PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford

gambler1606
10-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Here is a good Question for all of 3adownlow land to ponder for a bit.
Should Sam Bradford have surgery and turn Pro? or should he have surgery and return to Oklahoma for his Sr. year?

Emerson1
10-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Go pro before there is a rookie salary cap.

Bullaholic
10-28-2009, 07:00 PM
I think from the money standpoint he has to have the surgery and return to OU. I don't know many NFL teams who will pay the big bucks for an untested QB arm, in, or just out of, rehab. Another full college season will be an acid test, and if he holds up and does well---cha-ching....

Trashman
10-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think from the money standpoint he has to have the surgery and return to OU. I don't know many NFL teams who will pay the big bucks for an untested QB arm, in, or just out of, rehab. Another full college season will be an acid test, and if he holds up and does well---cha-ching....

Who are you kidding? Al, Danny and Jerry would in a minute.:D

big daddy russ
10-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I'd tell him to talk to some scouts, talk to the league office, and figure out where he will actually go as the draft approaches. If he's in the top half of the first round, take the money and run. Like he should've last year.

If he's slipped into a later round, come back...

On second thought, there's just so many variables. If he goes back, does he get the Chris Weinke/Jason Smith comparisons of men too old to be drafted high? If he stays is there a QB controversy that he starts up in Norman? If he goes, will the questions about the shoulder scare a bunch of teams off at the last minute, causing a domino effect where he drops past the teams who didn't even bother scouting him... kinda like Randy Moss or Rashard Lewis?

Tough call.

Diocletian
10-28-2009, 07:57 PM
He's better off going now.

The more he drops the better off he will be. He'll get the chance to back up a good QB and learn...

He will 100% go first round.

cshscougar08
10-28-2009, 08:56 PM
His surgery was successful this morning. He went through a light workout with it this evening and should be back in Oklahoma by the weekend. He plans on entering the NFL draft if rehab goes according to plan and goes well. We're all sad to see him go here, but we expected nothing less. We're happy and excited about his future career.

squid
10-28-2009, 10:33 PM
There's only ONE Oklahoma!

and just when I thought I had nothing to be thankful for today.....

Spread It Out
10-29-2009, 01:55 AM
I heard on ESPN that he took out an insurance policy. How exactly does that work?