownwood drives a to about the Sweetwater 35 but turns it over on downs

Sweetwater drive to about Brownwood 35 but turns over on towns.

Brownwood drives and scores again 20 yard run by Ratliff

B-28
S-0

Looking4number8
10-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Halftime

28-0

Looking4number8
10-30-2009, 09:13 PM
opening drive of the 2nd half, Brownwood has 19 play drive that ends with a 1 yard TD pass to Shipley

35-0

Looking4number8
10-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Back ups in the game now, Sweetwater can run the ball, they just cant seem to finish a drive

Looking4number8
10-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Trying to listen to the Wylie game to so not sure how but someone from Brownwood scored

42-0

BwdLion73
10-30-2009, 09:29 PM
6 plays 70 yards. 8-yard run Longoria

BwdLion73
10-30-2009, 09:47 PM
It's over Brownwood 42-Sweetwater 0

Looking4number8
10-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Good game Brownwood, now take Snyder to the house and make a run at the playoffs!!

SWMustang
10-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Congrats Brownwood. Now if you guys want to mosey over to the softball fields, we'll see who wins in a little game we like to call gang fight. If you believe everything you read in the Sweetwater Reporter - apparently we're pretty good at the game of abortion too.

Looking4number8
10-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Congrats Brownwood. Now if you guys want to mosey over to the softball fields, we'll see who wins in a little game we like to call gang fight. If you believe everything you read in the Sweetwater Reporter - apparently we're pretty good at the game of abortion too.

ok , I nominate this for scariest post of the year1

BwdLion73
10-30-2009, 10:19 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Who-dun-it!!?
10-30-2009, 10:25 PM
The stangs probably won't score again this year, but man they got it going on at the bowl. That place is freakin nice! I'll probably come over and watch some playoff games there this year just to enjoy the facility. Nice Upgrades Stangs!

Scholar
10-30-2009, 11:21 PM
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4679/skunksn.jpg (http://img257.imageshack.us/i/skunksn.jpg/)

I've heard that they've had a skunk problem at the Bowl. I didn't realize that it had gotten this bad...

Who-dun-it!!?
10-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Scholar
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4679/skunksn.jpg (http://img257.imageshack.us/i/skunksn.jpg/)

I've heard that they've had a skunk problem at the Bowl. I didn't realize that had gotten this bad...

:fnypost:

trusteer/trublu
10-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
ok , I nominate this for scariest post of the year1 I agreee

STANG RED
10-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Good game Brownwood, but you need to stiffen up that run defense some. We moved the ball pretty well most of the night. Just couldnt finish any drives. You'll need to play better next week to win.

Who-dun-it!!?
10-31-2009, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Good game Brownwood, but you need to stiffen up that run defense some. We moved the ball pretty well most of the night. Just couldnt finish any drives. You'll need to play better next week to win.

Lets get an unbiased opinion from the folks at sweetwater, wylie, and Graham "if possible"

Brownwood or Snyder?
You've played em both, What do you all think?

Rocket
10-31-2009, 01:14 AM

I don't think we even looked at Sweetwater's plays or films. We were just winging it. Not a joke either.

Z-RO
10-31-2009, 01:14 AM
I have watched or seen film on all and I would have to say this one in my opinion is going to be a lot closer then expected. If Brownwoods O-liine can keep the QB protected they should win this game. Graham didnt take advantage of the Snyder secondary and that hurt them. Brownwood runs the same type of offense, but they have a much bigger threat with Shipley. Snyder is going to throw everything including the kitchen sink at the Brownwood QB to try to get him rattled and if that happens this is going to get real interesting. With that being said I think Brownwood wins 24-14. However, if Snyder pulls the upset it wouldnt shock me.

Looking4number8
10-31-2009, 09:32 AM

I agree, did not make the game but the radio guys said we were not tackling well at all, especially in the first half. We cant play like that against Snyder... err I mean snider or our season will end next week. That being said, I feel great about the snider game, Coaches will have them ready and kids want a little more vengeance for the 08 season!!

STANG RED
10-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
I don't think we even looked at Sweetwater's plays or films. We were just winging it. Not a joke either.

What does that matter? You had guys there, but our backs were running right through them. Tackling was the problem. Our backs ran through arm tackles all night. If that continues, the wood will get beat! Don’t let those maroon shades blind you from what’s right before your eyes Rocket. I'm sure the coaches saw it, and will run a few extra tackling drills this week.;)

Sweetwater Red
10-31-2009, 12:07 PM
What does that matter? You had guys there, but our backs were running right through them. Tackling was the problem. Our backs ran through arm tackles all night. If that continues, the wood will get beat! Don’t let those maroon shades blind you from what’s right before your eyes Rocket. I'm sure the coaches saw it, and will run a few extra tackling drills this week.;)

On the opening drive they were trying to arm tackle #31 up high
and I said to myself "He'll be running all night if they keep trying
to do that". Unfortunately, he went down with an injury before
halftime or we might have scored at some point in the game. Lol

Rocket
10-31-2009, 12:48 PM

Good point. LOL I think we expected them to just fall down. On the other hand, you guys didn't score. So that just tells me we did our usual bend but don't break scheme. I saw some very hard hits and blocks. I think we rattled your boys a bit. McCoy is a good player. I was impressed by him. He ran hard.

Sweetwater Red
10-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Good point. LOL I think we expected them to just fall down. On the other hand, you guys didn't score. So that just tells me we did our usual bend but don't break scheme. I saw some very hard hits and blocks. I think we rattled your boys a bit. McCoy is a good player. I was impressed by him. He ran hard.

Just to clarify - #31 is Walker, he is a junior. #1 is McCoy, he is a
senior. McCoy starts at WR but they moved him to the backfield when
Walker got injured.