PDA

View Full Version : It's official...Walmart now sells EVERYTHING!!!!(merged)

orange machine
10-28-2009, 06:47 PM
If you die while in Wally world you can now buy a casket.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=caskets

Astrosdawg07
10-28-2009, 06:56 PM
That's just disturbing to me!

big daddy russ
10-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Thank you for that, orange machine. That was the first reason I've had in ten-plus years to forward an email to all my contacts.

kaorder1999
10-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Seriously? (http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=casket)

Ranger Mom
10-29-2009, 08:47 AM
My dad used to work for a funeral home......those are bargain prices for caskets!!!

Send_the_House
10-29-2009, 09:41 AM
So do those go in Cleaning Supplies or Lawn and Garden...

rangerjoe33
10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
So do those go in Cleaning Supplies or Lawn and Garden...
I was thinking the furniture dept...isn't that like bed?

AAA87
10-29-2009, 10:31 AM
I am gonna go with the Regal Wide Body for 1199.00.....sweet giblets.....I am on a lease with a funeral director and he says the new law about bringing in your own casket and not having to buy from funeral home is going to hurt business.....there used to be people dieing to get in!!

STANG RED
10-29-2009, 10:35 AM
I think I'll opt for this one. It's the pinstriping in silver hues that I find really exciting. :D

Star Legacy's Executive Privilege is an exceptional steel casket. Master craftsmen brush-finish the casket in a high-gloss ebony flourish and employ precision pinstriping in silver hues to highlight this magnificent edition. A hand-knit silver velvet interior — soft to the touch — is sewn and gathered by hand to ensure rich, plush bedding. Impeccable detail is applied to the brightly polished hardware and corner pieces.

crzyjournalist03
10-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Amazon sells caskets too...what's scary is the other items that Amazon shows people buy with caskets...things like chainsaws, trash bags, shovels, etc.

shamu85
10-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Don't you just love the names they give their caskets. My favorite is the "Lovely in all Ways" stainless steel casket.

I wonder if they have a return reserve on these?:D :D :D

Phantom Stang
10-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Isn't it interesting that among the "related items" are DVDs of Shoot to Kill, Hard TO Kill, and Confessions?:thinking:

:D

STANG RED
10-29-2009, 10:49 AM
I had to do some electrical work in a casket factory one time. It was the shortest service call in history. I got my work done and the hell out of there as fast as possible.
It really wasnt all that bad, till I had to go back in the storeroom where the childrens caskets were kept. Man that freaked me out!:eek: :(

Ranger Mom
10-29-2009, 10:49 AM
I have always thought it would be cool to own a "rent a casket" place.

You could have your funeral in a nice solid gold casket...and then just be buried in a plain jane one.

Money saved for the loved one's family and a continuous source of income for me.

I could even do a "rent an Urn" business too!!!!:D

shamu85
10-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

You could have your funeral in a nice solid gold casket...and then just be buried in a plain jane one.

Money saved for the loved one's family and a continuous source of income for me.

I could even do a "rent an Urn" business too!!!!:D

That makes sense. I have never understood why something that is just going to be put in the ground to rust and decay costs so much. Give me a plywood box.

StangEm
10-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I went to a funeral once where the man was laid in a casket for visitation and a funeral but when we were leaving the hearse just left. I thought there was going to be a burial but soon found out that he was being cremated instead. The family rented the casket for the time that he was in it. Threw me for a loop on that one....

DaHop72
10-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I think I'll opt for this one. It's the pinstriping in silver hues that I find really exciting. :D

Star Legacy's Executive Privilege is an exceptional steel casket. Master craftsmen brush-finish the casket in a high-gloss ebony flourish and employ precision pinstriping in silver hues to highlight this magnificent edition. A hand-knit silver velvet interior — soft to the touch — is sewn and gathered by hand to ensure rich, plush bedding. Impeccable detail is applied to the brightly polished hardware and corner pieces. Or this one, for your broad shoulders. :D :D

Generously sized, the Star Legacy's Regal Wide Body has extended dimensions width combined with an adjustable bed. Exceptional quality, sleek design and squared corners add to its contoured look. The hand-tailored white crepe interior and hand-painted, high gloss antique gunmetal finish is complemented with classically designed hardware and premium swing bars. it is the perfect match for the person who lived life to its fullest.

Made of Legacy Superior Grade 18-gauge steel
4" wider than standard sizes
Premium one-piece, reinforced swing handle bars in classic Corinthian design and end-capped
Adjustable bed and mattress
Gasketed rim
Contains memory tube
Half-couch design with square corners
Tufted design in open lid cap
Exterior dimensions: 28"W x 83"L x 23"H
Interior dimensions: 27"W x 74"L x 12"H
Ships via Federal Express
Made in USA

KngKongInDTrunk
10-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Cant beat the price on "Dad remembered"

SintonFan
10-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I had to do some electrical work in a casket factory one time. It was the shortest service call in history. I got my work done and the hell out of there as fast as possible.
It really wasnt all that bad, till I had to go back in the storeroom where the childrens caskets were kept. Man that freaked me out!:eek: :(

Your kidding right?
Try going to a crematorium weekly, seeing the "cardboard boxes" and the occasional small cardboard box.:eek:

PhiI C
10-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by shamu85
That makes sense. I have never understood why something that is just going to be put in the ground to rust and decay costs so much. Give me a plywood box.

Now this is a practical person. I would just as soon be cremated and my ashes thrown out over the Sinton softball field is they would let them. If it is during softball season the football field would do.

;)

orange machine
11-02-2009, 11:20 PM
I think its funny when people say at funeral while looking at the body,"man they look really good" thats when i say no they look really dead.