PDA

View Full Version : Early Bowl Projections

shamu85
10-29-2009, 03:15 PM
This has quite a few matchups I would love to see.

OSU-LSU
UH-Ark
Boise St - Fla might the most entertaining
OU - OU
Miami - UGA
Va Tech - ND

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1007579 (http://)

DDBooger
10-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Who would match up good with Ga Tech. Thus far they have ripped all comers with that triple option attack.

shamu85
10-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Who would match up good with Ga Tech. Thus far they have ripped all comers with that triple option attack.

Well....except for Miami who actually did the ripping.

DDBooger
10-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Well....except for Miami who actually did the ripping. What were Ga Tech's stats for that game?

coach
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
This has quite a few matchups I would love to see.

OSU-LSU
UH-Ark
Boise St - Fla might the most entertaining
OU - OU
Miami - UGA
Va Tech - ND

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1007579 (http://)

im going to say the ou ou game will end in a tie

DDBooger
10-29-2009, 03:28 PM
NVM...found em

RUSHING
ATT YDS TD LG
Allen 6 42 1 19
Nesbitt 14 29 0 21
Jones 6 18 0 12
Dwyer 5 7 0 5
Wright 3 7 0 6
Cox 2 6 0 4
Lyons 1 6 0 6
Peeples 1 3 0 3
Team 1 -23 0 0

Miami did shut them down, then Ga Tech destroys Va Tech's D who all but stifled Miami.

Bullaholic
10-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I think Boise St-TCU would be a fan-pleaser coast to coast. It could be billed as the "BCS Bridesmaids Bowl". :D

DDBooger
10-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think Boise St-TCU would be a fan-pleaser coast to coast. It could be billed as the "BCS Bridesmaids Bowl". :D Their game last year was great. :thinking: It was last year right?

TheDOCTORdre
10-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Their game last year was great. :thinking: It was last year right?

yeah 17-16 was the final right?

Bullaholic
10-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Their game last year was great. :thinking: It was last year right?

17-16 TCU in the Poinsetta Bowl, Booger. I wish they could get into a bigger bowl---but we all know about that BCS process now don't we?

DDBooger
10-29-2009, 03:44 PM
17-16 TCU in the Poinsetta Bowl, Booger. I wish they could get into a bigger bowl---but we all know about that BCS process now don't we? If they both remain undefeated I hope both get put in the BCS, as it is now, only 1 will but can 2 be entered at large?

Old Tiger
10-29-2009, 03:51 PM
If they both remain undefeated I hope both get put in the BCS, as it is now, only 1 will but can 2 be entered at large? I think they both should be in a BCS game but if I were to choose which would get the BCS big I think TCU should/will get it.

Pendragon13
10-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I think they both should be in a BCS game but if I were to choose which would get the BCS big I think TCU should/will get it. Too bad they aren't Notre Dame which would be bowl eligible even if the football program was cancelled..

shamu85
10-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
im going to say the ou ou game will end in a tie

In case you really didn't know, that's Oklahoma vs Oregon.

If you did know, then hahaha. Good one.

JasperDog94
10-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Too bad they aren't Notre Dame which would be bowl eligible even if the football program was cancelled.. Nice...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Maroon87
10-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Too bad they aren't Notre Dame which would be bowl eligible even if the football program was cancelled..

I can't for the life of me figure out why they are playing Washington St. in San Antonio...I know Army played A&M there a few years back but at least there was a Texas school involved. Do they think it's going to help in recruiting? I just don't see it to be honest...:thinking:

Pendragon13
10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I can't for the life of me figure out why they are playing Washington St. in San Antonio...I know Army played A&M there a few years back but at least there was a Texas school involved. Do they think it's going to help in recruiting? I just don't see it to be honest...:thinking: Yeah, I think getting rid of Weis and stopping the suckage would do more for recruiting than having all their games down here..

NastySlot
10-29-2009, 09:57 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out why they are playing Washington St. in San Antonio...I know Army played A&M there a few years back but at least there was a Texas school involved. Do they think it's going to help in recruiting? I just don't see it to be honest...:thinking:

i read some where norte dame has a huge alum base in the s.a and south texas area....growing up in dallas we had two sets of neighbors that were nd. alum.

the nd. baseball team did host a tourney yearly in s.a for a while don't know if they still do.

carter08
10-29-2009, 10:01 PM
UH would destroy arkansas.

plus, i know a guy from arkansas and i would love to watch this game with him and be able to lol.

SintonFan
10-29-2009, 11:06 PM
17-16 TCU in the Poinsetta Bowl, Booger. I wish they could get into a bigger bowl---but we all know about that BCS process now don't we?

My solution to the BcS:

Take all the BCS bowls and the top eight teams in the nation at the end of the regular season, and let the teams fight it out in an eight team playoff. Start a week before Christmas and end a week after the New Year. Let those who don't make the "top 8 cut" play in a traditional Bowl.
The format will look something like this:
4 playoff bowls(1 seed vs 8 seed, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5)
2 semifinal playoff bowls (top seed left vs lowest left and the other game with middle top vs middle bottom)
1 playoff National Championship bowl (for real now)!
I know the number's don't add up for the BCS bowls now but I'm sure if the sites were rotated among current BCS bowls and those outside of, there would be many many takers for this type of playoff system.

LE Dad
10-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Scratch Va Tech :dispntd: :dispntd:

Matthew328
10-30-2009, 09:29 AM

I think part of it also is Notre Dame being a catholic school will have a following in San Antonio to some extent...plus playing a game in TX never hurts..San Antonio is turning into fertile recruiting ground