PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights Pilot Tonight

3AFootballfan
10-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Watched the Pilot tonight. All I'll say is it's gonna be very interesting.

44INAROW
10-28-2009, 10:20 PM
I have it set to record on DVR at 11:00 can't wait to see it ;)

Emerson1
10-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Only on Direct TV again?

Keith7
10-29-2009, 01:02 PM
you can watch it on ninjavideo

maroonpirate04
10-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Guess I gotta wait a year from now to buy the 4th season on dvd:( Can't wait til that day comes:)

Emerson1
10-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
you can watch it on ninjavideo

2). Illegal activity topics are forbidden.
Topics and comments involving the promotion, sale, participation, or distribution of illegal substances and/or activities are forbidden.

wtfootball
10-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Direct TV 101, I thought it was awesome and will be a great season.

44INAROW
10-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
Direct TV 101, I thought it was awesome and will be a great season.

I have watched from the very 1st show. I Like the way this show is starting out this season. Can't wait for next week's show. I wanna slap that smug guy (the young QB's dad, the rich guy) He is such an arrogant &^%. How did you like it when Coach Taylor got into that punk/player's face? I like the way the show is filmed - Peter Berg is a good director!

Pendragon13
10-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
2). Illegal activity topics are forbidden.
Topics and comments involving the promotion, sale, participation, or distribution of illegal substances and/or activities are forbidden. I've never used ninjavideo but I'm pretty sure it's like Hulu and backed by the networks who provide the shows...even the network websites have past episodes of certain shows..

Pendragon13
10-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Back to this episode...clearly they have a different writing team and have gotten rid of most of their native Texan "advisors"...they've abandoned trying to have everyone fake a Texas accent (ok by me) but the "east Dillon" thing is ludicrous. Even the smallest town, and roughest inner city schools in Texas have more support than this fictional team. Also, it seems that the on-field action isn't as realistic as years past....more choreographed typical tv/movie football. Past season it looks like they let ex-players run plays designed by real coaches...and then just did the choreographed stuff for the stars closeups. The whole "coach taking over a doomed football program" thing has been done way to many times to be fresh..

Gonzo
10-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose!

Emerson1
10-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
I've never used ninjavideo but I'm pretty sure it's like Hulu and backed by the networks who provide the shows...even the network websites have past episodes of certain shows..
It's not. I don't think they would support having DVD rips of movies on a web site. I guess technically the website it's self is legal, but that is just a loop hole and the entire process is illegal. Network websites have full shows, but they also have advertising.

Pendragon13
10-29-2009, 06:08 PM
It's not. I don't think they would support having DVD rips of movies on a web site. I guess technically the website it's self is legal, but that is just a loop hole and the entire process is illegal. Network websites have full shows, but they also have advertising. Oh, ok...like I said I've never used ninjavideo, but I've heard it mentioned alongside Hulu. Now that I've visited the site....I don't see how it could be illegal and not shut down already since they aren't hiding what they're doing at all.

Keith7
10-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Ninjavideo is no worse than copy and pasting articles

Emerson1
10-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Oh, ok...like I said I've never used ninjavideo, but I've heard it mentioned alongside Hulu. Now that I've visited the site....I don't see how it could be illegal and not shut down already since they aren't hiding what they're doing at all.
It's like limewire or websites that search for torrents. They aren't technically hosting it on their servers, but they link to and have on their pages illegal content. Either way it's facilitating an illegal activity.

Hulu is owned by NBC and they put up their content which they own. Ninjavideo doesn't own any of the content.

Keith7
10-29-2009, 10:34 PM
It's like limewire or websites that search for torrents. They aren't technically hosting it on their servers, but they link to and have on their pages illegal content. Either way it's facilitating an illegal activity.

Hulu is owned by NBC and they put up their content which they own. Ninjavideo doesn't own any of the content.

All their videos are on their servers actually..

And again, Ninjavideo is no worse than copy and pasting articles.. They both take copyrighted material and put it on another website for entertainment

TheDOCTORdre
10-29-2009, 10:36 PM

And again, Ninjavideo is no worse than copy and pasting articles.. They both take copyrighted material and put it on another website for entertainment

you are absolutely right Keith thats why I have stoped copying and pasting articles and just pasting links

Emerson1
11-04-2009, 12:12 AM

It's still illegal either way.

Antec
11-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Was tonight's Episode the first one of this season or was it last week?

44INAROW
11-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Was tonight's Episode the first one of this season or was it last week? tonight's episode should be the 2nd show.. I haven't seen it yet - it's recording at 11 for me

Antec
11-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Then I missed the first episode

I tried Ninja Video but rebuffers all the time
internet connection is too slow

Keith7
11-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Then I missed the first episode

I tried Ninja Video but rebuffers all the time
internet connection is too slow

that sucks.. you might try it on megavideo.. a flash version might suit you better

44INAROW
11-05-2009, 09:37 AM
I really liked what I saw of last night's episode. I saw about 3/4 of it - will see the rest after work. The "Booster Club" meeting at the cafe with the big blue BOOSTER CLUB emblem hanging in the back was funny - absolutely nothing like our meetings. Loving the Riggins storyline this year and Matt being that "artists" intern is interesting. Can't wait to see the rest of last night's show. Wondering though, what is Joe McCoy's role with the Panther team? Is he a coach? I know he's the QB's dad and he's got tons of money and throws it around like nobody's business.

lulu
11-05-2009, 11:42 AM
I cannot believe I am missing this show. Not on our cable stations. I have watched this from day one and now I can't see it. Ok legal or not I'm finding a way.:mad:

44INAROW
11-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by lulu
I cannot believe I am missing this show. Not on our cable stations. I have watched this from day one and now I can't see it. Ok legal or not I'm finding a way.:mad:
it is supposed to be on NBC in the spring sometime. Not sure when.. sorry - I think Channel 101 on Direct TV is the only TV station I know of now