PDA

View Full Version : marlin

spaniard
09-15-2002, 11:08 PM
how is marlin looking this year? ive heard that they are really pretty good. i know we have two weeks till we play em, but i was curious about how good they were and stuff so far.

Swarm 51
09-16-2002, 01:00 AM
Spaniard, I saw them in action when they scrimmaged the Gatesville Hornets the week before zero week. As with all Marlin teams, they are blessed with speed and talent and that talent is very well utilized by Coach Malone. Gatesville outscored them 3 to 1 in the scrimmage, but those scores did not come easy. The Burnet Dawg defense may have their hands full with any Marlin outside sweeps as their Q/B and running backs are speedy, speedy. They upset a 4A team this past Friday night in OT. To top that, they also have Ennis on their list as a non-district game. I don't look for the Bulldogs to whip up on Ennis, but it will be a good test for Marlin. I also understand they have a kid that is capable of kicking 50 yd. field goals. Will keep my fingers crossed for your Dawgs. Am sure they can handle the Marlin Bulldogs.

spaniard
09-16-2002, 06:55 PM
thanks for the look swarm. i havent really heard much about marlin except that they had good speed and stuff. hopefully our defense will understand that they need to keep their heads up and stay in the game even if they give up a big play or two, but not to let too many big plays happen.

eye of the tiger
09-16-2002, 07:27 PM
Marlin definately has a tough schedule coming up. Mart, Burnet and then Ennis all before district. I wish you guys well and that you come out of this healty and ready for district.

Super_Fan
09-16-2002, 09:59 PM
What about Marlins Frosh?

Swarm 51
09-16-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Super_Fan:
What about Marlins Frosh?

Sorry, Super Fan, I do not know anything about the Marlin frosh. However, if they are like their freshman teams in the past then they, too, will be be speedy. Marlin was in Gatesville's district for several years and I have yet to see their team lacking speed and talent.