PDA

View Full Version : Will Argyle win their district?

bowleghorses
10-29-2009, 12:28 PM
What do you think?

big daddy russ
10-29-2009, 12:33 PM
It certainly looks that way. They could lose to Gainesville this week, but it's doubtful. Celina's a bit better than Gainesville, but even so they're still underdogs to the Eagles.

Worst case scenario IMO; they beat Gainesville, lose to Celina, finish with a 4-1 record and a share of the title.

BILLYFRED0000
10-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It certainly looks that way. They could lose to Gainesville this week, but it's doubtful. Celina's a bit better than Gainesville, but even so they're still underdogs to the Eagles.

Worst case scenario IMO; they beat Gainesville, lose to Celina, finish with a 4-1 record and a share of the title.

For 2 bits I would say it depends on Celina at this point. The team is still peaking and it is possible to give Argyle a good game.
But in any case we have probably the three best teams in region 2 in the same district. Celina is finally starting to recover from the injury bug somewhat and we have played one of the toughest schedules in the state in 3a. i think it pays off in the long run. We shall see.

LE Dad
10-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
What do you think? It is possible. I think the coaches are going to have to make those kids really believe that they will beat Celina. Then not let them get behind early.

Of course then Celina will have something to say about that. Those kids already believe.:thinking:

gatordaze
10-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Celina is a bit more than "a little better" than Gainesville.

We may not really know between Celina and Argyle until they meet up the second time for the region as I am not sure it really matters who wins next week as one gets Van Alstyne and the other gets Paris in the first round.

District 9-3 is by far the tougest in the region and all three teams will do will in the playoffs.

kaide
10-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I agree 9-3A is probably the best in the region as far as its top three teams go, but don't be so certain there will be a rematch between Celina and Argyle in the regional final ... there are several good teams in the region, a couple of which could give Argyle and Celina fits.

One that comes to mind would be Kennedale, who is 8-0 and been playing with a backup quarterback since the second or third game of the season and was without a running back for a while.

gatordaze
10-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by kaide
I agree 9-3A is probably the best in the region as far as its top three teams go, but don't be so certain there will be a rematch between Celina and Argyle in the regional final ... there are several good teams in the region, a couple of which could give Argyle and Celina fits.

One that comes to mind would be Kennedale, who is 8-0 and been playing with a backup quarterback since the second or third game of the season and was without a running back for a while.

I hear what your saying but I really don't think that there is more than about a 10% difference in this years team and last. We beat Kennedale by several TD's last year as well as the current crop of Region 1 and 2 projected teams. My gut tells me that TCA, Daingerfield and Prosper are all better than any other team we will face on our half of the bracket other than Argyle.

Although Massey's is flawed in a lot of ways, (they favored us in all of our losses) they still have us favored over all of the region 1-2 teams that we played last year. Kennedale being the closest at a 2 point advantage for Celina.

They have Celina and Argyle even on a neutral field and Argyle up 1 at home.

Time will tell.

Pick6
10-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes, Argyle will win the district. Hope I'm there to watch it but there are alot of good games next week.

WildTexan972
10-29-2009, 04:53 PM
beatin weak G'ville is all they gotta do to at least share the district title, so this is a no-brainer....

Paris or VA in the 1st round matter by game location....VA will be close to home....who knows what a Paris game will bring....but as a true American I figure beatin up those sissy Frenchies is ALWAYS a good thing.....