10-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Edna 42
Goliad 13

swineflu
10-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Edna by as much as they feel necessary.

Cowboy_Up
10-29-2009, 01:23 PM
I just hope we're not looking ahead. We need to stay focused on Goliad or they'll come in here and kick our...

sTx
10-29-2009, 01:50 PM
I doubt that will be an issue Edna should win huge

what does wade birchum coach there??

Cowboy_Up
10-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Coach Birchum is our DC and he's done a great job. If you haven't seen our D, they are flying to the ball and racking up huge sack numbers. Coach Birchum has done a great job and really inspired our kids. They play very hard for him. He's a Gobbler, so I think next week means a lot to him.

dude
10-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I think he is the DC

sTx
10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
Coach Birchum is our DC and he's done a great job. If you haven't seen our D, they are flying to the ball and racking up huge sack numbers. Coach Birchum has done a great job and really inspired our kids. They play very hard for him. He's a Gobbler, so I think next week means a lot to him.

O alright i was jw cause he was a coach at sealy last year and i knew he went to edna but didnt no for what position and yes he is one hell of a coach :D

Green Bling
10-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Edna by a bunch. Hope the results are different next week in Cuero!!:D

gobbler grad
10-30-2009, 06:32 AM
EDNA 51
GOLIAD 12

rojosgirl
10-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Coach Birchum is the boyfriend's nephew and we hear he's doing great things in Edna. Good luck against Goliad this week! :D

44INAROW
10-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Coach Birchum is the boyfriend's nephew and we hear he's doing great things in Edna. Good luck against Goliad this week! :D

there are a couple of former Gobblers on staff in Edna. Gotta be a neat yet weird feeling, coaching against your alma mater.

Booter11
10-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Edna by way more than i can count!

Ruserious
10-30-2009, 09:48 AM
I bet it is way more fun for them coaching against Cuero than any other feeling they may get before, during or after the Cuero game.I let my account expire and finally re-registered due to the excitement of this years Edna Cowboy football team who plays better and better each week! I could go back for ezample and say wow them Yoakum Bulldogs were tough and that according to one Edna player I spoke to were not only well coached but good sports as well, instead I want to congratulate the entire
Cowboy football team for really learning to play tough team football! Good luck Cowboys, play them Tigers just like you have been playing so far (better each week!).

44INAROW
10-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Ruserious
let my account expire and finally re-registered due to the excitement of this years Edna Cowboy football team

Welcome (back) to the Board ;) I've been saying all season that the Cowboys are good and their QB is very good. Should be a great game/atmosphere next week. Good Luck against the Tigers.

Ruserious
10-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks 44, good to be back.

fumanchu
10-30-2009, 10:32 AM
lots of talk about Edna-Cuero I guess Goliad should just stay at home and not even show up. Upset alert?

44INAROW
10-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by fumanchu
lots of talk about Edna-Cuero I guess Goliad should just stay at home and not even show up. Upset alert?
it's hard to hold a one-sided conversation..we don't have many Goliad posters. Please - talk up the Tigers - it's a long way until 5:00 :) I did notice their QB has some good passing stats! and I heard Otwell's name all night long last week. Is he Jr or a Sr. He was all over the field last week.

centexgobbler
10-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Do not think that Edna will look past the Tigers. Goliad has shown improvement since changing offenses. Coach Pierce will not let the Cowboys look past anyone. Good coach.
As far as Birchum, grew up with him. He is a very good DC. Bet the people in PI wish he was still there.

Ruserious
10-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
I just hope we're not looking ahead. We need to stay focused on Goliad or they'll come in here and kick our...

agree ,should be a great game, Goliad was tough last year and won the game!

Cowboy_Up
10-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by fumanchu
No one in Edna is looking past Goliad, or disrespecting the Tigers.
To compete for the District championship in D28, you need to win every game. The Goliad game is the biggest game of the year so far and I guarantee you Coach Pierce has been saying that, loudly, since last Sat. morning.

Bull Butter
10-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Good to see Birchum finally got the lazy gene off, he was spending too much time on talking on the internet to someone instead of watching tape. He s a good coach when he works at it. Just had some bad luck in PI this year, his departure has nothing to do with PI losing I can tell you that much, don't flatter yourself precious

Ruserious
10-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Good to see Birchum finally got the lazy gene off, he was spending too much time on talking on the internet to someone instead of watching tape. He s a good coach when he works at it. Just had some bad luck in PI this year, his departure has nothing to do with PI losing I can tell you that much, don't flatter yourself precious Just curious, do you think good coaching has anything to do with good luck? Or maybe lack of good coaching has anything to do with bad luck? Your post was full of sour grapes! You need some help,try to get some quick !
Good Luck in PI.

Cowboy_Up
10-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Bull,
Coach Birchum has been through a lot and I know the kids have great respect for him. We here in Edna are certainly happy to have him and hope he stays around for a long time.

centexgobbler
10-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Bull, no offense intended towards you or PI. Coach Stumbaugh is a very good coach and has had a good run there. You are correct, Coach Birchum has nothing to do with the season that they are having. Good luck to the Tarpons.

gobbler grad
10-30-2009, 10:10 PM
EDNA WINS 25-7 OVER GOLIAD

them COWBOYS coming to Gobbler Stadium next week...:clap: