cameron91
10-30-2009, 01:37 PM
read this in Austin newspaper today.

HIGH SCHOOLS
Manor head football coach reassigned

By Danny Davis
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Friday, October 30, 2009

The football coach and athletic director at Manor High has been reassigned, a school district official confirmed Thursday. Eric Carter was removed from his position by Manor Superintendent Andrew Kim on Wednesday.

Carter will move into an administrative role at Manor Excel Academy, the district's alternative campus for at-risk students. Cathy Johnson, assistant superintendent for the Manor school district, did not say why Carter was reassigned.

"What I can tell you is it's in the best interest of the students and the school district that he's been reassigned," Jones said.

Calls to Kim and Carter on Thursday were not immediately returned.

Carter came to Manor about two months after the abrupt resignation of football coach Eugene Rogers in February 2008.

Carter, who had held head coaching jobs in Houston and California, was hired a month after taking over at Bryan Adams High in Dallas. He was released from his contract to coach at Manor.

In two seasons with the Mustangs, Carter was 4-15, although Manor made the playoffs last year with a 2-3 record in District 17-4A. Even with a 1-7 mark this season, the Mustangs are in contention for one of the final two playoff spots from 17-4A.

Manor will host Elgin tonight. Defensive coordinator Doug Handley will serve as interim coach.

The Mustangs will close the regular season on Nov. 6 at Lockhart.

Jones said the Manor district will probably start searching for a new football coach and athletic director in the spring. In the meanwhile, deputy superintendent Russell Wallace will handle the athletic director's duties at Manor High.

Johnny Utah
10-30-2009, 01:47 PM
My how Manor has changed since being 2a.

shamu85
10-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I hope not, but this district seems to be headed down the Wilmer-Hutchins path. Lots of shady dealings there and two academically unacceptable schools out of 9. They just had a big brawl earlier this week at the high school, too. Several kids were arrested.