PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead, 1-3A vs 2-3A

bwdlionfan
10-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I know we don't want to be looking too far ahead but that's what our job is as fans. Estacado clinched a playoff spot last night in District 1-3A and will for sure be the Division 1 Rep out of that district. So the stage is set for Wylie-Estacado in the first round. Assuming we win out and take the #1 seed in Division 2, we will wind up playing their #2 seed in division 2. Right now, Borger is sitting at the top of District 1-3A and will most likely have the #1 seed in the playoffs from 1-3A. That means if we win out Borger would play Graham. Last, who's the second seed out of 1-3A, the team we will face? Right now it could be Dalhart, Perryton, or Lubbock Cooper. Cooper I think needs help to get in plus they have to win out. Perryton has to win out (including a win over Dalhart next week). Right now Dalhart has the inside track to be our first round opponent. Does anyone know if Shipley has favored Friday night or Saturday afternoon games in the past? Also, I'm wondering if this might be played at Jones in Lubbock since we had a scrimmage there this summer.

Now, one last thing... if Snyder does get in and knock us out. It'd be Graham-Dalhart and Snyder-Borger. But we all know that shouldn't happen!

Matthew328
10-30-2009, 12:38 PM
I would imagine if you guys played Perryton it'd be in Lubbock....as long as tech isn't playing Sat would be best due to the travel involved for both teams I'd think...if Jones isn't available Lowrey Field is not a bad place either...

bwdlionfan
10-30-2009, 01:10 PM
If it's Perryton, that one could be in Wichita Falls. That'd be better for me anyway (coming from DFW)

WOS87
10-30-2009, 01:29 PM
1-3A

Assuming Borger wins their last two and Levelland loses their last two (which is a big assumption):

It looks like Estacado will make it in after beating Dalhart last night which means they will automatically be going D1.

The D2 runner up spot will likely be the winner of Dalhart vs Perryton in Week 10

If Dalhart wins over Perryton, Borger wins out and Levelland loses out:
1. Borger 5-0
2. Estacado 3-2 (D1)
3. Dalhart 3-2
4. Cooper 2-3
5. Perryton 2-3
6. Levelland 0-5

If Perryton wins over Dalhart, Borger wins out and Levelland loses out:
1. Borger 5-0
2. Perryton 3-2
3. Estacado 3-2 (D1)
4. Dalhart 2-3
5. Cooper 2-3
6. Levelland 0-5

If Borger were to lose or Levelland were to win that could throw a wrench in it

Cooper plays Borger tonight and they pretty much have to win to have a chance to make the playoffs as that would make it a 3-way tie for 2nd.

DaHop72
10-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

Now, one last thing... if Snyder does get in and knock us out. It'd be Graham-Dalhart and Snyder-Borger. But we all know that shouldn't happen! I believe I saw this same similar statement last year also.:doh: :doh:

bwdlionfan
10-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Snyder wasn't the only reason we didn't make it last year though

DaHop72
10-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Snyder wasn't the only reason we didn't make it last year though :thinking: :thinking: But, if you had beaten the Tigers the last game the other reasons woudn't have mattered. ;) ;)